Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 22, 2019 12:09 PM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

predatory strikes in either half,

MANCHESTER, England -- Manchester United unearthed a potential star of the future and perhaps had one last glimpse of a great of its recent past in a 3-1 win over Hull on Tuesday that kept alive the teams chances of European football next season. Soccer Jerseys Outlet . Highly rated striker James Wilson, 18, marked his senior debut for United with predatory strikes in either half, setting the deposed champions on their way to a victory in their final home game of a forgettable Premier League campaign. Ryan Giggs -- at the other end of the age spectrum at 40 -- came on for his 963rd, and possibly final, appearance for United in the second half and set up fellow substitute Robin van Persie for the clinching third goal in the 86th. Giggs, taking charge of his third game as Uniteds interim manager following the firing of David Moyes last month, has not decided whether to take his distinguished playing career into a 24th year next season. And his future as a coach at United is uncertain while the club searches for Moyes replacement, which is likely to be current Netherlands coach Louis van Gaal. An emotional Old Trafford also bade farewell to defender Nemanja Vidic, who is joining Inter Milan in the summer after more than eight years at United, on a night that had an end-of-era feel to it. Wilson, though, offered positive signs for the future as part of a youthful lineup that included another debutant in 20-year-old forward Tom Lawrence. Addressing supporters in a short speech on the pitch after the final whistle, Giggs said: "You have seen a little glimpse of the future, and this is what this club is about. We never stand still. We always give youth a chance, and we try and play attractive football." Vidic began on the bench after accepting a memento from United great Bobby Robson before kickoff but was a 22nd-minute substitute for Phil Jones, who came off with a shoulder injury sustained in an aerial collision. Giggs said Jones, who was expected to be in Englands World Cup squad, had been taken to hospital and that it "didnt look great." Big things are expected of Wilson, who has played for England Under-16s and Under-19s and has scored 19 goals for Uniteds Under-21 team this season. And he showed his strikers instincts just in the 31st, reacting quickly to Marouane Fellainis nod-down from a free kick to slam a left-foot shot low into the net from the edge of the six-yard box. When he slotted in a rebound from a similar distance after Fellainis shot was parried out by goalkeeper Eldin Jakupovic in the 61st, Wilson was on course to emulate Wayne Rooneys feat from 2004 of scoring a hat trick on his debut. He was substituted three minutes later, however, but the Old Trafford crowd will surely be seeing more of him. Giggs entered to rousing applause in the 70th and showed flashes of the brilliance that has illuminated Old Trafford since 1991. With the home fans chanting "Keeper, let it in," Giggs had a long-range free kick tipped over by Jakupovic in injury time -- perhaps bringing to an end his run of scoring in every Premier League season since its inception in 1992. Hull, which is safe from relegation, halved the deficit in the 63rd minute through Matty Fryatt but the match ended on a sour note with David Meyler appearing to stamp on United winger Adnan Januzaj. The incident was not seen by the referee and any retrospective punishment could lead to Meyler missing the FA Cup final against Arsenal on May 17. "I have not seen the stamp but I have seen his leg," Giggs said, "and it is bad. It is a joke." Discount Soccer Jerseys . Chile applied pressure in midfield right from the beginning, challenging aggressively and continually surging forward. Eduardo Vargas beat the offside trap and fired home a stinging shot for Chiles opening goal in the fifth minute. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Online . "Its way better than running gassers, thats for sure," the inside linebacker said Monday, when the Chargers started their third and final week of organized team activities, which are practices in shorts, jerseys and helmets.With the Premier League season edging towards its conclusion, it was another busy week for Sky Sports Geoff Shreeves. Our reporter was up and down the country covering all the action, with this weeks interviewees including Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, Newcastle centre-back Jamaal Lascelles and West Ham forward Andy Carroll.Ever wondered what else he gets up to in his working week? Geoff gives us an insight as he shares his daily diary... Sunday, April 17 - Leicester 2-2 West Ham Andy Carroll insisted Leicester should not have been awarded a last-minute penalty I had a chuckle with Carroll ahead of the Leciester game, and he admitted he laughed out loud when he heard the Manchester City fans sung, Youre just a **** Andy Carroll to Zlatan Ibrahimovic during their tie against PSG.But the Hammers striker was much more serious when I interviewed him later, lambasting referee Jon Moss for awarding that last-minute penalty against him.Monday, April 18 - First-time interviewing Jamaal Lascelles spoke to Geoff Shreeves for the first time Its always interesting interviewing someone for the first time and I have to say, Newcastles Jamaal Lascelles didnt disappoint when I spoke to him ahead of their 1-1 draw against Manchester City. Outspoken is not the right word, but he was not afraid to speak his mind regardless of age or lack of experience.I bumped into Rafa Benitez, too, who greeted me warmly with a hug and said hes relishing the challenge of keeping his side in the Premier League. Newcastle is a huge club, he says, and if they can stay up, they could really progress.Tuesday, April 19 - Title race Claudio Ranieri and Mauricio Pochettino are each looking to win the Premier League title for the first time After Tottenhams scintillating performance at Stoke, I realise one of the things Im enjoying about this title race is the complete lack of mind games - Claudio Ranieri and Mauricio Pochettino are two absolute gentleman.Just a little example of that - before the Manchester United game at White Hart Lane, Pochettino pulled me aside and said: I really enjoyed that feature you did with Ranieri.Wednesday, April 20 - Liverpool 4-0 Everton Liverpool got the better of Everton in the Merseyside derby It was off to Merseyside for the derby on Wednesday and I had the pleasure of bumping into the wonderfully old-school Terry McDermott, who was once sent offf for the Reds in this fixture. Wholesale Soccer Jerseys. And he said: Look, Ive still got the scar where I punched Gary Stanley, but it was all right because we went out together that night because hes me mate!Everton were really poor on the day, but an already under-fire Roberto Martinez fronted up and admitted it. Roberto is extremely likeable as a person, but his position is looking precarious.Friday, April 22 - Interviewing Arsene WengerI must have interviewed Wenger hundreds of times, but Friday felt like a throwback to 15 years ago. Gone was the gaunt, strained, tight-lipped persona we have all seen so much in recent times.He was well aware he has some serious critics, not least among his own fans, but he was open, upbeat and chatty. He was keen to engage on numerous topics, including Leicesters success using quick transition and conversely, if its fair to say Arsenal pass too much and too slowly.Saturday, April 23 - In or out?I found myself listening to a ferocious debate on in or out. There were lots of phrases like be careful what you wish for or time for change and the ubiquitous better the devil you know.But I got out of the car and was none the wiser as to whether they were discussing Brexit or Wenger.Sunday, April 24 - Sunderland 0-0 Arsenal Jack Wilsheres return against Sunderland was a positive for Arsenal It was a good day for Sunderland and Big Sam, who actually told me before the game a point would be a good result. As ever, just getting out of the bottom three is psychologically huge in the dogfight, and they managed to do just that. Jack Wilshere said it felt great to be back on the pitch during Arsenals 0-0 draw with Sunderland For Arsenal, the only positive was the return of Jack Wilshere, but even he was downcast about the result when I had a quick chat with him after. Also See: Mahrezs amazing story Suarez v Ronaldo City-Real combined XI Live on Sky ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel