Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • August 8, 2019 11:26 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

confidants within the MLB Players

With the CFL and its players set to have a ratification vote on a new labour deal on Thursday, one CFLer doesnt seem to be on board. Reggie White Womens Jersey . Marco Iannuzzi, a wide receiver for the B.C. Lions, took to Twitter to vent his frustrations with the latest negotiations. Iannuzzi said, through a series of Tweets, that after speaking to confidants within the MLB Players Association and NFL Players Association, he feels the players "have been taken advantage of" during negotiations. "Now, after these #CollectiveBullyingNegotiations we have no choice but to strike for what is #fair," said Iannuzzi. "My apologies to all those who will be affected; stadium staffs, other businesses reliant on gameday revenue & of course to you fans." Sources say the players will vote electronically on Thursday while the CFLs board of governors will vote on the deal on Friday. The new deal includes a $5 million salary cap, well below the $6.24 million the CFLPA was asking for. Brett Favre Packers Jersey .J. -- Fabian Johnson scored his first international goal and Clint Dempsey doubled the lead after a defensive lapse as the United States beat Turkey 2-1 Sunday in the second of three World Cup warm-up matches for the Americans before they head to Brazil. Dave Robinson Youth Jersey . Russell Wilson against Darrelle Revis, former teammate Brandon Browner and whatever schemes Bill Belichick dreams up.MONTREAL - Canadian short track speed skaters arent down in the dumps despite a miserable day of competition.The Canadian men and women were kept off the podium and away from any silverware at the ISU short track World Cup at Montreals Maurice Richard Arena on Sunday.Nobody is too disappointed, said Charles Hamelin, who failed to qualify for the final of the mens 500-metre race. There were a lot of youngsters who had good races. A lot of us had good races. Its not because we werent in finals that we cant take away anything positive from the weekend.Besides Hamelin, Valerie Maltais (eighth in the womens 1,000 race), Guillaume Bastille (fifth in the mens 1,000) and Patrick Duffy (sixth in the mens 1,000) all failed to qualify for their respective finals.We may not have gotten medals, but were already looking ahead to the next World Cups, added Hamelin. We always aim for a podium finish, but now we have to focus on our upcoming competitions.Canada came close to earning a medal on just two occasions on Sunday, but fell short both times.In the last hope for a Canadian medal on the day, Marianne St-Gelais fell and crashed into the boards on the final turn of the womens 3,000 relay. The foursome made up of St-Gelais, Maltais, Kasandra Bradette and Kim Boutin finished fourth.The day was filled with misadventures, said Boutin, 19. We were all in fine form despite a few falls and a few disqualifications.Earlier in the day, 21-year-old Yoan Gauthier finished fourth in the mens 500 final, losing out on a bronze medal by one tenth of a second. Gauthier looked to have secured a third-place finish before Russias Vladimir Grigorev overtook him on the last lap.There were a lot of positives in my last race, despite the lack of a medal, said Gauthier, who made his first appearance in a Word Cup final. I think I proved to everybody, and to myself, that I can compete in precarious circumstances.In his semifinal, crowd favourite Hamelin appeared destined for a spot in the 500 final until Russians Dmitry Migunov and Grigorev jumped ahead of him with two laps remaining.I was tight in a turn, and my right foot just didnt hold, said Hamelin. I went wide, and the two Russians went by me. I dont think it was a bad race on my end.In the first of two 1,000-metres mens semifinals, Bastille failed to make the final by just 13 milliseconds after Hungarys Shaolin Sandor Liu gave a final burst of speed on the last turn. Jaire Alexander Womens Jersey. When I overtook the Russian, I lost a lot of speed, and the Hungarian made the most of it, said Bastille. Kudos to him. I was between first and third, and I was holding on to my third place. Thirteen milliseconds… that hurts.In the following race, Duffy also missed out on the 1,000 final by 14 milliseconds.In the womens relay, St-Gelais and her skating partners were in second place for a large portion of the race, giving speed-skating fans at Maurice Richard Arena something to celebrate. After the women fell into third place with just one lap to go, St-Gelais made a move for second but lost her footing.Its unfortunate that it happened — the ice was getting soft, said Boutin of Gelais fall on the final turn. She gave it her all, and we cant reprimand her for that. We ran a good race.Canada finished fourth behind the Russians, Italians, and South Koreans, who won gold.We moved up from fourth to second, and we kept a good speed throughout, added Boutin. We wanted a podium finish, but these things happen.Boutin and the relay team qualified for Sundays final after finishing second in the semifinal. The mens relay team was not in action on Sunday after failing to advance from Fridays heats.Canadas disappointing ended a tough weekend for Canadian short-track speed skaters. On Saturday, St-Gelais captured Canadas only medal from the weekends events — silver in the womens 500 final.Last week in Salt Lake City, the first event of this World Cup season, Canadians took home a total of four medals — one gold, one silver, and two bronze.On Sunday in Montreal, Arianna Fontana of Italy won gold in the womens 500, while South Koreas Suk Hee Shim took top spot in the 1,000.On the mens side, Migunov won gold in the mens 500 race, and Da Woon Sin from South Korea was victorious in the 1000. South Korea won the mens 5,000-metre team relay.Notes: This was the seventh short track speed skating World Cup held in Montreal, and the 16th held in a Canadian city. … The next short track World Cup event will take place in Shanghai, China, on Dec. 12, followed by Seoul, South Korea, on Dec. 19. ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel