Xchange (Forums) Xchange (Forums) Art/Creativity
  • Topic: the Group F opener for both teams.

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 22, 2019 12:10 PM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

the Group F opener for both teams.

RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil -- Lionel Messi scored a stunning second-half goal to push Argentina to a 2-1 victory over World Cup debutant Bosnia at the Maracana stadium on Sunday in the Group F opener for both teams. Air Max 270 Offerta . Messi lifted Argentina in the 65th minute, moving in from the right and striking a low left-footed shot off the inside of the post behind Bosnian keeper Asmir Begovic. It was just the second World Cup goal for Messi, adding to one he scored eight years ago in Germany. Vedad Ibisevic scored a close-in goal in the 85th to give Bosnia hope. Bosnia got the worst possible start to its first World Cup when Sead Kolasinovic scored an own goal after just three minutes. Messi sent a free kick from the left flank into the penalty area that Marcos Rojo barely touched before the ball bounced off Kolasinovics foot into Bosnias goal. Bosnia bounced back after the early setback, making Argentinas lead look shaky. Izet Hajrovic slipped through Argentinas five-man defence in the 13th but couldnt beat goalkeeper Sergio Romero. Five minutes before the break, Senad Lulic tested Romeros reflexes with a well-timed header on a corner kick five. Meanwhile, Argentina struggled to find ways to create danger as Bosnia gave Messi no space to work his magic. Coach Alejandro Sabella put in striker Gonzalo Higuain at halftime allowing Messi to take a step back. That shift proved crucial, getting the Barcelona star more involved in the action. After a string of dangerous runs, Messi combined with Higuain, pulled left along the penalty area, scored with a precision strike off the post. Messi leaped over defender Ermin Bicakic without losing speed and balance before he took the shot. Second-half substitute Ibisevic put some nerve back in the match when he picked up a pass from Senad Lulic and slotted the ball between Romeros legs. Air Max 270 Prezzo Basso . -- Craig Anderson has quite a record against his former team, the Florida Panthers. Air Max 270 Outlet . Bryce Harper? He also came into Wednesday without a long ball and hadnt driven in a run. He was hitting .160, had nearly three times as many strikeouts as hits and was dropped to seventh in the batting order.ASHBURN, Va. - Of course Matthew McConaughey would want to hang with Robert Griffin III after a Washington Redskins practice. The Oscar-winning actor, a huge Washington fan who was in town to appear at a team charity event, wore an old-style Redskins yellow T-shirt and walked buddy-buddy with the franchise player as they strolled away from the field following Wednesdays off-season workout. Griffin was asked if he noticed McConaughey on the sidelines during practice. "I think if I was a woman, I would notice it a lot more," Griffin quipped. Still, RG3 was the player who drew the biggest scrum of reporters, and he remains the linchpin of the teams championship hopes. But this off-season is bit more tranquil for the 24-year-old quarterback with the disarming smile. Its not two years ago, when he was the shiny new centre of attention, the No. 2 overall pick with unlimited potential. And its certainly not last year, when he heaped attention on himself with his "All in for Week 1" campaign while recovering from a serious knee injury amid growing discord with coach Mike Shanahan. The RG3 of 2014 still loves his slogans — "The Movement" and "Win everything, win every day" are his current chart-toppers — but the knee brace is gone, and so is Shanahan. All is calm under new coach Jay Gruden, and, at least for the moment, Redskins stock doesnt soar nor crash every time Griffin opens his mouth. "Weve got a new coach, and weve got new additions, whether its DeSean Jackson, Ryan Clark, (Jason) Hatcher, all those guys that are here doing great things," Griffin said. "And the story lines dont all lead back to me. And thats fine." Its a firm reset for Griffin after a 3-13 year that included a late-season shutdown, but hes still the same image-conscious perfectionist. Hes learning a new offence, and his fundamentals are getting some tweaks under the new coach. Overall, however, Grudens take on Griffin sounds somewhat similar to Shanahans. "Hes mature beyond his years already," Gruden said. "Hes obviously got a lot more maturing to do, but as far as his work ethic is concerned, about how he handles himself on and off the field, I dont think thatts going to be that big of an issue. Air Max 270 Saldi. Its just a matter of how you handle the media scrutiny sometimes. "Like I said, hes a perfectionist. He doesnt like negative publicity. He doesnt like negative plays to happen. He wants everything to be right. He wants everybody to love Robert, and thats not going to be the case at the back position." True to form, Griffin tried to set the record straight about his views on off-season work. A year ago, he was confident he could make a strong return from the knee injury despite missing off-season practices. He now wants all to know that he didnt mean to devalue the importance the April-June workouts. "When you have a hand dealt to you where you dont have an off-season, you dont use it as an excuse," Griffin said. "And that was the message that was trying to be sent last year. I didnt have the opportunity to have that off-season. I was getting healthy, getting ready for the season. You dont whine about it; you dont cry about it, and I think maybe it was taken the wrong way and people thought I didnt need it. You always need it." For the most part, though, Griffin has avoided talking about last year — because it would be tricky to do so without dissing Shanahan. No sense rocking the boat while everything is good. "Everybody wants me to compare this year to last year," Griffin said. "We havent played any games yet, and even when we do play the games, Im still not going to compare them. That question will not be answered." NOTES: WR Jackson remains sidelined with a hamstring injury. Gruden called it a "minor tweak" and said he hopes Jackson is back next week. ... Gruden for the first time experienced the sauna-like conditions of the Redskins garage-style news conference room. "You guys cant afford an air conditioner in here?" the coach said. "You guys quit writing bad stuff about us and maybe well get an AC in here and move you out of the garage." The remark earned a rare ovation from reporters, and Gruden was brought a green towel to help wipe away his sweat. ___ AP NFL websites: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL ___ Follow Joseph White on Twitter: http://twitter.com/JGWhiteAP ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel