Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 9, 2019 7:59 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

t. Pelletier scored in overti

ABBOTSFORD, B. Cheap Air Max 270 UK .C. -- Pascal Pelletier has been attempting to carry the Utica Comets on his back this season. He got some help from an unlikely source Saturday night. Pelletier scored in overtime and added an assist as the Comets defeated the Abbotsford Heat 4-3 in American Hockey League action. The Comets, who lost 10 straight games to start the season, have now won four of their past five, and its no coincidence that Pelletier has three goals and three assists in that span. "Hes our leader and we always count him to produce for us," said teammate Kellan Lain. "Anytime we can get secondary scoring, that helps out big because we rely heavily on those guys." Lain also provided some help with two goals -- the first of his professional career. "Hes one of the kids thats been improving a lot," said Pelletier of the six-foot-six centre. "Hes got a bit role on this team. Maybe the fans wont see what he does because hes a defensive kind of guy, blocking shots, winning face-offs, but on a hockey club the job that hes doing is huge. And hes going to fight and stick up for his teammates. "Hes a big part of our club and I think he has a bright future." Pelletiers goal ended the game in which the Heat scored first and the Comets blew leads of 2-1 and 3-2. The Labrador City, N.L., native one-timed a centring pass from Colin Stuart in the slot at 2:07 of the extra period. "I went down the middle and tried to hold on to it as much as I could to see what was going to happen and Stuart was flying on the wall. I passed it to him behind their D and he passed it back to me for a one-timer tap-in." Stuart also had a goal for the Comets. Joe Cannata made 33 saves to give him back-to-back victories. Though still last in the Western Conference, the win brings them out of the AHL cellar. "We struggled early in the season scoring goals so we emphasized putting pucks on the net, drive net and see what happens," said Pelletier. "We saw on the first goal, a shot on net tip, second goal was a scramble. The third and fourth were better plays, but in the AHL and the NHL youre scoring chances just starting with a shot." Ben Street had a goal and an assist for Abbotsford (17-6-2), who lost back-to-back games for the first time since Oct. 18 but hang on to first place in the league. Turner Elson and Josh Jooris also scored, both snapping extending scoring droughts. "Some days they havent done a damn thing and some days theyve been really good," said Heat coach Troy Ward of Elson and Jooris. "I was happy for them. Turners been competing, but he hasnt got as much ice time as others on this team. Hes a young guy kind of paying his dues. And if anybody needed a goal on our team, it was probably Josh Jooris in a lot of ways. His compete has been way higher of late, and hes got a bit of mojo playing with Ben Street." Joey MacDonald stopped 22 shots in net for the Heat. The Heat drew first blood at 10:37 of the first. Elson pounced on the rebound of a Chad Billins point shot, beating Cannata high blocker side, for his second of the year and first since Oct. 11. However, the Comets tied the game at 17:13. Yannick Webers point shot was deflected by Lain, with Patrick Mullen also providing a screen, giving Weber four points in four games since being demoted to the Comets by the Vancouver Canucks. The Comets took the lead at 16:24 of the second. Lain knocked Alex Biegas rebound past MacDonald. "Its definitely exciting," said Lain of finally scoring in his 32nd career AHL game. "Ive been working hard for it, and I had a lot of chances the first 20 or so games. But you just cant get down on yourself -- youve got to keep going, and I got some good bounces." The Heat had a goal disallowed with less than three minutes to play in the second. A Comets defenceman fell into Cannata, pushing the netminder with the puck across the goal-line. However it was ruled the player tripped on Jooris, who was driving past the net. Jooris made amends at the 3:51 mark of the third period. He took a great cross-ice feed from Street and found a little room short side on Cannata, giving him his first goal since the season opener, a span of 20 games. Stuart regained the Utica lead however less than two minutes later. He walked out of the left corner into the slot untouched and backhanded the puck over the sprawling netminder giving him five goals on the year. Street scored his team-leading 12th of the season at 9:07, blazing down the left wing on a power play before unleashing a slapshot blocker side from the face-off dot. "Theyre a good club," said Pelletier of the Heat. "They skate well and counter attack very well. We made a couple mistakes that cost us. But overall the effort was there. It was hard for us the way we travelled the last couple of days and stuff but it was a good hockey game overall." Air Max 270 Sale UK . -- Kurt Buschs Sunday at Martinsville Speedway, in some ways, was like his career wrapped into one afternoon. Clearance Air Max 270 Uk ." One game is checked off, 15 remain and the next one to get crossed out could come Tuesday night when the defending champion Heat host the Milwaukee Bucks in Game 2 of their Eastern Conference playoff series. AVONDALE, Ariz. -- Kyle Busch didnt mind the rain that ended the race early. He would have been fine with continuing, though -- his car was that good. Busch became the first driver to win three straight NASCAR Nationwide races at Phoenix International Raceway, dominating his way through a rain-shortened race Saturday. "Weve been very dominant here in the past and led a lot of laps today," Busch said. "I felt like we could have won it if it was rain-shortened or whether we went the whole distance." Busch took an early lead and was still out front when the race was halted with 32 laps left in the 200-mile race around Phoenixs odd-shaped mile oval. After a delay of more than two hours, the race was called, giving Busch his series-record 64th Nationwide victory. Busch led 155 laps for his 10th overall victory -- seven in Nationwide -- at PIR and the fourth straight Nationwide win for Joe Gibbs Racing at the track. It also was the fourth straight win at PIR for Buschs crew chief Adam Stevens, who was at the helm when Joey Logano won for JGR in the 2012 fall race. Kevin Harvick finished second and pole sitter Brad Keselowski was third, followed by Kyle Larson and Matt Kenseth. "Kyle had the best car today; we probably finished where we should have," Harvick said. "You never know and you always want to finish it out, but all in all it was a good start." BBusch swept the two Nationwide races at Phoenix in 2013, overcoming a pit-road speeding penalty to end a 24-race winless streak in the series in the spring and leading 169 laps in the fall for his 12th Nationwide victory of the season. Discount Air Max 270 UK. He had the dominant car at PIR on Saturday, moving into the lead on the sixth lap after starting third. Busch led 83 laps after that, retook the top spot on a restart after a pit stop midway through and stayed there another with about 60 laps left. "Another dominant day at Phoenix," Busch said. "Those days dont come around that often, so you try to enjoy them when you can." Rain put a slight damper on Buschs run to the checkers and certainly delayed it. PIR dodged the heavy downpours that spread across the Phoenix area for most of the day, but rain sent the fans scrambling and halted the race with 32 laps left. NASCAR sent out the blowers in an effort to get the track dry, but another round of storms moved across the area, soaking the track and ending the race. "I just had my hands full, for whatever reason, and felt kind of relieved to get it over with here," said Keselowski, who will start from the pole for Sundays Sprint Cup race without crew chief Paul Wolfe, who left the team for the birth of his first child. "Third was probably the best I have done, I was holding on pretty good there." Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike Basketball Jerseys Hockey Jerseys China Supply Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys SaleAuthentic College Jerseys MLB Jerseys China Stitched Soccer Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Nike Jerseys ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel