Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 16, 2019 2:14 PM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

The Washington Wizards ha

WASHINGTON -- The Charlotte Bobcats have leapfrogged another team, increasing the odds that their return to the playoffs wont be a token appearance. Scarpe Balenciaga Offerta . The Washington Wizards have dropped a spot and are having issues. Or, as centre Marcin Gortat put it: "The way we play right now, we aint going to beat anybody, including Milwaukee." The Bobcats blew a 20-point, first-half lead to the Wizards on Wednesday night before winning 94-88 in overtime, moving Charlotte into position for the No. 6 seed in the Eastern Conference. "To go from basically the worst team going to the six seed, I mean, it shows a lot," said guard Kemba Walker, who scored the only field goal in overtime for either team. The win left both teams at 40-38 with four games remaining, but Charlotte won the season series 3-1 and therefore holds the tiebreaker. Both teams want to stay out of seventh or eighth to avoid a first-round series against the two conference powerhouses, the Miami Heat and Indiana Pacers. The Bobcats have been in the playoffs only once before, when they were swept in the first round in 2010. "We getting better as a team, we two games above .500," said Al Jefferson, who had 20 points and 18 rebounds. "But does it really matter where were at for seeding-wise? No, we just happy to be in the mix." Walker made a 3-pointer and a pair of free throws in the extra session, and Jefferson added two free throws to account for all of the Bobcats scoring. Charlotte went 1 for 7 from the field in overtime, while Washington was 0 for 8 and got its only point from a free throw by John Wall with 34 seconds remaining. Walker finished with 17 points and 12 assists for the Bobcats, who have their longest winning streak since March 2010. "Hes got courage," Charlotte coach Steve Clifford said. "He wants the ball late and hes not afraid to take the big shot." Wall had a candidate for most underwhelming triple-double of the season -- 14 points, 12 rebounds and 11 assists -- and Gortat finished with 27 points and 14 rebounds for the Wizards, who were nearly run out of their own building in the first half for the second straight game and are limping toward the finish line of their first playoff season since 2008. Among Washington coach Randy Wittmans reviews: "To have no more energy or drive or enthusiasm than we showed in that first half, its disappointing. ... I was just not expecting to come out and go through the motions. ... When you dont put effort in, youre not going to have (a) good showing." Added veteran Gortat: "I guess were immature and just not experienced enough and I guess everything starts in the practice. The first few minutes were walking and just fooling around and this is how you start a game." Such comments put the focus on young All-Star Wall, who went 6 for 18 from the field and committed five turnovers. Wall disagreed with his coachs "go through the motions" assessment. "I dont feel that way," Wall said. "I feel like we competed. ... The last couple of games we havent been able to knock down shots." Wall had called this game the most important of the year, but he also made a whirlwind overnight trip to Texas on Monday to watch Kentucky lose the NCAA championship game. He said that had "nothing to do" with his performance. "I practiced yesterday and had a good day," Wall said. "Came here and had a game today. Its not like I went the night before." Trevor Ariza, who has been battling the flu, went 0 for 6 from the field for the Wizards. Washington was 1 for 15 from 3-point range. The Wizards again made defence optional in the early going, echoing their beatdown by the Chicago Bulls on Saturday. But Washington hit its stride in the third quarter and took its first lead of the game on Bradley Beals 15-foot jumper with 5:28 to play. Jefferson forced overtime with a layup that tied the game with 3.2 seconds remaining. Wall didnt get a shot off as time expired in regulation. Notes: Wizards F Nene, back after missing six-plus weeks with a sprained left knee, was understandably rusty. He missed all four of his free throws and finished with 10 points in 17 minutes. ... It was Walls third career triple-double and second this season. ... Bobcats F Josh McRoberts returned after missing three games with a sprained left ankle. Scarpe Balenciaga a Poco Prezzo . Alvarez hit his first career home run, pitched six innings and hurt his right hamstring while running the bases in the Miami Marlins 4-3 win over the Chicago Cubs. Outlet Balenciaga Online . Fourteen players were suspended last summer by Major League Baseball as part of the Biogenesis drug scandal, ranging from All-Stars to also-rans.VANCOUVER, BC – With 6:52 seconds remaining in Thursday’s game in which the Vancouver Canucks were clinging to a 3-2 lead, Jannik Hansen got whistled for a questionable interference call after he got tangled up with San Jose’s Adam Burish. Considering the ice already seemed titled in the Sharks favour given the way they had stormed the Canucks net from the opening face-off, it seemed like the Hansen penalty would likely be the break San Jose needed to tie the game. That, however, wasn’t the case. As it has been through the first 14 games of the season, the Canucks penalty kill once again went about its business. Rising to the challenge in a pivotal moment, the Canucks managed to successfully run off the two minutes of short-handed time and the frantic five minutes that followed, and somehow escaped the Shark Tank with a one-goal victory. Despite giving up a power play goal to Logan Couture in the second period, the Canucks finished the night three for four on the penalty kill, pushing their recent run of success to 20 of the last 22 times they’ve been shorthanded. Overall, they sit sixth in the National Hockey League killing penalties with an efficiency rate of 87.3%. That’s up four percent from their final position a year ago when they started strongly on the penalty kill then, as with so many other facets of their game, faded badly in the second half of the season. The Canucks have needed to be strong on the penalty kill in the early going this season as only three teams in the league have been short-handed more than the 55 times they’ve been sent to the penalty box. Goaltending plays a huge role in any successful penalty kill and Ryan Miller has been spectacular in that regard. Including Thursday night, he has been beaten only four times while shorthanded. Chris Tanev (3:12) and Alex Edler (3:07) lead the way as the only Canucks skaters to average over three minutes of short-handed time per game, with Dan Hamhuis (2:39), Brad Richardson (2:29), Chris Higgins (2:10), Kevin Bieksa (2:05) and Nick Bonino (2:02) all over the two-minute mark. Scarpe Balenciaga Outlet. “It’s kind of a mindset,” Richardson said of successfully killing penalties. “I do a lot of it and it’s something I do take a lot of pride in. The specialty teams are a huge part of the game and we’ve taken a look at the stats and the more times we win the special teams battles we win the games. Definitely it’s a huge part of our success and every time you get out there you’re trying to focus on keeping the puck out of your net.’ In crunch time on Thursday night, the Canucks were able to make that happen to preserve their 10th victory of the young season. The challenge – and it will be a big one -- will be to keep the penalty kill sharp the remainder of the season. But right now, given the learning curve the Canucks are dealing with trying to implement new head coach Willie Desjardins’s systems in all areas of the ice, it appears the penalty killers are catching on quickly. “To me, there’s maybe a tiny bit of structure change but most of penalty killing is attitude and wanting to outwork the power play,” Richardson said about the changes Desjardins has made while playing a man or two short. “There might be some subtleties on how you fore-check or how you line up when they come at you, but I think most of it comes down to hard work.” Without question, the Canucks penalty killers are putting in the effort and that hard work has been rewarded. One look at Vancouvers lofty perch in the overall standings a month into the new season is proof of that. Cheap Hoodies From China Discount NFL Shirts Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Fast Shipping China Jerseys Stitched Jerseys ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel