Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 18, 2019 12:01 PM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

series as he struggled to battle with

Fernando Alonso says Honda have made big progress in the last 12 months, as he returns to Suzuka a year on from his infamous GP2 engine radio outburst at McLaren partners home race. Nike Air Force 1 Clearance NZ . At last years Japanese GP Alonso labelled the teams performance embarrassing and likened Hondas engine to one from F1s feeder series as he struggled to battle with cars down Suzukas main straight.A year on, and with the McLaren-Honda project now delivering more consistent points finishes, Alonso was asked to reflect on his Suzuka rant, although stopped short of expressing any regret. We changed a lot from last year, said Alonso. The engine last year was not ready to compete so I said [that] from the beginning of the year in all the interviews. Ted Kravitz gives his thoughts on the Malaysia Grand Prix after Daniel Ricciardo wins with an engine failure denying Lewis Hamilton victory Our boss from Honda was saying in all the interviews at the beginning of the year that the project was immature, we were learning a lot of things and we were in a process to improve the engine. So I was not saying anything differently.Driver ratings: Alonso shines in MalaysiaThis year we are all saying again the same thing: we have made a lot of progress and are happy with the direction that we are going and we are able to compete with the other teams finally. The F1 Report looks back at the 2016 Malaysia Grand Prix Alonso has previously claimed his radio messages are played out on the world feed more often than other drivers, and added: My radio messages are quite interesting all the time. I heard many, many radio messages from other drivers - world champion drivers - that dont have that impact.It means probably Im funnier, or something like that, which is good! Up to sixth in this years constructors championship, McLaren have scored points in six of the last eight races and Alonso believes they can target being the fourth-quickest team at the remaining five rounds.It will be the target to be in the points both cars every single race and being in Q3 every single race, he said. We know that in some circuits its going to be tougher than others, so that will depend circuit to circuit, but we have that possibility in our hands.Even if we are not the fourth fastest, in Singapore that was Toro Rosso, with the starts, with strategy and experience we can still fight for seventh place in the races. Its possible and its our aim to always be the fourth or fifth quickest team in every single race.You can watch Englands tour of Bangladesh, plus Premier League football and the Japanese Grand Prix on Sky Sports. Upgrade now and enjoy three months at half price! Also See: The F1 Gossip Column QUIZ: Which Grand Prix is it? Whens the Japanese GP on Sky? WATCH: F1 Report Malaysia Cheap Air Force 1 Shoes Wholesale . Kamloops, B.C., the host city of this years Tim Hortons Brier, is where he won his first Canadian mens curling crown in 1996. Nike Air Force 1 NZ . -- The Guelph Storm are moving on to the Western Conference final after defeating the London Knights 5-4 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League playoff action.CLEVELAND -- Lucky in the NBA lottery, the Cavaliers are hoping their good fortune continues as they look for a new coach. The team asked the Los Angeles Clippers on Thursday for permission to speak with assistant coach Alvin Gentry about Clevelands coaching vacancy, a person familiar with the situation told the Associated Press. Gentry, who has coached four other franchises, has not yet set up a meeting with the Cavs, said the person who spoke on condition of anonymity because the team is not commenting on its search. The sides are working through some details, and are expected to meet in the next few days. Earlier this week, the Cavs defied long odds to win the draft lottery for the second year in a row and third time in four years. Cleveland is seeking its third coach in three years after Mike Brown was fired -- for the second time by owner Dan Gilbert -- last week following a 33-49 season. Gentry worked previously in Phoenix with Cavaliers general manager David Griffin, who said there is no timetable to hire a new coach. "We do not feel this is a race," he said. "This is not about being first. This is about getting it right. At the same time, if the right candidate did meet the criteria that we set out and is available and is as interested in us as we are in them, we would act on it at the time it presented itself." The Cleveland Plain Dealer was first to report the Cavs intentions to interview Gentry. The Cavs are not limiting themselves to coaches with pro experience and are expected to reach out to college coaches. Having the No. 1 overall pick has certainly made them a more attractive destination. Nike Air Force 1 Sale Cheap. However, Gilberts penchant for firing GMs and coaches would have to make any candidate at least hesitant about coming to Cleveland. Brown was told to make the Cavs better defensively, and did so as the team went from last in the league in defensive field-goal percentage to 12th. Still, that wasnt enough as Cleveland missed the playoffs for the fourth year in a row. Gentry has solid qualifications and is believed to be a candidate for other openings. He has a 335-370 record in 12 seasons with Miami, Detroit, the Clippers and Phoenix. He led the Pistons and Suns to the post-season. Griffin said he hopes to find a coach more attuned to his offensive roots. With the team expected to land one of the best players in what is considered a deep draft along with All-Star point guard Kyrie Irving and guard Dion Waiters, the Cavs could have the core for a high-scoring team. "Ive had a primarily offensive based focus with the people I was raised by," Griffin said. "And I think its fair to say the Cavaliers have had a defensive focus. What excited me most about coming here is that I believe you find the truth in the middle. No franchise thats incredibly well run is all one thing. We need to find a way to speak to the best of all parts of the offensive background I know, the defensive background thats dyed in the wool of this franchise. "Ownership believes in defence, I believe in offence, and theres a truth in the middle. Were going to find that." ------ AP Sports Writer Jon Krawczynski in Minneapolis contributed to this report. Wholesale China JerseysWholesale Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike Basketball Jerseys Hockey Jerseys China Supply Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Sale Authentic College Jerseys MLB Jerseys China Stitched Soccer Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Nike Jerseys ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel