Xchange (Forums) Xchange (Forums) Medical/Para-Medical
  • Topic: months to reach the post-season.

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 11, 2019 8:55 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

months to reach the post-season.

MEMPHIS, Tenn. Cheap Nike Air Max 97 Online All Gold . -- The Memphis Grizzlies had every reason to ease up in the regular season finale after pushing hard the past three months to reach the post-season. Instead, they kept grinding and grabbed the No. 7 seed in the Western Conference. Mike Conley hit two free throws with 1.1 seconds left in overtime, and the Memphis Grizzlies moved up from the eighth seed by edging the Dallas Mavericks 106-105 on Wednesday night. "Weve been holding on very tight for a long time ...," Memphis coach Dave Joerger said. "Getting 50 wins is something you want on your resume as a player, and people remember those. Those are special seasons. Its a standard, a golden standard I think." Memphis became the seventh team in the West with 50 wins this season with the victory. The Grizzlies, who set a franchise record with a 14th straight home win in a single season, will open the post-season Saturday night at Oklahoma City. They beat the Thunder in the semifinals last year with Russell Westbrook out. "Playing Grizzlies basketball going into the post-season was key, and we wanted to try to keep that momentum going," Grizzlies guard Tony Allen said. Monta Ellis missed a 17-footer before Conley drew the foul driving to the basket. Dallas had one last shot, but Ellis missed from the top of the key. "It felt good, but it didnt go down," Ellis said. "I think we did a great job. We competed. It went down to the wire, and they won." Conley was face guarding his player when he noticed Ellis got his shot off before the buzzer. "I was like, Howd he get that open?" Conley said. "When I saw it hit the rim, I was like Thank you, God. That would have been a tough one to lose." Avoiding No. 1 seed San Antonio in the first round was the only thing on the line, and Memphis has lost 14 of its last 16 against the Spurs with the Mavericks losing nine straight. Dallas coach Rick Carlisle said the Mavericks will be fine with starting in San Antonio on Sunday giving Dirk Nowitzki and Ellis time to rest. Nowitzki banged his right knee late in the first half and played the second half with a sleeve protecting his leg. "Tonight is a good indication of the fight we have in us, and were going to take that fight to San Antonio," Carlisle said. Nowitzki called this game a tough loss, but he also is positive about facing the Spurs. "Eventually we will win one," Nowitzki said. "Why would it not be Game 1 or Game 2? We are going to go out there and let it rip in Game 1." Ellis scored 14 of his 18 points after halftime, including seven in overtime. But Conley had five in the extra period, including the clinching free throws. He was 5 of 7 at the line, though the Grizzlies were 15 of 25 for the game. Zach Randolph led Memphis with 27 points and 14 rebounds, and Marc Gasol had 19 points, shooting 9 of 13. He also had nine rebounds and nine assists. Conley finished with 22, and Allen had 13. Courtney Lee added 11 despite shooting 3 of 10 from the floor. Nowitzki led the Mavericks with 30 points. Devin Harris and Brandan Wright each had 10. Harris also had 10 assists. The Grizzlies missed their chance to put away the win in regulation. Memphis was up 93-90 and had just gotten the ball back when Conley crashed into Harris for a charge, giving the ball back to Dallas with 20.3 seconds left in regulation. Ellis then hit a 3-pointer from 26 feet out on the right wing with 13 seconds left over Lee tying it up at 93, and the Grizzlies couldnt score to avoid overtime. In overtime, the Mavericks last led 105-102 on a 3-pointer from Nowitzki with 46 seconds remaining. Dallas didnt score again. Allen had a putback with 38 seconds to go, then Conley sealed the win. The Mavericks already took the season series winning the first three games by double digits. They were the last team to beat the Grizzlies in Memphis on Feb. 5, and owner Mark Cuban was at the end of the bench cheering them on. Notes: Mike Miller played all 82 games for the Grizzlies for only the second time in his career his rookie season with Orlando in 2000-01. He became only the 23rd player in NBA history to play a full season in his 14th season or later. ... Memphis won its fifth straight. ... Dallas snapped a six-game road winning streak. Cheap Nike Air Max 97 Online Green . Manager Alex Ferguson says the injury was sustained while the player tried to hit a volley toward the end of training on Tuesday. Cheap Nike Air Max 97 Online Blue . Make the extra pass, take care of the ball, play defence and get more out of his bench.ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Brandon Morrow gave up four hits over three innings, Jose Bautista drove in a run and a Toronto Blue Jays split squad beat the Canadian junior national team 12-2 Tuesday. Making his second start and third appearance of spring training following a season-ending forearm injury last May, Morrow allowed two runs -- one earned -- walked three and struck out two during a 46-pitch outing. He gave up five runs and six hits in three innings against Pittsburgh on March 5. Bautista went 1 for 2 with a double and a first-inning sacrifice fly off 17-year-old Ben Onyshko. Colby Rasmus returned to the Blue Jays lineup after missing seven games with a stiff neck. He was 0 for 2 with a walk. Blue Jays 3, Tigers 2 (10) LAKELAND, Fla. -- Justin Verlander pitched one-hit ball into the fourth inning of his spring debut for the Detroit Tigers on Tuesday, a 3-2, 10-inning loss to the Toronto Blue Jays. Verlanders spring routine has been postponed by his recovery from core-muscle repair surgery on Jan. 9, and his first scheduled start was rained out last Thursday. "It was a really good sign to get out there on the mound and not worry about it, and worry about getting batters out and (the results) still be pretty good," he said. "I put in a lot of work after surgery to get to this point and be ready for the start of the season. The 2011 MVP and Cy Young Award winner threw 52 pitches, giving up a first-inning single to Melky Cabrera and walking two in 3 2-3 innings. He had two strikeouts, usinng only his fastball and curveball. Air Max 97 Silver Bullet Vapormax. "Im not throwing sliders yet. I threw three in the bullpen, the first three I threw all year and they were good," he said. "I just want to get down to my three main pitches first, and the slider has always been pretty easy for me to throw for strikes. Its pretty similar to throwing my fastball so it doesnt take a big adjustment for me to get that going." Don Kellys two-run home run off Toronto starter Todd Redmond put the Tigers up 2-0 in the second inning. Dan Johnson tied it for the Blue Jays with a two-run shot off Joba Chamberlain in the seventh, Johnsons third home run in 14 at-bats. Redmond gave up five hits and two runs in four innings while striking out three. Bradley Glenns led off the 10th inning with a home run off Melvin Mercedes to win it for the Blue Jays. STARTING TIME Blue Jays: Redmond, a late replacement for Marcus Stroman, has given up four home runs in nine innings. Stroman stayed in Dunedin to pitch against the Canada National Junior Team. Tigers: Verlander went four innings in his first start because of his efficiency. He threw only 52 pitches. "Just because the way he was pitching, we thought it could go to an extra inning," said manager Brad Ausmus. "We consulted him just to make sure he felt OK. He said he did, so we kind of rolled with it." Verlander expects to be ready for opening day, and Ausmus said he is only a few pitches behind the other starters at this point. Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Cheap Nike Basketball JerseysWholesale Hockey Jerseys China Nike Baseball Jerseys Cheap College Jerseys China Cheap Football Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys Canada Wholesale Nike MLB Jerseys Canada Cheap NBA Jerseys Authentic Canada Stitched Soccer Jerseys Canada Cheap Jerseys Canada NFL ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel