Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 16, 2019 6:50 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

I didnt care if it was offence

SAN FRANCISCO -- Bruce Miller recalls springtime three years ago when 49ers running backs coach Tom Rathman called to inquire whether he might be up for a position change. Cheap Jordan Uk Online . Defence to offence. The answer was simple: of course he would. Miller wanted his best chance to contribute in the NFL as soon as possible. "You know me, I didnt care if it was offence, defence or special teams," Miller said. "That was exciting to know I was on their radar." Now, that well-timed switch has helped Miller earn some job stability. He signed a three-year contract extension with San Francisco on Thursday, ensuring the team can keep a key member of its running game through the 2017 season. The do-everything Miller was lost for the season Dec. 15 with a left shoulder blade injury sustained during a win at Tampa Bay -- and his absence left a huge void. San Francisco greatly missed his contributions the rest of the way before losing to the eventual Super Bowl champion and rival Seattle Seahawks in the NFC title game. Miller had a tough time using the arm after the game. He took a hard hit from Buccaneers safety Keith Tandy after a 10-yard catch midway through the fourth quarter. He has been training and rehabbing at 49ers headquarters and is ready for a full off-season program with his teammates. "Its going great. I had a complete, full, healthy recovery," Miller said. "Its looking good. Ill be completely ready and 100 per cent come April 21 and have a great off-season. Im a full participant right now. If we were to start today Id be ready to go." The 26-year-old Miller has been a key blocker for 1,000-yard rusher Frank Gore, and Miller had 25 catches for 243 yards along with seven carries for 13 yards last season. He worked to convert from college defensive end to NFL fullback. Gore has long credited Miller with allowing him to break big gains. "Bruce is a hard-working, dedicated young player that has done an outstanding job for us, both on and off the field," 49ers general manager Trent Baalke said. "He is one of those players that contributes a lot more to the team and to the community than he gets credit for, yet wouldnt have it any other way. We are pleased that Bruce has chosen to extend his stay with the 49ers." During the 2011 season as a rookie, Miller caught the 49ers lone touchdown in a 19-11 win at Washington and emerged as a feel-good story in coach Jim Harbaughs first season. Harbaugh has appreciated Miller from Day 1. Especially considering Miller was open to the idea of converting from defensive end to fullback. The move gave him a regular job with the 49ers. "Its definitely been a long journey and a lot of hard work, but its been a blast. I couldnt have planned it out any better for me," Miller said. "Three years as a part of this organization, I couldnt ask for anything more. Excited for whats to come." Miller was a dominant defensive end for Central Florida, earning Conference USA Defensive Player of the Year honours while becoming the schools all-time sacks leader with 36. "Ive had so much help, especially when I first came in, transitioning to offence," Miller said. "Him having the confidence of putting me out on the field and letting me play that first year was big." While Miller has quietly emerged supporting Gore and the running backs in so many ways, he has become one of the players the Niners count on most. San Francisco has increased his role and load each season, and he would love to take on even more. "For me, its wanting to definitely just be a part and do whatever I can to help our offence be successful. Every year its been evolving and more on my plate," Miller said. "Hopefully, more additions and a little more playing time for me." Jordan Shoes Uk Online . Both sides came closest to scoring in the first half, when Roma had a goal from Mattia Destro waved off for offside and Inters Rodrigo Palacio headed high. "A draw was a fair result. Neither squad had many chances," Roma midfielder Miralem Pjanic said. Jordan Shoes Uk Sale .Y. - The New York Islanders are brimming with confidence these days, thanks to a standout goalie and a newfound winning attitude.Aaron Rodgers threw for three touchdowns as the Green Bay Packers survived over 250 receiving yards form Julio Jones to defeat the Atlanta Falcons 43-37 on Monday night. Rodgers threw two touchdown passes to Jordy Nelson and one to Eddie Lacy as the Packers improved to 6-0 at Lambeau Field this season. Eddie Lacy and James Starks each added a rushing touchdown for Green Bay. Jones’s 259 receiving yards were a record for a single player against the Packers and 18th-most in a game all-time. Cheap Air Jordan Uk. Jones left the game in the fourth quarter with a hip injury and did not return. Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan threw for four touchdowns and one interception in the loss. The loss dropped the Falcons to 5-8 on the season, but the team remains atop the NFC South. The Packers (10-3) remained in first place in the NFC North, one game ahead of the Detroit Lions. Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Authentic JerseysNike NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike Basketball Jerseys Hockey Jerseys China Supply Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Sale Authentic College Jerseys MLB Jerseys China Stitched Soccer Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Nike Jerseys ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel