Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • August 8, 2019 11:26 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

. The contest will be played on Feb

New York, NY (SportsNetwork. Nike Air Max Günstig Outlet .com) - Reigning NBA Rookie the Year Michael Carter-Williams and Andrew Wiggins, the current favorite to win the award this season, highlight the selections for the 2015 Rising Stars Challenge. In a new format, 20 players will take part in the game as members of either the U.S. Team or World Team. The contest will be played on Feb. 13 at Brooklyns Barclays Center, two days before the NBA All-Star Game. Carter-Williams, the face of the rebuilding Philadelphia 76ers, is averaging 15.3 points, 7.1 assists and 6.0 rebounds per game. Wiggins, picked first overall in the 2014 draft, has improved his game after a slow start. In 14 January games, the Minnesota Timberwolves forward is averaging 19.7 points on 46.6 percent shooting. Joining Carter-Williams on the U.S. squad are 76ers teammate Nerlens Noel, Orlandos Victor Oladipo and Elfrid Payton, Timberwolves teammates Zach LaVine and Shabazz Muhammad, Utahs Trey Burke, Detroits Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Brooklyns Mason Plumlee and Charlottes Cody Zeller. Noel leads all rookies in rebounds, steals and blocks per game, while Oladipo is the sophomore class leading scorer. Wiggins will be joined on the World squad by Minnesota teammate Gorgui Dieng, Jazz teammates Dante Exum and Rudy Gobert, Oklahoma Citys Steven Adams, Milwaukees Giannis Antetokounmpo, Brooklyns Bojan Bogdanovic, Chicagos Nikola Mirotic, Bostons Kelly Olynyk and Atlantas Dennis Schroder. The U.S. team will be coached by Golden State assistant Alvin Gentry, while Atlanta assistant Kenny Atkinson is in charge of the World squad. Timberwolves forward Anthony Bennett, chosen with the first pick in the 2013 draft, was not invited to the game in either season he was eligible. Nike Air Max Günstig Kaufen . Kevin Durant certainly played like there was on Sunday night, scoring 36 points and grabbing 10 rebounds as the Thunder made quick work of the visiting Pacers with a 118-94 win. Nike Air Max Günstig . Top-seeded Djokovic, who is making only his second appearance this year after reaching the quarterfinals of the Australian Open, was a 6-3, 6-3 winner over 54th-ranked Istomin of Uzbekistan. "It wasnt as easy as the scoreline indicates," said Djokovic, who has won in Dubai on four occasions.BROOKLYN  – Kevin Garnett is very excited to see what the crowd will be like at the Barclays Center on Friday. Just ask him. "Very eager," Garnett said after the Brooklyn Nets practice on Thursday. "Very eager, very eager to see how they respond to the F Brooklyn [comment]. Very, very eager to see how they respond to those kids sitting in our arena. I dont know if thats going to be … Well see. Put it like that. Well see." Garnett is, of course, referencing the slur directed at Brooklyn by Toronto Raptors general manager Masai Ujiri at a pep rally moments before Game 1 tipped on Saturday. So, what does Garnett expect from the Nets faithful in Game 3 as the series shifts south? "I dont know. I dont know. Ive never had a series in Brooklyn before. I never said, F Brooklyn, before so were about to see what thats like." Indeed we will. And the sense from some Nets players is the inexperienced Raptors, who have shown some nerves early in the series turning the ball over 40 times, may have trouble weathering the storm. Alan Anderson, who played for the Raptors the last two seasons before signing with the Nets in the summer, believes the fans in Brooklyn are more intense than those who fill the Air Canada Centre. "Theyre more rowdy," said Anderson with a big grin. "Yeah, definitely, theyre way more rowdy. Youre going to see. Its Brooklyn ... New Yorkers. They come in and theyre going to think theyre in the game like theyre playing so were going to have some fun. "I think its going to be great, especially with the little chittter chatter going on. Air Max Schuhe Sale. I know our fans are listening and Im looking forward to it. "Brooklyn, man, fans are rowdy already without help." That help came from Ujiri, whose comment earned him a fine from the NBA. Nets players expect their fans to weigh in with their own brand of justice. "Im sure they will be [riled up]," said Deron Williams. "They will be. Theyre ready. Theyre ready for the playoffs no matter what. That may have given them a little more incentive and hopefully theyll bring a little extra noise and rowdiness." "Im sure it will play a factor," said Joe Johnson. "I dont know if their GM is going to be here or not, but Im sure Brooklyns looking forward to it." For the record: Ujiri is expected to be in attendance. "Im expecting the crowd to be very, very into it, uh, Brooklyn style," said Garnett. "Im looking forward to us taking care of home." When the Nets players and head coach Jason Kidd werent being peppered with questions about what the crowd may be like, they spoke about the need to tighten up defensively and find a way to rebound better. So its not like the home-court advantage will be decisive in and of itself.  And Johnson did strike a cautionary note amidst all the barbs. "We understand that this is not going to be easy by any means. Its going to be tough, I mean, just look around throughout the league, the playoffs, a lot of teams have been losing at home so we want to be very conscious of that and really come out and try and set the tone early." ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel