Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • December 29, 2018 10:39 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

year as he looks to help build upon

A key contributor in the post-Rudy Gay trade turnaround that had the Raptors within a basket of the second round, Greivis Vasquez says he is hoping to be back to Toronto next year as he looks to help build upon what his young squad accomplished last season. Cheap Air Max 95 Free Shipping . The restricted free agent joined TSN 1050 to discuss the high expectations he has for the team moving forward and how hes comfortable sharing the backcourt with Kyle Lowry. Vasquez: Raptors can be East version of OKC Nike Air Max 95 Sale Outlet .C. -- Kevin Harvick won his first career pole at Darlington Raceway on Friday as he looks to chase his first Southern 500. Discount Nike Air Max 95 . "He started putting me on the ice to strengthen them at the suggestion from a doctor," he said. Weight said it wasnt a pretty sight at the rink in St. Clair Shores, Mich. "I looked like Forrest Gump," he joked.MILWAUKEE -- When it comes to the "Biogenesis Bunch," theres Alex Rodriguez, Ryan Braun, and then everybody else. Fourteen players were suspended last summer by Major League Baseball as part of the Biogenesis drug scandal, ranging from All-Stars to also-rans. As a new season starts up, time to check on how theyre doing. Rodriguez is out for the year. So the A-Rod media circus will have to wait until 2015, assuming he returns. That leaves Braun as the next most notable name on the list. He said hes sorry for getting into the mess and eager to compile the kind of stats that made him the 2011 NL MVP. "I embrace the challenge that lies ahead," the Milwaukee slugger said upon reporting to spring training. "I know it wont be easy, but I intend to do everything in my power to continue to be the best person and player I can be." After apologizing several times in the off-season, Braun returned to a corner locker customary for a top player. He has the strong support of manager Ron Roenicke. Braun got off to a good start at the plate. He went into this week hitting .440 with two homers and five RBIs in 25 spring at-bats. Even had a homer in his first spring at-bat. "Not surprising. Hes one of those guys, just a special athlete," Roenicke said after the Feb. 27 shot. With Braun back to bolster a lineup that had Carlos Gomez, Jean Segura and Jonathan Lucroy emerge last season, the Brewers hope to contend again in the NL Central. St. Louis is the reigning division champ, and a 50-game suspension for shortstop Jhonny Peralta didnt prevent the team from signing him to a four-year, $53 million deal in the off-season. The discipline stemmed from an investigation into Biogenesis of America, a Florida anti-aging clinic accused of distributing banned performance-enhancing substances. A couple big leaguers were miffed. "It pays to cheat... Thanks, owners, for encouraging PED use," Arizona pitcher Brad Ziegler tweeted after the deal was announced in November. Not a badd start in Cardinal red: Peralta was hitting over . Cheap Nike Air Max 95. .300 with three homers this spring as of the beginning of the week. "I know a lot of fans, they are going to talk," Peralta said when he reported to camp last month. "They are going to say a lot of things. Its baseball. You need to forget about it and try to play baseball." Nelson Cruzs potent bat was enticing enough for the Orioles to bring the outfielder in as a free agent after his suspension while with Texas last year. Cruz is destined for the middle of Baltimores lineup after hitting 26 homers last year. In San Diego, shortstop Everth Cabrera has said his apologies to teammates. He was leading the National League with 37 stolen bases when his suspension started last August. "He knew that he let his teammates down," Padres manager Bud Black said. "I cant speak for everybody, but from what Ive heard from some players, that was enough." Back at short and hitting .264 this spring with three steals as of Tuesday, Cabrera is set lead off again for Black. Reliever Antonio Bastardo (Phillies) and backup catcher Francisco Cervelli (Yankees) are also back with their former teams, each signing one-year deals in the off-season. Seattles Jesus Montero isnt as lucky. Once a top catching prospect, he was moved to first, then demoted to minor league camp. He hit .310 but had reported to spring training overweight. Among less notable players, outfield prospect Cesar Puello had also been optioned to minor league camp by the Mets and ex-Met Jordany Valdespin had signed a minor league deal in December with the Marlins. At last check, lefty reliever Jordan Norberto had signed a minor league deal with the Rays. Once-promising outfield prospect Fernando Martinez, who was traded from Houston to the Yankees last year, and relievers Fautino De Los Santos and Sergio Escalona are still waiting. They apparently wont have a chance to immediately prove themselves, unlike Braun. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel