Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 17, 2018 9:53 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

before play was suspended because o

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia -- Determined to end a two-year title drought, Lee Westwood shot a 7-under 65 Thursday to take the lead at storm-affected Malaysian Open. Cheap Adidas Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys . Westwood had a bogey at his first hole but birdied four of his closing five to take a one-shot lead ahead of Nicolas Colsaerts of Belgium before play was suspended because of the risk of lightning. A tropical downpour in the afternoon had previously halted play for more than an hour, and 45 players in the 156-man field will have to complete their first round on Friday. The 36th-ranked Westwood is coming off a seventh-place finish at the Masters last weekend -- his best so far this year -- and is looking to repeat his Malaysian Open victory from 1997. "I didnt make the best of starts bogeying ... the first hole, but fortunately that didnt set the tone," Westwood said. "I hit it really well and hit it close a lot. I had to be patient because I was hitting good putts and they werent going in (until) I holed one from about eight feet on my 16th." Colsaerts recovered from a neck injury that forced him out of the Houston Open earlier this month and carded a 66. Northern Irelands Michael Hoey and Portugals Ricardo Santos were a stroke further back in the co-sanctioned European and Asian Tour event. Colsaerts, a former Ryder Cup player who has slipped to 131st in the world, had eight birdies and two bogeys in his round. "Ive felt Ive played pretty well since early in the season, but theres always been a stretch of holes where Ive shot myself in the foot for some reason," Colsaerts said. "Ive missed good opportunities to have good weeks. So the plan is to come back here to get some momentum and confidence back." Defending champion Kiradech Aphibarnrat of Thailand shot a 71 and 2012 winner Louis Oosthuizen of South Africa had a 72. Authentic Brayden Point Jersey . Louis Blues were workmanlike, methodical and -- most of all -- effective on Monday night. Adidas Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys . In the last race before the Sochi Olympics, Bjoergen followed up her win in the 10-kilometre classical race on Saturday by beating World Cup sprint leader Denise Herrmann of Germany by 0.43 seconds for her fifth victory of the season. GLEN COVE, N.Y. -- Kristen Gillman and Brooke Mackenzie Henderson won semifinal matches Saturday to advance to the 36-hole final in the U.S. Womens Amateur at Nassau Country Club. The 16-year-old Gillman, Austin, Texas, beat 15-year-old Andrea Lee of Hermosa Beach, California, 4 and 3. Henderson, the 16-year-old Canadian who is No. 2 in the world amateur ranking, edged 16-year-old Hannah OSullivan of Paradise Valley, Arizona, 1 up. "It feels awesome," Gillman said. "Coming into this week thats all you wanted. It feels great to accomplish that. Gillman is coming off an 11-stroke victory last week in the Junior PGA Championship. "It helped me a lot about all the momentum and just the confidence I had in my game," Gillman said. Henderson, from Smith Falls, Ontario, is trying to become the third Canadian winner in tournament history, following Marlene Stewart in 1956 and Cathy Sherk in 1978. "Its amazingg. Authentic Mikhail Sergachev Jersey. Im really excited to play tomorrow," Henderson said. "As I said earlier, I still have a lot of work to do. Its exciting to be in the final. Best finish previous to this week was round of 32, so its great to have a chance to win and contend for the title. "Definitely going to play my game, be smart about decisions. Match play is really different from stroke play. Youve got to be really careful and smart." Henderson lost the first two holes and pulled even par wins on Nos. 9 and 10. She took the lead with a 50- foot birdie chip on the par-4 14th and matched OSullivan with pars on the final four holes. "She was playing really well," Henderson said. "Shes a great player and she has a great future ahead of her. It was a lot of fun out there. I made a couple mistakes early that got me 2 down, but I was able to fight back, and thats really key to learn how to do that." Jerseys NFL China Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Discount Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Cheap Nike Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Nike Patriots Jerseys Cheap Nike Jets JerseysCheap Nike Bengals Jerseys Cheap Nike Browns Jerseys Cheap Nike Steelers Jerseys Cheap Nike Texans Jerseys Cheap Nike Colts Jerseys Cheap Nike Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Nike Titans Jerseys Cheap Nike Broncos Jerseys ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel