Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 9, 2019 7:58 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

in the Miami Dolphins practice bubble

DAVIE, Fla. Cheap Air Max 97 Ireland Sale . -- Bryant McKinnie came out of his stance and lowered his shoulder into a practice squad player, causing a crisp thud to reverberate in the Miami Dolphins practice bubble. "Thats right," offensive line coach Jim Turner hollered. "Nice short first step." The Dolphins hope McKinnies arrival Tuesday marks a big step in the right direction for a team reeling from pass-protection problems. They acquired the 12th-year pro Monday from the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for a conditional late-round draft pick. "Hes a heck of a player," said tackle Jonathan Martin, whose role likely will be affected by the trade. "Anytime you bring in a guy like that, its going to make you better." McKinnie might not be ready for Sundays game at New England, or even the Halloween game against Cincinnati. But barring sudden, dramatic improvement by right tackle Tyson Clabo, McKinnie is expected to move into the starting lineup eventually. He likely would assume his customary spot at left tackle, with Martin moving from the left side to right tackle as Clabos replacement. McKinnie practiced only on the left side Tuesday, and while Clabo and Martin remained with the first team, Martin worked some on the right. "Its a decision the GM and the coaching staff thought they had to make," Martin said. "You can approach this two different ways. You can go in the tank and be one of those guys that moans and is a cancer in the locker room, or you can be a professional and play as hard as you can. My mindset is Im going to go out there and do whatever I can to help the team win." The 34-year-old McKinnie, who played for the Miami Hurricanes and spends offseasons in South Florida, said he looked forward to helping the Dolphins. "It feels good to be back here and get a chance to play in front of people who saw me play in college -- and to be in my own bed," he said. McKinnie has had off-the-field issues in South Florida in the past, and was involved in the "Love Boat" scandal in 2005 while with the Minnesota Vikings. He acknowledged his reputation for partying. "Thats when Im off," he said. "See, thats Big Mac during the off-season. Bryant McKinnie is the person who comes to work and handles his business. Thats who youll get right now." Coach Joe Philbin, who stresses the need for his players to have good character, said McKinnie will be judged on what he does at the Dolphins complex. "Im concerned about what he does in this building," Philbin said. "I dont mandate what people do outside the building. I expect him to be a professional, just like all the other guys." The trade means McKinnie now works for his former girlfriend, tennis champion Venus Williams. She and her sister Serena own a small share of the Dolphins. "Venus texted me and said she had a lot to do with the trade," McKinnie said with a laugh. "And then Serena hit me up and said to refer to her as boss now." McKinnie, a Pro Bowl tackle in 2009, lost his starting job after five games this season and was inactive for the first time in his career the past two weeks. He recently had his right knee drained and said its fine now. The 6-foot-8 McKinnie, one of the largest players in the NFL, weighed in at 364 pounds and said he hopes to play at about 355. His newly issued No. 78 practice jersey was too small to cover his midsection. The Dolphins (3-3) are desperate for better pass protection. During their current three-game losing streak, theyve given up 12 sacks, and Ryan Tannehill leads the NFL with 26. McKinnie declined to predict how soon he might play, as did Philbin. But guard Richie Incognito, who was traded by the St. Louis Rams during the 2009 season, predicted McKinnie would be ready for the Patriots on Sunday. "No question I think he can do that," Incognito said. "I showed up on a Thursday in Buffalo and started Sunday, so it has been done before." Cheap Air Max 97 Ireland . -- Canadas Justin Shin shot an 8-under 64 on Thursday on PGA Wests Nicklaus Tournament Course to take the first-round lead in the Web. Cheap Air Max 97 Wholesale . The 25-year-old native of Milford, Conn., has 18 points in 41 games this season. The five-foot-eight 166-pound centre also has 28 points (10-18) in 15 games with AHL Oklahoma City. SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Patrick Marleau has had a lot of success against the Edmonton Oilers this season. The Sharks assistant team captain found another way to keep the good times rolling. In the process, he just might have salvaged San Joses hopes of catching Anaheim in the chase for the top spot in the Pacific Division. Marleau scored a tiebreaking goal with 7:29 left in the third period to lift the Sharks to a 5-4 win over the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night after San Jose had squandered a two-goal lead. "I think (Joe Pavelski) actually kicked it over to me in front," said Marleau after notching his 32nd goal of the season. "It was good. I was just able to get it in the back." It was a much-needed win for the Sharks, who came into their final homestand of the season after falling out of first place in the division following back-to-back losses to Winnipeg and Colorado. San Jose has already locked up a playoff spot, but is trying to avoid a first-round matchup against the Los Angeles Kings. The Sharks had blown a 3-1 lead and were 0 for 5 on power plays before Marleau rocketed a shot past Edmonton goalie Ben Scrivens after Scrivens had deflected a one-timer by San Joses Brent Burns. Dan Boyle, Andrew Desjardins and Tommy Wingels also scored for the Sharks, who moved within one point of first-place Anaheim in the Pacific Division. "I still think our team looks lethargic," San Jose coach Todd McLellan said. "Were there but were not really getting it done. Right now were still in a fight, which I think is good for us, to stay focused and have that battling mentality." The Sharks still face an uphill climb. Four of their final five games are against teams in playoff contention. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins had two goals and two assists for Edmonton, which lost for the fourth time in five meetings between the teams this season. "We knew coming in we couldnt take penalties but for whatever reason, a couple that we probably shouldnt have taken and it comes back to bite us," Nugent-Hopkins said. "I thought we showed a lot of push-back. The way we climbed back in the game was reeally big for us. Air Max 97 Ireland. We just have to take some momentum from it." This one nearly got away after San Jose built an early lead. Edmonton scored two goals in a 38-second span in the second period to tie the game, then took the lead when Nugent-Hopkins scored his second goal of the game 6:16 into the third. After Burns tied it off an assist from Joe Thornton, Marleau sent the crowd at SAP Pavilion home happy with his game-winner. Antti Niemi made 25 saves for San Jose. Taylor Hall scored the other goal for Edmonton. Nugent-Hopkins nearly had a hat trick after being credited with a goal in the second, but it was later awarded to Jordan Eberle. Scrivens set an NHL record for most saves in a regular-season shutout when the two teams played on Jan. 29, but wasnt nearly as sharp this time. Neither was Niemi. Desjardins third goal of the season 3:11 into the first put the Sharks up 1-0. Desjardins scored off a deflection in front of the net after Scrivens stopped a shot by Tyler Kennedy. Hall tied it on a power-play goal for Edmonton after a roughing call against Boyle. Boyle, penalized twice in the first period, made up for it with another point-blank shot in front of the net that made it 2-1. After San Joses power-play unit missed a chance to pad the lead early in the second, Wingels tapped the puck past Scrivens for an even-strength goal that gave the Sharks a 3-1 lead. Edmonton tied it with two goals in 38 seconds. Nugent-Hopkins, who had an assist on Halls goal, scored to cut the gap to 3-2 before Eberles game-tying shot. Nugent-Hopkins was originally credited with the goal after the play was reviewed and upheld, but a scoring change later awarded the shot to Eberle. Nugent-Hopkins put the Oilers ahead when he scored 6:16 into the third before Burns tied it for the Sharks midway through the final period. "Were happy with the two (points), but weve got to tighten up for the post-season," Thornton said. "Weve got five games here to do that." Notes: Halls 26 goals are tied for the team lead. David Perron also has 26. ... Sharks F Raffi Torres sat out his 12th straight game. Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike Basketball Jerseys Hockey Jerseys China Supply Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Sale Authentic College Jerseys MLB Jerseys China Stitched Soccer Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Nike Jerseys ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel