Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • December 29, 2018 10:39 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

feet and Im going to be OK no matter

TORONTO -- Paul Ranger felt the pain in his neck immediately. Wholesale Air Max Australia . Down on the ice for several minutes, his mind raced and then found some peace. "Its scary," he said. "But I just remember feeling like, You know what, I am going to be OK. I dont know whats going on, but I can move my legs, I can feel my hands, I can feel my feet and Im going to be OK no matter what." The Toronto Maple Leafs defenceman was back with the team less than two days after suffering a neck injury when he was boarded by Tampa Bay Lightning forward Alex Killorn. Just being at the practice rink Friday for a team photo was another positive sign for Ranger, who was treated and released at a hospital Wednesday night. "Im thankful," Ranger said. "Im OK." Coach Randy Carlyle reported some good news as well: that the 29-year-old had a stiff neck but not a concussion as a result of his head slamming into the glass. "Thats not the world that (doctors) ever described to me," Carlyle said after practice. "They never said that. I know its a big word in todays sports, so I refrain from using it. Right now I was told there was no concussion issues." Ranger confirmed that it was a neck injury, not a head injury. He does not know when he might be able to return to game action, calling his situation a "day-to-day thing right now." When he went down late in the first period of the Leafs 5-3 loss to the Lightning, it looked like it could be much worse. After remaining on the ice for seven minutes, Ranger was taken off on a stretcher and then to the hospital. Ranger was anxious and in a bit of shock at first, but amid that doctors told him he was relaxed and co-operative. "I dont want to get into the details, I dont really want to re-live it," he said. "I know that my body and my mind just went into preservation mode. All I could think was just Dont move, stay straight and breathe, and I just kind of breathed three in, three out for the next three to four hours right from the get-go." Ranger praised Leafs doctor Noah Forman, athletic therapists Paul Ayotte and Marty Dudgeon and Lightning trainer Tom Mulligan for the care they administered. "They did a great job all-around," he said. "Even through that stressful time, I felt comforted and loved, really, and cared for." Ranger, who spent parts of five seasons with the Lightning, said Killorn reached out to him but declined to reveal the nature of that dialogue. He does not believe Killorn attempted to injure him. "From what I gather about him is that hes a good kid, and I knew that right from the start that it wasnt intentional," Ranger said. "My friends that I know close in Tampa say that he is a pretty good person, never really means to hurt anybody." Still, Ranger considered it a dangerous play. He avoided watching more than one replay because "that was enough," and didnt want to weigh in on any supplemental discipline for Killorn. "Its not up for me to decide if someone gets suspended or not," he said. "Thats not my call." But Ranger doesnt want to see similar situations happen moving forward. "I think it maybe needs some looking at," Ranger said. "I think theres some reviewing that should be done for the safety of myself and, to be honest, everyone else -- future players." Nike Air Max On Sale Australia .Shipulin pulled away from Martin Fourcade of France, Simon Eder of Austria and Fredrik Lindstrom of Sweden to finish in 35 minutes 16.8 seconds. Fourcade was 1.2 seconds back in second place to reclaim the overall World Cup lead, with Eder another 0. Nike Air Max Wholesale Australia . -- Jack Del Rio only wanted to talk about the Cowboys, not the Trojans. BOSTON -- Carlton Fisk cleared the Green Monster to beat the Cincinnati Reds. All Grady Sizemore had to do was hit it. The Red Sox outfielder lined one off the bottom of Fenway Parks left-field Wall to drive in the winning run on Tuesday night and Boston beat Cincinnati 4-3 in 12 innings -- the longest game between the teams since Fisks historic homer in Game 6 of the 1975 World Series. "It will never get old to walk off," said Sizemore, who had three hits in the game. "I was just glad I could come through." An All-Star with the Cleveland Indians, Sizemore missed all of the last two seasons while recovering from back surgery. The Red Sox brought him in as an extra outfielder, knowing the low risk would pay off big if he returned to the form that earned him MVP votes from 2005-08. "Ive got to believe that tonight gives him even further feeling like hes contributing here rather than being someone coming back from an injury," Red Sox manager John Farrell said. "Nights like tonight go a long way and continue to rebuild Grady." Sizemore singled in a run in the third and had another base hit in the eighth, then came up with nobody out in the 12th after David Ortiz and Mike Napoli had already singled off Logan Ondrusek (0-2). He hit the first pitch to left-centre, and the outfielders didnt even bother picking it up as Ortiz scored easily. Craig Breslow (1-0) pitched one inning of scoreless relief for the victory. Boston beat Cincinnati for the sixth time in seven games since the Reds rebounded from the Fisk homer to win Game 7 of the 75 Series to take the title. The teams also met for interleague series in 2005 and 08. Dusstin Pedroia had three hits, including two doubles, as the Red Sox won for the third time in four games. Cheap Nike Air Max Australia. Napoli drove in a pair of runs as the Red Sox opened a 3-1 lead only to see Junichi Tazawa give it up in the eighth. "We finally got something going a little late," Reds outfielder Ryan Ludwick said. "Any time you lose a game, you think about missed opportunities." Red Sox starter Felix Doubront allowed one run on five hits, but he walked two batters in the sixth before leaving with one out and a 3-1 lead. Burke Badenhop threw one pitch to Skip Schumaker to get an inning-ending play. It was still 3-1 in the eighth when Joey Votto drew a one-out walk and Brandon Phillips doubled to put runners on second and third. Todd Frazier singled in one run, and Ryan Ludwick tied it 3-all with a sacrifice fly. NOTES: Reds starter Homer Bailey gave up three runs on five hits and five walks, striking out five in six innings. ... The Reds placed RF Jay Bruce on the 15-day disabled list with a torn meniscus in his left knee and selected the contract of OF Roger Bernadina from Triple-A Louisville. Bruce had arthroscopic surgery on Monday and is expected to miss about a month. ... The game marked the 99th anniversary of Babe Ruths first of 714 career homers, on May 6, 1915. The Red Sox LHP also pitched 12 1-3 innings and took the loss in a complete game against the Yankees at the Polo Grounds. ... The Reds announced that their April 28 rainout against the Cubs will be made up as part of a day-night doubleheader on July 8. ... Red Sox DH David Ortiz played in his 2,000th career game. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants JerseysCheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel