Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 18, 2019 12:01 PM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

who also won the Olympic super-G in Soc

ARE, Sweden -- Olympic silver medallist Anna Fenninger won a World Cup giant slalom race Thursday, and closed the gap on overall leader Maria Hoefl-Riesch. Cheap Hydro Flask . The Austrian, who also won the Olympic super-G in Sochi, won the race despite finishing seventh in the first run. Her combined time of 2 minutes, 26.39 seconds was 0.21 faster than surprise runner-up Anemone Marmottan of France. Lara Gut of Switzerland and Eva-Maria Brem of Austria tied for third, trailing Fenninger by 0.39. Hoefl-Riesch placed 21st in what is typically her weakest discipline and earned only 10 World Cup race points. Fenningers 100 points brought her within 67 of the 2011 overall champion from Germany with six races remaining this season. Congratulating Fenninger in a post on her Twitter account, Hoefl-Riesch wrote: "Now you are the favourite for the big crystal globe." In her past four races, Fenninger has collected two Olympics medals, finished second in a World Cup downhill and now taken her sixth career World Cup win. The 24-year-old Austrians second GS victory this season lifted her to second behind Jessica Lindell-Vikarby of Sweden in the season-long discipline standings. Lindell-Vikarby placed sixth in front of her home crowd, 0.82 behind, and has a 54-point lead over Fenninger. Are hosts another giant slalom on Friday, after Thursdays race was a replacement for one cancelled last month in Kranjska Gora, Slovenia. Tina Maze of Slovenia, the Olympic champion in GS, held a clear first-leg lead Thursday but had a strangely cautious second run to fall to fifth place. Marmottan and Brem both recorded their first career podium finishes in the World Cup. Mikaela Shiffrin of the United States placed 15th, 2.16 behind Fenninger. The Olympic champion in slalom will get a chance to race her favourite event on Saturday. The season concludes next week with the World Cup finals races in Lenzerheide, Switzerland, where weather has been a major factor. Hoefl-Riesch clinched her 2011 title by only three points from Lindsey Vonn when the final GS race was cancelled, and last year none of the mens and womens downhill and super-G races were completed. Hydro Flask Outlet Online . - The Oakland Athletics have finalized an agreement on a 10-year extension to play at the Coliseum through the 2024 season. Hydro Flask Clearane . Samir Nasris 88th-minute equalizer at Etihad Stadium will be of little consolation to City, which is now six points behind league leader Liverpool and four points behind second-place Chelsea. Third-place City has a game in hand but the surprise result against Sunderland, coupled with Sundays 3-2 loss at Liverpool, may be a setback too far in its bid for a second championship in three seasons.BUDAPEST, Hungary -- Canada will play for gold at the under-18 womens world hockey championship. Team captain Lauren Wildfang scored in overtime Saturday to lift the Canadians to a 1-0 victory over Russia in the semifinals. Canadian coach Laura Schuler was pleased with her players poise throughout a tense game that she said was the perfect preparation for Sundays gold-medal match. "The Russians played absolutely outstanding, and I think that their level of play really forced us to bring our game to a new level, and I was really happy with that," Schuler said. "Obviously, being in such a tight game, for us we faced some adversity and it was good pressure to have before going into the gold-medal game, to face that kind of adversity, that kind of pressure." The Canadians will face the winner of Saturdays other semifinal between the United States and the Czech Republic. Canada beat the Czechs 5-0 in the preliminary round. The Canadians, who earned a bye into the semis, outshot the Russians 70-24, but couldnt put anything past Russias netminder Valeriaa Tarakanova through 60 minutes of regulation. Hydro Flask Deals Online. "We had numerous, numerous chances to put the puck in the net and their goalie played outstanding," Schuler said. "For us on the bench, we knew it was just going to be a matter of time before we were able to capitalize, and just really happy with the energy on the bench overall. The kids knew it, they came off each shift with smiles on their faces, like Aw, we almost had it there. I think that helped us going into overtime, just building our energy. "I was just happy with how they responded, they embraced the challenge and they just kept believing. It was great to see." Wildfang finally scored the winner 3:09 into overtime. "We were all crashing the net, and I took a shot and I just got my own rebound and it trickled in," Wildfang said. "Throughout the whole game, we stuck to our systems and I think thats why we became successful today. We didnt lose sight of the goal and we didnt lose sight of our game plan." Shea Tiley got the shutout for Canada. Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike Basketball Jerseys Hockey Jerseys China Supply Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Sale Authentic College Jerseys MLB Jerseys China Stitched Soccer JerseysCheap Jerseys From China Cheap Nike Jerseys ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel