Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 22, 2019 12:09 PM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

irst career victory on the P

Winnipeg, MB (SportsNetwork. Discount NFL Shirts .com) - Timothy Madigan made his short par putt on No. 18 and he outlasted Matt Hill and Ricky McDonald to win The Players Cup by one shot.Madigan, who shot an even-par 71 on Sunday at Pine Ridge Golf Club, was on the par-4 18th green in two and he needed a two-putt to win. He did just that and earned his first career victory on the PGA Tour Canada, ending at 9- under 275.Matt Hill and Ricky McDonald finished one shot back at 8-under 276. Hill fired a final-round 67, while McDonald shot a 69. Clark Klaasen ended alone in fourth place at 7-under after his 67 on Sunday.Ryan Yip (69), Jay Myers (70) and Josh Persons (72) all finished tied for fifth at 6-under 278. Beon Yeong Lee ended alone in eighth, four shots back at 5-under after his final-round 70.Madigan began the day three shots ahead of the field and was able to hold off a number of players down the stretch to earn the win.On the front nine, Madigan made bogey on the par-4 sixth and parred the rest, making the turn at 1-over for the day. He sank his first birdie of the day at No. 12, but Madigan gave that shot right back at No. 14, falling into a 4-way tie for first with Hill, McDonald and Myers.Madigan responded right away with his biggest birdie of the week at the par-5 15th, and he was right back in the lead at 9-under.With Hill already in the clubhouse at 8-under, McDonald finished his round with all pars, while Myers bogeyed his final two holes to drop off the pace.Madigan needed just three pars to capture his first career victory and that is what he did.McDonald had an opportunity to tie Madigan on the 18th hole when he knocked his second shot about 30 feet away from the hole. With Madigan in the fairway at 18, McDonalds birdie effort would not go.NOTES: Madigan has not missed the cut in five events this year and he now has three top-3 finishes on PGA Tour Canada. He also finished tied for second at the Bayview Place Island Savings Open to go along with a third-place finish at Syncrude Boreal Open ... The PGA Tour Canada is back in action next week at the inaugural Staal Foundation Open. Cheap Nike Shirts . Jamies number grades given are out of five, with five being the best mark. Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers (4) – He had a strong game Sunday; was very good in tight with big saves on Crosby, Malkin and Neal in-crease. Wholesale Shirts . - Robert Griffin III has a sprained throwing shoulder that limited him in practice Wednesday as the Washington Redskins prepared for their season finale against the Dallas Cowboys.MONTREAL - Its been a rough season for Brandt Snedeker but the 2012 Fed Ex Cup champion hopes to have his game ready to defend his RBC Canadian Open title in July. Snedekers best result so far this year is a tie for eighth place at the Arnold Palmer Invitational in March. He sits 113th in FedEx Cup standings and has dropped to 31st in world rankings — not the results expected from a player ranked fourth in the world only two years ago. "My golf game is not quite where I want it but Im getting closer," Snedeker said Monday on a conference call. "I have another month to get ready." The Canadian Open returns to Royal Montreal for the 10th time July 24-27. It will be the 60th anniversary of the last victory by a Canadian at the national open. The courses club pro Pat Fletcher won in 1954. Tournament director Bill Paul announced that Snedeker, Ernie Els, Graeme McDowell, Luke Donald, Matt Kuchar, Jim Furyk and Hunter Mahan as well as Canadians Graham DeLaet, Mike Weir, David Hearn and Stephen Ames will be there. Snedeker is confident he will find his best game soon. "I go through peaks and valleys," the Nashville, Tenn., native said. "Im not a very consistent player, but you have to ride through the rough patches. "I feel Ive ridden the rough patches out and I feel a hot patch should start soon. Id love to play my best all year, but you have to have the mental fortitude tto fight through it. Cheap Authentic Shirts. " He is entering perhaps the most important part of the schedule, with the U.S. Open at Pinehurst in North Carolina June 12-15 and the British Open at Royal Liverpool in July, followed immediately by the Canadian Open. Snedeker plans to play 10 of the next 12 weeks. Last years Canadian Open victory at Glen Abbey near Toronto was his sixth PGA Tour win and was particularly special because his caddy Scott Vail, is from Oshawa, Ont. "I felt a lot of pressure last year on Sunday trying to pull it out for him," Snekeder said of his caddy of the last eight years, who got to take the Canadian flag from the 18th pin home as a souvenir. "Hes been a good friend for a lot of years." He caught a break when tournament leader Mahan pulled out after two rounds to be with is wife as she delivered a baby. "Golf is a funny thing, you never know whats going to happen," he said. "Any time you win you have breaks go your way. "It gave me a chance and when it happened, I took advantage of it." Snedeker has a strong history at the Canadian Open. He tied for seventh at his first one in 2007, when he was PGA Tour rookie of the year, and tied for fifth in 2009. Hes never played at Royal Montreal, an old-style, tree-lined course in Ile-Bizard, Que., but said he saw it on TV as the Americans defeated the World team in the 2007 Presidents Cup and is looking forward to trying out its Blue course. ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel