Xchange (Forums) Xchange (Forums) News and Politics
  • Topic: Torontos meeting with the Jazz on Monday.

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 14, 2019 9:03 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Torontos meeting with the Jazz on Monday.

SALT LAKE CITY - Just four days after becoming one of the most disputed all-star omissions, Kyle Lowry received his consolation prize from the NBA. David Beckham Jersey . The Raptors point guard has been named the Eastern Conference Player of the Week for games played Monday, Jan. 27, through Sunday, Feb. 2, the league announced ahead of Torontos meeting with the Jazz on Monday. Lowry led off the week topping 30 points in back-to-back games for the first time in his career - including a season-high 33 points in Wednesdays win over the Magic - carrying his team to a pair of victories without injured leading scorer DeMar DeRozan. Overall, the eighth-year guard averaged 25.0 points and 8.0 assists as Toronto finished the week with a 3-1 record. For Lowry, the recognition is long overdue. "He is one of the best point guards in the league right now," Dwane Casey said in Denver Thursday evening, hours after the all-star reserves were announced and Lowry, despite his body of work this season, was left off the list. DeRozan, a first-time all-star, was voted in by the coaches and will deservedly represent the Raptors in New Orleans later this month but Lowrys case should have been just as, if not more, compelling. Since the early-December trade of Rudy Gay, Lowry has come out of his shell, emerging as the teams leader. Hes been the Raptors most reliable contributor and a big part of the post-trade resurgence. Toronto has won 19 of 29 games since moving Gay, recording 20 or more assists in 23 of those contests. "Me personally, I thought he should have made [the All-Star team]," DeRozan said Thursday. "Especially [with] what he means to this team. There are not too many players that are doing the things he is doing." Lowry, sincerely happy for his teammate, shrugged off the coaches oversight, concerning himself with team success over individual accolades. Similarly, he downplayed a couple nominations for earlier Player of the Week awards and will likely do the same after winning one, but after putting the team on his shoulders this past week, the honour comes well deserved. With DeRozan sidelined for the first time this season, nursing an ankle injury, Lowry engineered a thrilling victory over the surging Nets in Brooklyn to begin the week. In that game, Lowry become the first player this season to record at least 30 points, five rebounds, five assists and five steals, something only LeBron James, Kevin Durant and Kobe Bryant accomplished last year. The 27-year-old is also having a career year from beyond the arch, connecting on 16 of his 36 attempts from three-point range last week. Lowry goes into Mondays game in Utah needing nine more threes to match his career-high for treys in a season (129). Hell also chase down Morris Petersons franchise record for most three-pointers made in a single campaign (177). Lowry became the fifth Raptor to win Player of the Week, joining Chris Bosh, Vince Carter, Mike James and Jalen Rose. Also left off the All-Star squad, Suns guard Goran Dragic - Lowrys former teammate in Houston - captured the award in the West. Ander Herrera Jersey . Its the games against the leagues struggling franchises that have proved to be an issue. Ashley Young Jersey . A last-minute leveler ensured the two-time defending champion remained nine points ahead of Roma, which drew 0-0 at bitter rival Lazio in the capital derby.CHICAGO -- Pitching only 8 miles from where he grew up, Mike Bolsinger had more nerves than usual when he stepped on the mound at Wrigley Field against the Chicago Cubs. In front of about 20 family and friends, some of whom he hadnt seen in a long time after his family moved away when he was 10 years old, Bolsinger delivered exactly what the struggling Arizona Diamondbacks needed. Bolsinger earned his first major league win, pitching into the seventh inning and hitting an RBI single as Arizona beat the Cubs 5-2 Thursday. "Every once in a while Id look over and see my friends and family cheering me on," Bolsinger said. "It was good to get the first win, but I think it was a lot better to get a big team win, especially two in a row now. Hopefully that gets something started with this club, and we can keep it rolling." Bolsinger (1-1) allowed one unearned run and four hits in 6 2-3 innings. He struck out seven and walked two. Bolsinger was given the traditional beer shower by his teammates to celebrate his first win. Addison Reed got his fifth save in six chances with a perfect ninth, and the Diamondbacks won consecutive games for only the second time this season. After the game, Diamondbacks catcher Miguel Montero defended manager Kirk Gibson and general manager Kevin Towers against critical comments about them and the teams 7-18 start. Montero, unprovoked, said the staff doesnt deserve any blame for Arizonas record. "Theyve been coming here with the best attitude and the best intentions and theyve been pushing us hard, very positive," Montero said. "I wanted to say that because the blame should be on us, should be on the players. We havent played the way were supposed to play. I wanted to take that off my chest." Montero hit a two-out double in the first inning off Edwin Jackson (1-2) for a 1-0 lead. Montero also had an RBI single in the eighth off reliever Jose Veras. The Cubs got that early run back right away in the bottom half of the first. Leadoff man Emilio Boniifacio stretched a hit up the middle into a hustle double, which was reviewed when it appeared he was tagged out when he overslid the base. Eric Bailly Jersey. After a lengthy replay review, the call stood. Following a walk, Bonifacio scored on left fielder Roger Kieschnicks error on a line drive by Anthony Rizzo. The Cubs went on to load the bases with one out on a walk, but Bolsinger struck out Mike Olt looking and got Welington Castillo to fly out. "It was a tough (road) trip, going 3-4 on it," Gibson said. "Wed like to do better than that. Were in a very tough time, and were pressing very hard. It seemed like we came out more relaxed today, and theyre feeling better about themselves." Cliff Pennington walked in the Arizona second and scored on Tony Campanas double. Bolsinger singled for a 3-1 lead. "Early in the game, it felt like I was rushing a little bit," Jackson said. "It was one of those days when you feel like you dont have your best stuff, so you try to make it happen. You just have to take a step back and slow the game down. I let it come to me, tried to go out and take it." Despite throwing 40 pitches through two innings, Jackson settled down and posted his longest outing since Sept. 10. He allowed five hits while walking two and striking out four in seven innings. Rizzo hit a solo home run in the eighth, his third of the season. NOTES: Diamondbacks OF Mark Trumbo (stress fracture in left foot) was placed on the 15-day disabled list and Kieschnick was recalled from Triple-A Reno. Kieschnick made his Diamondbacks debut Thursday, starting in left field and going 0 for 4 with three strikeouts. ... OF A.J. Pollock (neck stiffness) was not in the starting lineup for a fourth consecutive game. Arizona manager Kirk Gibson said he was much improved but not where theyd like him to be. ... Cubs top pitching prospect RHP C.J. Edwards was in Chicago on Thursday to get his shoulder examined after he experienced fatigue in a bullpen session. Cheap Hoodies From China Discount NFL Shirts Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Fast Shipping China JerseysStitched Jerseys ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel