Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • December 29, 2018 10:39 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

8-8 and missed the playoffs f

LAKE FOREST, Ill. Wholesale Retro Jordans . -- The Chicago Bears agreed to a one-year contract with two-time Pro Bowl cornerback Charles Tillman on Friday, retaining one of their cornerstone players as they try to revitalize a struggling defence. Tillmans status was one of the biggest questions hovering over the team this off-season after the Bears went 8-8 and missed the playoffs for the sixth time in seven years. But they answered that by announcing he will be back for a 12th season. The Bears have been overhauling a defence that struggled in a big way last season, releasing eight-time Pro Bowl defensive end Julius Peppers. They decided to bring back Tillman even though he is 33 and coming off a season in which he was limited to eight games because of a torn right triceps. "Charles is one of the NFLs great players and a true leader on and off the field, and were happy he will be staying in Chicago," general manager Phil Emery said in a statement. "He remains the best in our game at forcing turnovers and always has brought a tough, physical presence to our secondary. Charles also has a special connection to the people and community across Chicago and were excited for that to continue." The Bears saw enough good things before he went down to re-sign Tillman. He had three interceptions, four pass breakups and three forced fumbles, but his injury in a loss to Detroit on Nov. 10 cut short what had been another solid season. The Bears had already lost defensive tackle Henry Melton (ACL tear) and linebacker D.J. Williams (torn pectoral muscle) to season-ending injuries. Star linebacker Lance Briggs (shoulder fracture) was also sidelined at the time. Quarterback Jay Cutler suffered a high left ankle sprain against the Lions and missed the next four games. Tillmans 42 forced fumbles are the second most in the league and most among cornerbacks since the Bears drafted him in the second round in 2003. He is also tied for fifth in interceptions, fifth in interception return yards and tied for second in interception return touchdowns during that span. Now, Tillman is returning to a defence that will have a different look up front, personnel-wise. The Bears have two new ends in Willie Young and Lamarr Houston, and theyve also added Ryan Mundy and M.D. Jennings to the mix at safety. Whether Melton, a free agent, will be back remains unclear. But the Bears appear to be set at cornerback for next season after retaining Tillman and giving Tim Jennings a four-year deal. Cheap Jordans For Sale . -- The Grand Rapids Griffins scored three goals in 33 seconds of the second period en route to defeating the Hamilton Bulldogs 6-1 in American Hockey League action on Friday. Wholesale Jordan Shoes From China . Paul George and Darren Collison each scored 17 points and Roy Hibbert added 11 points and nine rebounds for the Pacers (9-3), who won their third straight. MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. -- Karen Paolozzi became the second female player to make the cut in the PGA Professional National Championship, and University of Toledo coach Jamie Broce took the second-round lead in windy conditions Monday. Playing from tees in front of the men, Paolozzi followed her opening 75 at Grande Dunes with a 71 at The Dunes -- the site of the final two rounds -- to move into a tie for 31st at 2 over. Suzy Whaley was the first women to make the cut in 2005 at Kiawah Island. A former Indiana University player, the 31-year-old Paolozzi is a PGA assistant professional at Druid Hills in Atlanta. "This is exactly what my goal was," Paolozzi said. "I wanted to make the cut. I wanted to come here and play well. I was a little disappointed after yesterday, but I knew if I put in a solid round today, I had a chance." The 37-year-old Broce had an even-par 72 at Grande Dunes to take a one-stroke lead over Ryan Helminen. Broce had a 4-under 140 total. "Yestterday, the conditions were a little more benign, but today was a lot different. Buy Cheap Jordans Online Real. The wind kept you uneasy," Broce said. "I just got into a plan to hang in there and survive. I got away with a couple bad swings and was able to come back. I just plan to have fun and play golf the next two days and see what happens." Helminen, the PGA teaching professional at Ridgeway in Neenan, Wisconsin, overcame double bogeys on his fifth and sixth holes at Grande Dunes for a 73. "I got a lot out of that round," Helminen said. "When youre 5 over through six holes and going the wrong way and you make a birdie and some par-saving putts, it lifts your spirits." The top 20 Wednesday will get spots in the PGA Championship in August at Valhalla in Louisville, Kentucky. Paolozzi isnt eligible to earn a spot in the PGA Championship because she didnt play from the mens tees last fall when she qualified in the Northern Ohio PGA Section Championship. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics JerseysCheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel