Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 16, 2018 9:08 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

little girl is just happy for anything.""

Diar DeRozan is only nine months old, but she is already helping her NBA all-star father DeMar grow as a person and a basketball player. Will Hernandez Jersey .The Toronto Raptors guard, who will represent the Eastern Conference at the All-Star Game in New Orleans on Sunday, says he doesnt complain in the face of adversity "because I know this little girl is just happy for anything.""The suns coming up, shes happy," the 24-year-old said in a sit-down with TSNs Rod Black on Tuesday.DeRozan has not always been the fastest, strongest or most talented athlete dating back to his childhood in Compton, the one year of college he spent at USC, or his four-and-a-half years with Toronto. But he has always worked the hardest to get where he wants to be, for his personal happiness and his familys."(Family) shows you what lifes all about at the end of the day and thats why I work so hard," he said. "I do this for the enjoyment and the passion I have for the game and for my family. Everything else just comes with it."I just want to take advantage of every little moment I can, so at the end of the day when I look back I can say I laid it all out on the line and tried to be the best player I could be."If his numbers have anything to say about it, DeRozan is at his best. He is playing at career-high levels in points per game (22.2), assists (3.9), rebounds (4.6), steals (1.2) and three-point percentage (31.1 per cent). Whether he can fathom it or not, hes earned a place in the showcase of basketballs biggest stars."Its still hard to believe," he said. "Its something you always dream about it, but once you really go through it, its hard to explain but its a blessing."Hes also dispelled any doubt surrounding the four-year, $40 million contract extension he signed in 2012. What hasnt changed is the humbling nature he credits to his mom and dad, Diane and Frank."Some people think (Im) kidding when I say it, but I really forget I signed a contract like that. I really dont pay attention to that," he said. "As long as my family is happy and Im doing what I love to do, everything else is just a plus," he said.And although Diar may not know it yet, her dad is telling the truth."My little girl … she gets whatever she wants when it comes to me."The Missing PieceOne thing that will be absent from the All-Star Game this weekend is DeRozans teammate Kyle Lowry. Lowry, who was left off the reserves list, is one of the main reasons for the Raptors resurgence to the top of the Atlantic Division.In 36 games dating back to the beginning of December, the Raptors starting point guard is averaging 17.8 points per game on 43.6 per cent shooting to go along with 7.7 assists."I really wish I couldve seen him make it too. I think it wouldve been good, not just for me, but for the whole city, just to have two guys to go out there and represent, he said. "You look at Kyle as being one of the best point guards in the Eastern Conference, by far, and I thought he shouldve made it."On the other hand, DeRozan doesnt think the exclusion will be a bad thing."One thing about him is hes going to prove his point in the second half of the season." Connor Barwin Jersey . INJURIES - Cardinals 1B Matt Adams has been put on the DL with calf tightness, resulting in some lineup shifting, with Allen Craig moving from right field to first base, so that the Cardinals could bring up top prospect Oscar Taveras, who was the No. Patrick Omameh Jersey .J. -- Pitcher Carl Pavano is retiring after 14 major league seasons.MILWAUKEE - The decision has apparently become a little easier for the Milwaukee Bucks in the NBA draft. New team co-owner Marc Lasry indicated Monday that it is down to either Dukes Jabari Parker or Kansas Andrew Wiggins when the Bucks make the second overall selection in the draft Thursday night. Foot surgery for centre prospect Joel Embiid last week seems to have knocked Wiggins teammate with the Jayhawks out of the Bucks plans. With new ownership taking over a franchise that had a league-worst 15-67 record, Milwaukee is looking for immediate help. "I think its hard to take Embiid," Lasry said Monday at a joint breakfast meeting of the regions Rotary Club and the Milwaukee Press Club. "I think hes a phenomenal individual, but with the injury and not knowing how severe or long it will take to recover, I think for us today were going to want somebody whos going to help us on Day One." New York investment firm executives Lasry and Wesley Edens bought the Bucks this spring for $550 million from former U.S. Sen. Herb Kohl. According to Lasry, Edens watched Wiggins work out recently. If they need a reference on Parker, the Bucks can just go across town to talk with new Marquette coach Steve Wojciechowski, who worked with Parker when he was a Blue Devils assistant. "A lot is going to be dependent on what Cleveland does," Lasry said. "But I would tell you right now its probbably either going to be . Damon Harrison Jersey. .. one of the other." This will be a pivotal pick for a franchise in transition. Lasry envisions building a championship-contending team within five years. At the same time, the new ownership group could also be seeking public financing to help build a new arena to replace the BMO Harris Bradley Center, though its unclear yet how much funding they might seek. The new owners have estimated that it could take $350-$400 million for a new arena. Lasry and Edens have committed $100 million, and Kohl has committed another $100 million. Lasry said Monday he hoped to find other people to help come up with the difference and would welcome public support. New potential minority investors in the Bucks could also be announced by July 15. Lasry said he hoped to add local partners. Lasry spoke of building a foundation of young players over the next two or three seasons that would help attract free agents. Among the more promising current young Bucks are guards Brandon Knight (17.9 points) and Giannis Antetokounmpo (6.8 points), and power forward John Henson (11.1 points, 7.1 rebounds). "Nobodys coming to Milwaukee if the team does what it did last year," said Lasry, who added that the payroll would increase. Lasry also said that the team would soon announce the hiring of a chief financial officer, and would be hiring a team president. Jerseys NFL China Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Discount Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China China NCAA Jerseys CheapCheap Nike Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Nike Patriots Jerseys Cheap Nike Jets Jerseys Cheap Nike Bengals Jerseys Cheap Nike Browns Jerseys Cheap Nike Steelers Jerseys Cheap Nike Texans Jerseys Cheap Nike Colts Jerseys Cheap Nike Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Nike Titans Jerseys Cheap Nike Broncos Jerseys ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel