Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 11, 2019 8:54 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Jermain Defoe either,

TORONTO - Queens Park Rangers manager Harry Redknapp has played down reports he is looking to acquire MLS stars Jermain Defoe and Robbie Keane during the January transfer window. Cheap Nike Tanjun .Both Toronto FCs Defoe and Los Angeles Galaxy star Keane have played for Redknapp.Weve not made an inquiry for Robbie Keane. Ive not spoken to Jermain Defoe either, Redknapp told Sky Sports News in England.Robbies an amazing footballer, one of the best professionals Ive come across. Hes gone over there and been the best player in the league, he hasnt gone there for a holiday but he belongs to the L.A. Galaxy and is the star man of their team and league. Weve never made an inquiry about him. They wouldnt let him go.Ive never spoken to Jermain. I asked about him in the summer, but he was too expensive and the club wouldnt let him go anyway. Hes a top player.Redknapp did say his club needs to add players in January.QPR (4-9-2) currently stands 17th in the Premier League, just one spot ahead of the drop zone.Reports have suggested QPR is interested in bringing Keane in on loan during the MLS off-season. Defoes future in Toronto has been under a cloud since the MLS club turned down a franchise-record transfer offer in the summer.Defoe is currently recovering from surgery to repair a groin injury. Nike Tanjun For Sale .com) - Intrastate rivals collide Saturday as the Texas State Bobcats hit the road to take on the eighth-ranked Texas Longhorns in a non-conference battle at Frank Erwin Center. Grey Nike Tanjun . Nine years later, he might have finally figured it out. He had only five rounds in the 60s in his previous eight trips.FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- Tony Gonzalez is having a harder time saying goodbye to the NFL than he imagined. As he prepares to host 40 family members and friends in Atlantas season finale, Gonzalez sounds as if he isnt entirely ready to walk away. When the Falcons announced in March that he would return this year, the 13-time Pro Bowl tight end was "100 per cent certain" he would retire after the season. Now Gonzalez wonders if he could change his mind again if Atlanta returns to playoff contention next fall and general manager Thomas Dimitroff gives him a call. "Id have to cross that bridge when I get to it, but right now I dont have any plans," he said. "I know for sure I wont be on an opening day for roster anybody. Im going to-- this is it. This is it." Meeting with reporters Friday, Gonzalez focused most of his answers on the end of his career. The 37-year-old insisted that hes pleased to "go out on his own terms" and added that hes "thankful for the opportunity" to have stayed healthy and productive for 17 seasons. Gonzalez ranks second in career catches, fifth in yards receiving and sixth in touchdown catches. No NFL tight end ever put up such numbers, but Gonzalez hardly returned this year to pad his stats. He craved playing in his first Super Bowl, winning a championship and making a legendary exit. The Falcons, though, never had a chance. Julio Jones, Sam Baker and Kroy Biermann suffered season-ending injuries. Sean Weatherspoon played in only seven games. Roddy White made 12 starts and Steven Jackson made 11, but both players were hurt most of the year. Quarterback Matt Ryan was harassed all season behind a weak offensive, and Atlantas defence was gouged repeatedly for big plays. Not surprisingly, Gonzalezs production dropped off as opponents double-teamed his routes. In October and early November, Gonzalez openly discussed his frustration and held out hope that the Falcons could still turn the season around. By the first of December, though, Gonzalez took a different approach with reporters, reminiscing about his early morning drives from hectic Buckhhead to the picturesque mountain view at team headquarters. Discount Nike Tanjun. He talked about missing quality time with his kids but also feeling grateful to former teammates and coaches in Kansas City and those hes worked with in Atlanta the last five years. "I know I could come back and play a couple of more years if I wanted to, but its time for me to go," Gonzalez said. "Its time for me to get back to my family, get back to California, where Im from and explore that next chapter of my life. Im going to have fun with it." Television work is a possibility for Gonzalez, but playing football might not be out of the question. The Falcons, after all, signed him to a two-year, $14 million contract last March, and if they get off to a strong start next season, Gonzalez might reconsider, but he stopped short of saying that he plans to file retirement papers with the NFL. Then again, the aches and pains of a 16-game season arent getting easier, this despite the Falcons allowing him to miss over three weeks of training camp and preseason games last summer. "Like I said, dont anybody ever feel bad for me," Gonzalez said, smiling. "The things Ive accomplished in my career are more than anybody ever deserves." With one full day remaining before Atlanta (4-11) hosts the playoff-bound Carolina Panthers (11-4), Gonzalez is eager to go out with a victory. He had a good ride with the Falcons in his first four years, helping the team go 45-19 and win his first playoff game last January. But after narrowly beating Seattle in the divisional round, Atlanta fell 10 yards short against San Francisco in the NFC title game. "You never know when it can come to an end, and thats always been my approach," Gonzalez said. "Ive never said that Ive arrived with my accomplishments. Ive never, ever said that thats good enough for me or Ive caught enough balls to last a lifetime. I always wanted to keep working and keep working in case this is it, and now that Im coming into my last one, Im glad Ive done it that way. "It worked out, and hopefully Ill carry those habits into my next career, whatever that is." Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Hockey JerseysChina Nike Baseball Jerseys Cheap College Jerseys China Cheap Football Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys Canada Wholesale Nike MLB Jerseys Canada Cheap NBA Jerseys Authentic Canada Stitched Soccer Jerseys Canada Cheap Jerseys Canada NFL ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel