Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • July 9, 2019 2:26 PM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

to the draft and released a statem

Quinn Smith will not be appealing his failed drug test. Phil Rizzuto Jersey . The Calgary Stampeders draft pick, taken seventh-overall, tested positive for a banned substance prior to the draft and released a statement through the team that he will not appeal the result. "I have been informed by the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport (CCES) that the B sample result from an out-of-competition doping control test on Mar. 21 in Toronto has confirmed the presence of Stanozolol metabolite,” Smith said. "I accept the consequences of the findings and will not be appealing. I would like to reiterate that I accept full responsibility for the result of the test. I assure everyone that it was not my intention to use a banned substance. I did not properly research the contents of supplements I obtained online and I will accept the consequences of not being as diligent and thorough as I should have been. The fault is mine alone. "I apologize to the Canadian Football League, Canadian Interuniversity Sport, Concordia University and the Calgary Stampeders for the negative attention that has been resulted from this episode and can assure everyone that this will not happen again. I thank my family and friends for their continued support." Stampeders head coach John Hufnagel also released a statement. "After speaking to the young man, I believe his explanation of what took place,” Hufnagel said. “I am confident that he has learned from his error and that he will be much more careful in the future. I applaud Quinn for accepting responsibility for his mistake and I do not expect a reoccurrence of this situation." Smith will enter the league with a first violation, which subjects him to mandatory testing under the provisions of the CFLs drug policy. Wade Boggs Jersey . -- Jesse Lussier scored 8:24 into overtime as the Halifax Mooseheads erased a four-goal deficit to beat the host Val-dOr Foreurs 6-5 on Tuesday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League playoff action. Mike Ford Jersey . The young man, never lacking confidence, thought he could be really good. MELBOURNE, Australia -- Montreals Eugenie Bouchard thinks about tennis all the time -- even when shes relaxing. The 19-year-old is preparing for the biggest match of her fledging career as she faces Ana Ivanovic in the quarter-finals of the Australian Open on Tuesday. Bouchard, whose WTA ranking is expected to rise as high as No. 21 after this tournament, will face a tough test in Ivanovic, a former No. 1 and 2008 French Open champion. Despite the daunting task, Bouchard has found some time to unwind. "Right now Im watching Heart of Dixie on my computer," said Bouchard on Monday. "But I do enjoy watching tennis at night, Of course, its tennis. But to me its still watching as a fan, its entertaining. "I love tennis, its my life. So thinking about tennis all the time is kind of what I do. I dont really try to get away from it too much. Once in a while, yes -- but its my job." Bouchards main task along with coach Nick Saviano will be to break down the game of Ivanovic, who has not lost a match this season (9-0) and came to Melbourne with the Auckland title to hand. The 14th-seeded Serb is fresh from her knockout of top seed Serena Williams while Bouchard booked her place with a win over Australian Casey Dellacqua 6-7 (5), 6-2, 6-0 to become the first Canadian woman since Patricia Hy-Boulais at the 1992 U.S. Open to get this ffar at a major. Thurman Munson Jersey. "She beat Serena so shes playing really well," Bouchard said of Ivanovic. "Im going to look forward to a really tough battle. Were in the quarters now, so she deserves to be there. No ones going to give it to me, so its going to be a good match." Bouchard had a tune-up day on Monday as the second week began, teaming with pick-up doubles partner Vera Dushevina against womens sixth seeds Cara Black of Zimbabwe and Indias Sania Mirza in the third round. Bouchard and Dushevina lost 6-4, 6-3. She did, however, make a strategic move and withdrew from mixed doubles with Australian Sam Groth to conserve strength and focus for the singles. Torontos Daniel Nestor and Serb partner Nenad Zimonjic bid for the mens quarter-finals against the ninth-seeded team of Polands Marius Frystenberg and Marcin Matkowski. Bouchard said that she is taking confidence into her match with Ivanovic after beating her at Wimbledon last summer in a match suddenly moved onto Centre Court. "I always expect a lot from myself. Every match I go on the court believing I can win," said Bouchard. "Just take it one match at a time. I just have a match in two days and Im just looking forward to that. "Ana is playing really well right now and she has a lot of confidence; it will be a really tough match." Wholeslae Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Cheap College Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap Baseball Jerseys ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel