Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • December 29, 2018 10:39 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

assists as the Panthers stretched thei

EDMONTON - The Florida Panthers dont seem to mind being on the road. Comprar Air Max Baratas .Tomas Kopecky scored the game winner and Jussi Jokinen recorded a pair of assists as the Panthers stretched their winning streak to three games with a 4-2 victory over the Edmonton Oilers on Sunday.Jimmy Hayes, Brian Campbell and Sean Bergenheim also scored for the Panthers (20-11-9), who are 4-1-0 through the first five games of a six-game road trip and 11-6-6 in road games overall this season.I dont think we were at our best tonight, but we found a way to get it done, Campbell said. Its a big game, getting towards the end of the trip, you have to keep the pedal down.Florida goalie Roberto Luongo said his teams key to winning is overall team play.Weve got four balanced lines, theyve been chipping in offensively which is nice and weve been finding ways to win hockey games, he said. We have one more big game left on this trip, so well enjoy tonight and refocus on the next one.Panthers head coach Gerard Gallant said Sundays win was a pretty good example of that team-first philosophy.Thats how youre going to win with our hockey team, he said. You look at our lineup, we dont have an 80, 90-point guy, so we have a bunch of guys chipping in, working hard.We play four lines all the D play and they all chipped in tonight.Jordan Eberle and Benoit Pouliot responded for the Oilers (10-24-9), who have only four wins to show from their past 28 games.We had some very costly errors at bad times, said Oilers assistant captain Taylor Hall. That was our downfall. I dont think we played bad, I just thought there were some really key moments in the game where we didnt do our jobs.Oilers forward Boyd Gordon said his team is one that cant afford to make too many mistakes.We were a little bit sloppy tonight, he said. We were hanging around, but we couldnt find a way to get on to the winning side. Our first period was a bit all over the place. We havent found a way to put a full 60 minutes together, and until we do that, we arent going to win too many games.The Panthers were first on the scoreboard four minutes into the first period as a defensive breakdown allowed Hayes to pick up a loose puck in front of the Edmonton net before spinning around and beating Oilers starter Ben Scrivens for his 13th goal of the season.Florida came close to adding to its lead with six minutes to play in the first when a Jonathan Huberdeau shot rang off the post behind Scrivens.The Panthers had 11 shots in the opening frame to Edmontons nine on Florida goalie Roberto Luongo.After Scrivens made a huge save on a two-on-one to start the second period, Edmonton tied the game 1-1 four minutes in as several Oilers had whacks at a loose puck during a scramble in front of the Panthers net before Eberle was able to flip in a backhand shot for his 11th goal of the year.Florida made it 2-1 seven minutes into the second as a Campbell wrist shot from the point deflected off of the stick of Oiler Matt Hendricks and completely fooled Scrivens, who didnt even wave at it.The two teams traded goals just 32 seconds apart, five minutes into the third period.Florida made it 3-1 as it won a race for a puck behind the Edmonton net before Derek MacKenzie fed it in front to set up a quick one-timer goal by Kopecky.The Oilers responded quickly with a delayed penalty coming their way as Pouliot scored his second goal in as many games during another scramble in front of the Florida net.The Panthers took a two-goal lead with four-and-a-half minutes to play as Nail Yakupov had his pocket picked and then the puck hopped over the stick of Andrew Ference, allowing Bergenheim to walk in and tuck the puck past Scrivens.I felt like we were going to come back in that game and then a couple of turnovers on one play and it ends up in the back of our net, Eberle said. Thats what happens when you do that in this league.Luongo made 31 saves in the victory.Both teams return to action on Tuesday as the Panthers will close out a six-game road trip in Winnipeg against the Jets. The Oilers will start a four-game road swing in St. Louis.Notes: It was the first of two games between the teams this year, the second coming in a week on Saturday, Jan. 17. Edmonton won both match-ups with the Panthers last year with Oilers centre Ryan Nugent-Hopkins recording five assists in the two-game set. Florida came into the game without a win in Edmonton since December 11th, 2008… Scrivens was playing in his fourth career game against the Panthers, having recorded two shutouts in his previous three starts against Florida… Each team will have only one representative at the upcoming NHL All-Star Game. Selected for Florida was Luongo, while Nugent-Hopkins will suit up for Edmonton… Panthers centre Aleksander Barkov missed the game with a bout of the flu while Shawn Thornton remained out with a groin injury… The lone injury for Edmonton is forward Tyler Pitlick (lacerated spleen). Zapatillas Air Max Baratas . Bayern led second-place Leverkusen by 10 points with a game in hand, while Dortmund was another four points off the pace. Freiburg midfielder Felix Klaus scored in the last minute as his side twice came from behind to climb provisionally out of the relegation zone. Comprar Air Max Baratas Online .Former NBA forward Morris Peterson has been added to TSNs Toronto Raptors broadcast team.KANSAS CITY, Mo. - There were times in Philadelphia when Andy Reid and Michael Vick would be the last ones in the Eagles facility, going over game film and talking about life late into the night.Often, Reid would jokingly tell Vick what he would do to stop him.For the second time in two years, Reid will have to draw on that knowledge.Vick was handed the starting job for the New York Jets this week, taking over from slumping Geno Smith.And wouldnt you know it? The Jets are headed to Kansas City on Sunday, where Reid has been busy preparing the Chiefs to slow down the veteran quarterback.If there is anybody who knows me its him, and there has been times that he has sat there and told me what he would do if he played me, Vick said. I played against Kansas City last year and it wasnt easy by any stretch. But like I said, thats part of the challenge.Vick was still with the Eagles a year ago, when Reid returned to Philadelphia in his first season with the Chiefs. He threw for 201 yards, but was picked off twice in a 26-16 defeat.The two have remained close, their relationship forged by years of turmoil in both of their lives. It was Reid who gave Vick a second chance when he was released from a federal prison near Kansas City after serving a sentence on dog-fighting charges. It was Vick who lent his shoulder to Reid two years ago, when his son Garrett died of a drug overdose.You guys know how proud I am of him for the man that he is and the things that hes done to change things around and kind of bounce back, Reid said. You never slight Michael Vick.Even at the age of 34, when most running quarterbacks have started to slow down.Hes going to be 50 years old and still be the fastest guy on the field, Reid added.Vick will certainly face a stiff challenge in the Chiefs (4-3), who have the NFLs third-ranked defence and the best against the pass.Kansas City is coming off a 34-7 rout of St. Louis, a game that was so lopsided that its backup defence played most of the fourth quarter.The Jets (1-7) counter with the leagues fourth-ranked rushing offence, which should be bolstered by Vicks mobility. But with a pass offence that is last in the NFL, Vicks ability too connect with wide receivers downfield — and back the Chiefs off the line of scrimmage — could be crucial. Air Max Outlet España. By the way, that defence is co-ordinated by Bob Sutton, who spent 13 seasons as an assistant with the Jets. In many ways, it mirrors what Rex Ryan does with his own defence.There are a lot of similarities on both sides of the ball, Ryan said. We probably know each other well, its just a matter of going out and seeing who can out-execute who.WHAT ABOUT GENO: Vick has only been appointed starter on a game-by-game basis, and Ryan hasnt ruled out going back to Geno Smith. Whenever I get a shot to play, obviously I have to do better than I have done previously, Smith said. Im going to take it with the same mindset that I have always had, be confident, go out there and play the game.SPEAKING OF QBS: Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith practiced all week after spraining his throwing shoulder before halftime last week against St. Louis. He still finished the game, going 24 of 28 for 226 yards. I was a little sore, Smith acknowledged, but I felt 100 per cent, and felt like I could do everything that I needed to do.SACK CITY: Both teams have 24 sacks, tied for fourth-most in the league. The Jets are led by Muhammad Wilkerson, Calvin Pace and Sheldon Richardson, who played college ball at Missouri. The Chiefs are led by Tamba Hali and Justin Houston, who had three sacks last week and has a league-leading 10 on the season. Houston is a great player, Ryan said. Theres no doubt.SPECIAL DELIVERY: Chiefs running back Knile Davis returned a kick 99 yards for a touchdown against the Rams last weekend. It was the second kickoff return of his career. Hes blessed with great speed along with that size, Reid said. Hes taking great pride in this.TURNOVER TROUBLE: The Jets have only forced three turnovers, putting them on pace to break the NFL record for fewest in a season of 12. Ive been a part of a lot of record-setting defences, but I never thought I would set one in futility, Ryan said. Thank goodness the year isnt over. I bet we wont be there. I bet we wont break that record.___Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros JerseysCheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies JerseysCheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel