Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 29, 2019 10:37 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

year) signed new deals with the club, w

The Montreal Alouettes have signed four of its defensive players to contract extensions. Brice Butler Jersey . Linebackers Bear Woods (three years) and Winston Venable (one year) signed new deals with the club, while defensive linemen Aaron Lavarias and Scott Paxson each agreed to two-year contracts. These guys all have a passion and love for the game of football, said Alouettes General Manager Jim Popp in a team release. Woods was a finalist for the CFLs Most Outstanding Defensive Player. He finished second in the league with seven sacks and 89 tackles despite missing the team’s first six games. I always felt that if Bear could stay on the field for any amount of games, he could solidify the middle, declared Popp. Last year he proved that he is a tremendous leader and a real force when healthy. The last twelve games last season where as good as anyone has manned the middle in the CFL over the last few years. The 27-year-old also recorded an interception and forced two fumbles. Venable made 52 tackles, including a career-high of nine in a game against Ottawa in September. He led the CFL with four fumble recoveries, one of which he returned for a touchdown. Venable also forced two fumbles in two playoff games for the Alouettes. Winston was cut out for the CFL. He is very versatile and can play Will, Sam, Safety, and even DB in a pinch. His physical nature cant be taught, affirmed Popp. Lavarias has spent two seasons with Montreal and recorded five sacks last year. He is a solid player with a real understanding of the game. His consistency and effort makes you want him on the field at all times, continued Popp. Paxson started 14 games at defensive tackle for the Alouettes last season, recording 11 defensive tackles and two sacks. He is a true professional and a team guy. He is always willing to do what is needed to have success. He is rock solid and accountable, concluded the Alouettes General Manager. Josh Bynes Cardinals Jersey .C. -- Ryan Sproul scored the winner late in double overtime to lift the Grand Rapids Griffins to a 2-1 win over the Abbotsford Heat on Friday in Game 1 of their American Hockey League playoff series. Justin Pugh Cardinals Jersey . His brother — Red Lake chiropractor Richard Radford — is en route to Sochi to cheer on his younger brother. "Ive been getting texts from Eric and he just says the atmosphere is amazing, its special,” he said.ARE, Sweden - Olympic champion Marielle Thompsons pursuit of a second skicross World Cup title will go down to the wire. Thompson, of Whistler, B.C., was fourth in Sundays race while rival Fanny Smith of Switzerland finished first, cutting Thompsons lead in the overall standings to just five points with only next weekends World Cup finals in France left to go. Ophelie David of France was second while Vancouvers Georgia Simmerling was third. "The overall is pretty exciting — for both the women and the men," said Thompson, who has 655 points compared to Smiths 650. "In the final, I was leading into the first turn and then Ophelie passed me and I got pushed into the powder and lost all my speed. Thats how she goes sometimes." Simmerling won her first heat Sunday and was second in her quarter- and semifinals to advance to the big final. "It was good today. I had to fight hard and it all came together," Simmerling said. "I messed up my timing on one of the features at the end of the start and I was fourth. Then Marielle (fell back) and the three of us just ended up 1-2-3. "Ive had a pretty consistent year, I would ssay. Sam Bradford Jersey. Theres one more race to go and Im hoping for a strong result again." Danie Sundquist, of Calgary was third in her first heat and finished 20th overall. Olympic silver medallist Kelsey Serwa, of Kelowna, B.C., did not participate as she took the post-Olympic season off. On the mens side, Austrias Thomas Zangerl finished first while teammate Andreas Matt was second. Armin Niederer of Switzerland picked up the bronze. Mathieu Leduc of Comox, B.C., was the top Canadian, finishing eighth. "It was definitely nice to see I can compete with the top guys," Leduc said. "Im just hoping to establish myself on the World Cup and put my name in there. "Im learning from my mistakes and trying to bank all my experiences and put them to good use." Calgarys Brady Leman and Montreals Chris Del Bosco did not advance past their first heats. Louis-Pierre Helie, of Berthierville, Que., did not finish his qualification run, while Tristan Tafel, of Canmore, Alta., did not qualify for the round of 32 heats. Canada sits second (1,898) behind Switzerland (2,124) in the ski cross Nations Cup standings with one race to go. Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Hockey Jerseys China Nike Baseball Jerseys Cheap College Jerseys China Cheap Football Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys CanadaWholesale Nike MLB Jerseys Canada Cheap NBA Jerseys Authentic Canada Stitched Soccer Jerseys Canada Cheap Jerseys Canada NFL ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel