Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • August 8, 2019 11:27 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Carroll was offered a job on the Jaguars st

PHOENIX - Nate Carroll almost passed on the chance to own a Super Bowl ring. Yeezy Shoes Australia .Following the 2012 season when Gus Bradley was hired as the head coach in Jacksonville, Carroll was offered a job on the Jaguars staff. Doing so would have meant leaving Seattle, where Carroll was serving as a defensive assistant, and leaving his dad, Pete Carroll.I went down there and interviewed and I honestly thought about taking it just to show I could get a job outside of my father, Nate Carroll said. That was a big selling point for me.Nate Carroll ultimately stayed in Seattle when his dad offered him a position as an assistant wide receivers coach. It was a chance for the younger Carroll to learn the offensive side after starting his career with the Seahawks working under Bradley when he was Seattles defensive co-ordinator.I couldnt turn that down because the opportunity to learn offence after youve learned defence is rare, he said. In the football business most guys stay on one side and thats what they get and football is two different sides of a coin. Its night and day. Ive been very lucky.Both the coaching staffs in Sundays Super Bowl have family connections. Pete Carrolls son is in his fourth season working for the Seahawks, while Bill Belichicks son, Steve, is in his third season as an assistant for the Patriots. Steve Belichick was a lacrosse player at Rutgers before walking on the football team as a long snapper.Obviously, the passions in the family and they love what they do and Steven works his butt off, New England special teams coach Scott OBrien said. Theres a lot of times he doesnt even go home. He just stays there. If you enjoy what youre doing why dont you stay there?Generations of sons have followed their fathers into the coaching ranks. The names Ryan, Shula, Schottenheimer, Shanahan, Mora, Kiffin, Nolan and numerous others have seen multiple generations coach in some capacity in the NFL.Its truly a treasure for me. To have the chance to have Nate to be on this staff and watch him develop over the years hes been with us and grow as a coach, Pete Carroll said. To compete with your son, really at this level, to battle and to work day and night to try to figure out ways to try to win football games and youre doing it with those that you love, it just makes it a cherished time for us.Nate Carroll turned down a chance to play college football at San Diego — where he was recruited by Jim Harbaugh — to attend Southern Cal and later was hired by his dad in Seattle. While Nate Carrolls primary job is working with Seattles wide receivers, hes also the one who at times has to be blunt and honest with his dad when others might shy away from speaking that way with the head coach. Its a learned skill, moulded from saying the wrong thing at times when he was younger.Ive learned what he needs to hear, too, at times. He is ultra-positive and he will spin everything in a positive light because its better, he thinks and hes right, I think, Nate Carroll said. But at the same time I think its part of my role to give him the perspective of an outsider. What does everybody else see that is going on? I keep my ear to the pavement and try to listen to the media stuff, just a little bit here and there so I know how everyone else views it so he is informed about that stuff, too.___AP Sports Writer Howard Ulman contributed to this report.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Yeezy Shoes Australia Online . Both moves were announced Tuesday. The Titans had waived Matthews on Saturday when they promoted wide receiver Michael Preston from the practice squad. Yeezy Boost Cheap Real . Playing in his fourth major league game, Polanco broke a tie in the 13th inning with his first homer, helping Pittsburgh to an 8-6 victory over the Miami Marlins after the Pirates had a ninth-inning meltdown.Hail to the champions. The Winnipeg Goldeyes are the champions of the American Associations North Division. With a doubleheader sweep of the visiting Sioux Falls Canaries, the Goldeyes improved to 58-33 on the season and wrapped up the North Division pennant with nine games remaining in the schedule. The Fish won game one of Friday nights twin bill 6-3 behind starter Ryan Bollinger and then took game two, 2-0 as Nick Hernandez won his 11th game of the season by throwing a five-hit shutout. It was the win in game two that locked up the regular season title and sent the Goldeyes into the playoffs for the seventh time in Rick Forneys nine seasons as Goldeyes manager. "There isnt a guy in that clubhouse who didnt want the ball in that game tonight and I was about as happy as I could be to the one who got the start," said Hernandez. "When I think about the fact that I missed two-and-a-half years of baseball because my arm just wouldnt do what I needed it to do and when I think about the bad start I got off to this season (his ERA was 7.29 after his first three starts), Im just happy that Rick gave me the ball tonight. "This is a great team. Maybe the best team Ive played on in my career. Im so fortunate to be here. We look up at that 2012 Championship pennant banner every day and we want one of those. Thats the goal. This is a great start but there is more work to do yet." After taking the opener 6-3, the Goldeyes got two runs in the first inning of the nightcap and thats all they needed. Brock Bond led off with a single, Jake Blackwood was hit by a pitch, and then Tyler Kuhn hit a ground rule double into the Goldeyes bullpen to score Bond with what turned out to be the winning run. Casey Haerther grounded out, but Blackwood scored from third and the Goldeyes had more than they needed with Hernandez on the mound. After the game, in the midst of a champagne celebration, Forney told his team how proud he was of their accomplishment. "You guys have done everything Ive asked oof you from day one," he said. Yeezy 700 V2 Australia. "Im so proud of all of you." With the doubleheader sweep, the Goldeyes won their sixth and seventh straight games and have now won 11 of their last 12. It didnt matter what second-place St. Paul did in Lincoln on Friday night. The Fish wrapped it up when Hernandez struck out Sioux Falls shortstop Stephen Branca to record the final out. Hernandez (11-2, 3.13 ERA) got the complete-game win while Kye Winter (1-3, 7.04 ERA) suffered the loss. The Goldeyes finished with two runs on only four hits while Sioux Falls had no runs on five hits. Goldeyes playoff tickets are now on sale. The first two games of the post-season will be played at Winnipegs Shaw Park on Sept. 3 and 4. The Goldeyes opponent is yet to be determined. In Friday nights first game, the Goldeyes fell behind 2-0 after the top of the first but answered the bell in the bottom of the first and never looked back. Down two-zip, the Fish got a single from Jake Blackwood and then after Tyler Kuhn walked and Casey Haerther singled to load the bases. Reggie Abercrombie was safe on a fielders choice and drove in Blackwood for Winnipegs first run. Donnie Webbs infield single drove home Kuhn to make it 2-2 and then Josh Mazzolas solid single to left brought in Abercrombie to give Winnipeg a 3-2 lead. In the second, the Goldeyes went ahead 5-2 as Brock Bond walked, stole second and scored on Kuhns single and then, after Haerther walked, Abercrombie drove home Kuhn with a base hit. A.J. Kirby-Jones homered for Sioux Falls to make the score 5-3, but Kuhn hit a long solo homer in the fourth to make it 6-3 and the Goldeyes were on the threshold of the post-season. Bollinger (2-0, 4.09 ERA) got the victory while Sioux Falls starter Matt Wickswat (3-8, 6.20 ERA) pitched a complete game but took the loss. Chris Kissock (3.07 ERA) picked up his 16th save of the season for Winnipeg. The Goldeyes finished with six runs on nine hits while New Jersey had three runs on nine scattered hits. ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel