Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 16, 2019 2:15 PM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

like the last one in the locker ro

GREEN BAY, Wis. Andrew Norwell Jersey . - Jordy Nelson had a secret on the way to the first practice of Packers training camp. It didnt take long for the rest of his teammates to find out. Green Bays leading receiver now has a deal commensurate with his production after signing a contract extension just before taking the field Saturday morning. "So I was like the last one in the locker room and waiting on the paperwork to come down to get it done. That way, I had some security when I went out to practice," Nelson said. "That was a little bit different, and knowing no one knew (but) me the whole time Im riding down there and on the field." Soon enough, Nelson told fellow receivers and the quarterbacks. Coach Mike McCarthy found out in the middle of practice. Right about the time that Nelson was making a pretty touchdown catch on a long corner pass from Aaron Rodgers, word filtered out on social media. The Packers didnt divulge terms when announcing the signing after the end of practice, and NFL.com reported it was a four-year, $39 million deal with an $11.5 million signing bonus. "He said he re-signed and he was really happy," Rodgers said. "Now he can buy all the land in Kansas. Im very happy." Nelson, a Kansas native who attended Kansas State, posted career-bests of 85 catches and 1,314 yards last season. The 2008 second-round pick has developed into one of the top receivers in the league with his ability to make sideline catches. Rodgers thinks Nelson has top-notch instincts and reactions. "So its fun to see Jordy re-sign for four more. I told him that thats five (years) for him and Ive got six left, so were going to have to do one more after that and stick around a little bit longer," Rodgers said. The signing secures the teams top player at a position that had several high-profile departures in recent years. Reliable veteran James Jones left for Oakland in free agency in the off-season. After the 2012 season, Donald Driver retired and Greg Jennings departed as a free agent for division rival Minnesota. Now the Packers must also decide how to proceed with receiver Randall Cobb, a 2011 second-round pick going into the final year of his rookie deal. "Well, every coach wants his core guys, no doubt about it," McCarthy said. "Like I said before, if I was in charge of the player checkbook, we would have been way over the budget a long time ago." Nelsons extension overshadowed what likely would have been the top story line of Day 1 with the return of pass-rushing linebacker Clay Matthews. He watched during off-season workouts while recovering from a second surgery in the off-season to repair a broken right thumb. Practice Saturday had the Packers lining up Matthews and defensive end-linebacker Julius Peppers — the teams big free-agent acquisition — on the field at the same time. Its the ideal pass-rushing scenario for the team going into 2014. Matthews had what looked like a flexible black wrap protecting his right hand. There were no limitations with the linebacker, other than "just being smart," McCarthy said. The recovery process appeared to be a little frustrating for the long-haired linebacker. The thumb "feels pretty strong and will continue to get stronger with the reps I take on the football field," Matthews said. "This off-season was definitely an uphill battle coming off an injury, but I think that just makes this year that much more special to me." It will likely be memorable one as well for Nelson because of the extension. Lauded for his leadership qualities, Nelson seems content to finish his career in Green Bay. Nelson realizes this is a business. He also said he never considered holding out. "I dont like the word worth," Nelson said, interrupting a reporter who used it in a question. "I dont like the word worth because to be honest with you, I dont think any of us are worth this money. But its your value and the business were a part of." Note: LBs Mike Neal (abdomen) and Nick Perry (foot/knee) were close to being ready for practice, McCarthy said. The linebackers, who should rotate with Matthews and Peppers as pass rushers, had similar injuries last year. A.J. Bouye Jersey . According to Tony Barrett of The Times, the Liverpool captain is set to announce that he will leave the club at the end of the 2014-15 season. Leonard Fournette Jersey .com) - Al Horford collected 19 points and 16 rebounds and the Atlanta Hawks held off a furious rally to beat the Detroit Pistons 106-103 on Friday night in a game between two of the NBAs hottest teams.NEW YORK -- Madison Bumgarner pitched a two-hitter and Hunter Pence homered twice to lead the San Francisco Giants to a 9-0 win over the New York Mets on Sunday. Bumgarner (13-8) beat the Mets again, running his record to 3-0 in five games against them and giving the Giants their third win in 10 games. Brandon Belt and Buster Posey also went deep for the Giants. The left-hander struck out 10 and walked one in his second career shutout (the other was a one-hitter in 2012 against the Reds), wrapping up Sundays gem with a punch out of pinch-hitter Travis dArnaud to wrap up the game in a tidy 94 pitches. Mets starter Bartolo Colon (10-9) was going for win No. 200, but the Giants got to him with a couple of home runs that barely cleared the wall before he started to look eminently hittable in the three-run fifth inning. Pences two-run shot in the third was a line drive that went off the railing above the moved-in fence in left field. Brandon Belt hit a towering fly to right that tucked in just over the fence and inside the pole there for a 3-0 lead. Bumgarner singled and scored his first of two runs on Pences double in the fifth, and Posey drove him in before Pablo Sandovals single eended Colons afternoon. Taven Bryan Jersey. The easygoing 41-year-old right-hander tossed the ball gently in the air on the mound as he waited for Collins to remove him. Colon allowed six runs and eight hits in 4 2-3 innings as he tried for his 200th career win. TRAINERS ROOM Giants: OF Angel Pagan (back) was set to continue his rehab assignment with a move to Triple-A Fresno, where the organization hopes to get him in games Monday and Tuesday. UP NEXT Giants: Right-hander Tim Hudson (8-8) has a 1.77 ERA in his three starts since the All-Star break. He had a no-decision against the Mets earlier this season in San Francisco in a game the Giants won 5-4 on June 7. Mets: Righty Dillon Gee (4-4) makes his fifth career start against the Giants, against whom he has a 6.75 ERA and 0-1 record. BARTOLO AT THE BAT Fans could be heard groaning in disappointment for all three of Colons swing-and-misses during his third-inning at bat, but applauded his effort as he returned to the dugout. BACK IN BASH The Giants entered Sundays game with two home runs in their past 10 games, but added four against New York pitching. Pence hit Nos. 14 and 15 this season, while Poseys was his 13th and Belt hit his 11th. Cheap Hoodies From China Discount NFL Shirts Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Fast Shipping China Jerseys Stitched Jerseys ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel