Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 14, 2019 9:03 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

on 64 points and just two out

It was a night where all the teams in the playoff chase in the Western Conference picked up points with the Winnipeg Jets 3-2 shootout win over the Phoenix Coyotes being a three-pointer. Isco Jersey . With the win, the Jets improve to 10-3-1 under coach Paul Maurice and 5-1 at home since the coaching change. With 21 games remaining, the Jets are now on 64 points and just two out of the final playoff spot. The team plays another divisional game Saturday afternoon in Nashville (You can catch the action live on TSN Jets or listen on TSN 1290.) The Predators sit two points back of the Jets. Thursday marked the Jets 35th one-goal game this season, the second highest in the league. Oliver Ekman-Larsson opened the scoring as he did January 13 when these two teams met at MTS Centre. On that night his goal came at 12:16. In this game it was 12:17 in. In the first meeting, Olli Jokinen tied the game 36 seconds later. Thursday, Blake Wheeler tied it 2:38 later. It was Wheelers team-leading 23rd of the year. Shots in the first were 11-9 for Phoenix. The only goal of the second came on a Jets power play, as Bryan Little beat Mike Smith off of a turnover. It was his 19th of the year and sixth powerplay goal of the season. Little now has 48 points on the season, three shy of his tying his career single season high.  The shots in the second were 10-7 for the Jets. Phoenix tied the game on a third period power play following a very weak hooking call on Jim Slater. Both teams had reason to question some of the calls and non-calls in this game. Martin Hanzal buried a rebound for his 15th of the year to send the game to overtime. Shots in the third favoured Phoenix 13-9. The Coyotes were the better team in overtime and only a number of great saves by Ondrej Pavelec took the game to a shootout. The shots in overtime were 5-1 for Phoenix and 39-29 Coyotes in the game.Antoine Vermettes shootout marker for the Coyotes was cancelled out by Devin Setoguchi and Olli Jokinens for Winnipeg as the Jets prevailed. Vermette had his 10-game point streak snapped, while Andrew Ladd had his five-game point streak snapped. Wheeler has points in 13 of his last 17 games. In the two games against Phoenix, Pavelec has stopped 52 of 55 shots, is 2-0 and has a save percentage of .945. Jacob Trouba led the Jets in ice time at 26:39, while Little took a team high 24 face-offs, winning 13. Jim Slater and Evander Kane both returned to the line-up, Slater has been out since mid-October, while Kane missed the last six before the break."It was a slugfest for the puck, but the game was better than I thought it would be after the layoff," commented Maurice post-game. "Teams generated good looks, there were good saves. I liked our goaltending and in the end he delivered two points. We were a little uptight after the 2-2 goal. But I dont complain about getting two points. That team (Phoenix) played pretty well." The coach was also impressed by his goalie, Pavelec. "They had three prime chances in overtime," said Maurice. "He wins the game with the saves in overtime and the shootout. He really competed." Sergio Busquets Spain Jersey . Head coach Corey Chamblin announced on Monday that Avon Cobourne had been hired as the defending Grey Cup champions new running backs coach. Rodrigo Moreno Jersey . The 33-year-old Spaniard, who held the lead since the second round, turned in a solid final round that featured six birdies and two bogeys to finish on 22-under 266. The victory is Garcias first this year with his last win coming at the Johor Open, an Asian Tour event in Malaysia last December.LOS ANGELES - As practice wrapped up at the Lakers facility in L.A. on Thursday, Terrence Ross hung around to work on his aerial acrobatics with the assistance of teammate DeMar DeRozan. DeRozan threw the Raptors sophomore and reigning NBA Slam Dunk champion lobs off the side of the backboard, he tossed bounce passes and threw alley-oops. Ross experimented with a variation of finishes. As it turns out, they could both use the practice. The Raptors duo will take part in State Farm All-Star Saturday Night - taking place in New Orleans on Feb. 15 - as Ross returns to defend his title in the Sprite Slam Dunk competition and DeRozan will make an unexpected appearance in the Taco Bell Skills Challenge. After edging out Jeremy Evans to win last years contest in Houston, Ross will have his work cut out for him this time around. For the first time since 1988, three all-stars - Pacers forward Paul George, Wizards guard John Wall and Blazers guard Damian Lillard - will compete in the event. Rounding out the field is Warriors forward Harrison Barnes and Kings rookie guard Ben McLemore. "Everybodys kind of a threat," Ross said of this years competition. "Its going to be fun, everybody wants to win." What will Ross do for an encore? The 23-year-old says hes still searching for ideas, scouring YouTube, Twitter and even using video games to brainstorm. "Everybodys done everything," he continued. "I dont know, its like how many times can you do the same dunk before people get tired of it? So its hard to find new dunks but at the same time you always find something a little different." The one thing he could say with certainty is he will not be using props. While Ross has expected to defend his crown since last season, DeRozans debut in the Skills Challenge comes as a surprise, even to him. "I kind of got peer pressure into doing it," said the first-time all-star, who will also be assisting Ross in the dunk-off. DeRozan initially declined the invitation but his agent twisted his arm and eventually he came around. "I changed my mind. I said Ill try it, why not." "I thought it would be fun," he said of the event, which is usually exclusive for point guardss but DeRozan hopes to start a new era of shooting guards entering and conquering the ball handling/passing obstacle course. Thiago Alcantara Jersey. "Everybody doesnt get a chance to be a part of All-Star Weekend and the big thing for me is to go out there and have fun. I think it will be cool to go out there and represent my team as much as I can and you never know, I might mess around and win it." Along with DeRozan, the participants will consists of Lillard, Goran Dragic, Reggie Jackson and rookies Giannis Antetokounmpo, Michael Carter-Williams, Victor Oladipo and Trey Burke. DeRozan, who has previously competed in the Slam Dunk contest on two separate occasions, will be the first Raptor to appear in the Skills Challenge. Although he wouldnt tip his hand, his strategy centres on speed over precision. "I look at it like, a lot of players go out there and try to do it cool," said the fifth-year guard. "I always used to say, you can go a little faster. So Ive got my whole mindset to try and win it." The format in both events will be tweaked this season. The Skills Challenge will feature four teams of two players each competing in a two-round timed relay-style course. The fastest team from each conference will advance to the second and final round, where the winning pair will be crowned. The Dunk Contest participants will also compete in teams, divided by conference. The competition will tip off with a "freestyle round" where the dunkers for each the East and the West will have 90 seconds to showcase as many dunks as they choose. At the conclusion of the opening round, the panel of judges will vote for a winning conference. The winning conference will decide whether its competitors will dunk first or second in the following round, a head-to-head "battle round". In the battle round dunkers from opposing conferences will face off against each other, with the judges choosing a winner in each battle. The first team to win three battles will win the competition. Fans will then vote on the "Dunker of the Night" from the winning team. Ross is the fifth Raptor to participate in the event, joining DeRozan, Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady and Jamario Moon. Cheap Hoodies From China Discount NFL Shirts Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Fast Shipping China Jerseys Stitched Jerseys ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel