Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 16, 2019 6:50 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

, she collected a gold medal in the w

MONTREAL - Marianne St-Gelais added another medal to her collection, winning silver in the first of two 500-metre womens events on Saturday at an ISU short-track speedskating World Cup. Nike Air Jordan Uk Store .St-Gelais, from Saint-Felicien, Que., earned her fourth medal of the 2014-15 World Cup season. Last week in Salt Lake City, the first event of the season, she collected a gold medal in the womens 1,000 metres, a bronze in the 500 metres and a bronze in the 3,000-metre relay.The results are there, Im in shape and I feel good, said St-Gelais. But regardless of the results I would have had, I would have been happy anyway because I feel I have strong legs, and that Im strong mentally. Im mostly happy that my good old reflexes are back when I skate.St-Gelais took second place on Saturday in 43.373 seconds, behind Chinas Fan Kexin (43.161) and ahead of South Koreas Jeon Ji-Soo (43.481), the bronze medallist.St-Gelais wasnt entirely satisfied with second place.I was going for gold and nothing else, said the 24-year-old athlete. I had a good opening to overtake (Fan) in the middle of the race, I was sure it was going to work, but she closed the door and after that, she knew I was right behind her and she made me lose some of my speed. After that, it was too late. On the other hand, Im happy I was able to protect second place.Kasandra Bradette of Saint-Felicien, Que., and Kim Boutin, from Sherbrooke, Que., respectively finished second and fourth in the B final of the womens 500 metres.Joanie Gervais, from Saguenay, Que., was the other Canadian to take part in the A final on Saturday. The 20-year-old, who is making her World Cup debut this season, finished sixth in the A final of the womens 1,500 metres. She started the day by qualifying for the semifinal through the rep heats, and then finished second in her heat in the semifinal to qualify for the A final.I still lack a little something to be able to keep pace with the others, said Gervais of her performance in the final. But Im proud that I was able to earn a spot in the final.The other Canadian taking part in the womens 1,500-metre race, Valerie Maltais from La Baie, Que., finished sixth in the B final.The womens 3,000-metre relay team qualified for Sundays A final after finishing second in its heat in the semifinal.On the mens side, Charles Hamelin of Sainte-Julie, Que., had to settle for the B final in the 1,500-metre event, which he won. He lost all hope of reaching the A final when a Chinese opponent pushed him and made him fall in the semifinal. The skater was penalized for his infraction, but because Hamelin was fourth when it happened, the officials could only award him a spot in the B final.Guillaume Bastille, of Riviere-du-Loup, Que., finished third in the B final of the mens 1,500 metres. The A final was won by South Koreas Park Se Yeong in 2:12.698.No Canadian reached the mens 500-metre finals. Samuel Girard of Fernand-et-Boileau, Que., and Samuel Belanger-Marceau of Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, Que., were eliminated during the rep heats. Chinas Wu Dajing won the A final in 40.720. Air Jordan Wholesale Uk . -- Andy Dorman and Kelyn Rowe scored in the second half to lead the New England Revolution to a 2-1 victory over Sporting Kansas City in the first leg of their Eastern Conference semifinals series on Saturday night. Cheap Discount Jordan Shoes .Voegele will next play Anna Schmiedlova of Slovakia, who saved 10 of 16 break points to defeat Annika Beck of Germany 7-6 (6), 6-4.Also, Marina Erakovic of New Zealand defeated eighth-seeded Caroline Garcia of France 6-2, 4-6, 6-4.DAVIE, Fla. -- Jonathan Martins season is officially over. The Miami Dolphins put the troubled offensive tackle on the reserve/non-football illness list Saturday, freeing up his roster spot so safety D.J. Campbell could be promoted from the teams practice squad. The move was not unexpected. Martin left the Dolphins on Oct. 28, the start of what became an explosive probe into allegations that a culture of bullying was around the team and inside its locker room. Cheap Air Jordan Shoes Wholesale. Offensive lineman Richie Incognito was suspended Nov. 3 for his alleged role in the turmoil. Media reports Friday said the Dolphins and Incognito agreed to extend his suspension past the four-week window typically allowed by league rule, and that Incognito would resume getting paid. Investigator Ted Wells probe of the team and its workplace environment is ongoing. Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike Basketball Jerseys Hockey Jerseys China Supply Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Sale Authentic College Jerseys MLB Jerseys China Stitched Soccer Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From ChinaCheap Nike Jerseys ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel