Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • December 29, 2018 10:38 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

moves Winnipegs exhibition record to

After two exhibition games in which the Winnipeg Goldeyes struggled to cash in base runners, Winnipegs bats had no issues harvesting runs Saturday afternoon in Nebraska. Air Jordans Authentic Wholesale . Led by home runs from Jake Blackwood and Ray Sadler, the Goldeyes defeated the Lincoln Saltdogs 7-6 Saturday at Haymarket Park. The win moves Winnipegs exhibition record to 3-1 after losing to Lincoln Friday night. The second batter of the game, Blackwood cracked a solo home run to left field to give Winnipeg their first lead of the two-game weekend series at 1-0. After Lincoln fought back with two runs in the bottom of the first inning, the Goldeyes retook the lead in the top of the second inning. With two out, Ryan Pineda and Luis Alen singled. Designated hitter Amos Ramon doubled to score Pineda and Webb followed with a double of his own to plate Alen and Ramon, giving the Goldeyes a 4-2 lead. "They didnt give up on the inning," Goldeyes pitching coach Jamie Vermilyea said on the Jewel 101 post-game show. "A two-out rally hurts the other team, too. You get two quick outs, but youre able to still put three runs on the board. Thats good to see out of your hitters." Winnipeg extended the lead in the top of the fifth inning when Ray Sadler hit a two-out, two-run home run, putting the Goldeyes up 6-2. Lincoln replied with a run in the fourth inning off Winnipeg starting pitcher Chris Salamida and then tied game 6-6 when they victimized Kyle Anderson for three runs with two out in the sixth inning. The Goldeyes scratched around the game-winning run an inning later when Alen led off the seventh inning with a single and eventually scored on a Blackwood sac fly. After Anderson, Brendan Lafferty, Chris Kissock and Kyle Bellamy allowed a combined two hits in the last three innings. "Thats exactly what we are looking for out of them," Vermilyea said. "If we get our starters to go six or seven innings, we have the guys in the back end of the bullpen that can shut the door." Anderson earned the win for Winnipeg to improve to 1-0 in exhibition play, while Bellamy earned his first save. The five pitchers took the ball for Winnipeg in the game combined for 10 strikeouts. Ramon led Winnipeg with a three-for-four afternoon at the plate. He also scored two runs and drove in a run. Blackwood, Sadler and Webb all had two RBI. The Goldeyes will finish their exhibition schedule with a pair of games against the Kansas City T-Bones on Monday and Tuesday at CommunityAmerica Ballpark. Authentic Air Jordan Retro China .Brooks, a three-year veteran, was slow to get up after suffering the injury during a 5-yard run by Arian Foster.Brooks limped off the field midway through the quarter and then slowly walked to the locker room a few minutes later. Shop Air Jordans Shoes Free Shipping . Louis Cardinals a hard-fought victory. The Colorado Rockies intentionally walked Yadier Molina with one out and runners on first and third to load the bases for Kozma.ANAHEIM, Calif. - For the second straight night, the Baltimore Orioles got a strong performance from a starting pitcher who spent the All-Star break in the minor leagues and stayed on his regular routine. It worked for Miguel Gonzalez, just like it did for Bud Norris. Gonzalez took a two-hit shutout into the eighth inning, Jonathan Schoop homered and J.J. Hardy hit two RBI doubles to lead the Orioles to a 4-2 victory over the Los Angeles Angels on Tuesday night. Gonzalez (5-5) was recalled from Triple-A Norfolk, where he was optioned on July 11 so that he wouldnt get stale after consecutive eight-inning no-decisions. Norris, who was optioned to Double-A Bowie on July 10, beat the Angels 4-2 Monday night in his return to the rotation. Were fortunate they both had (minor league) options," manager Buck Showalter said. "I think Bud was a day away from not being able to get optioned because of his service time, so it was a good catch by our front office. "It worked out well for both of them because they also got to spend some time in their hometowns out here. You just dont want to see guys lie around too long during the break and be inactive, but we have a lot of starters with options. So thats why we were able to do it." Gonzalez (5-5) allowed two runs and three hits in 7 2-3 innings, including a two-run homer in the eighth by All-Star game MVP Mike Trout after a walk to No. 9 hitter Hank Conger. The Angels other hits against Gonzalez were singles by Efren Navarro in the third and fifth innings. "I think it was beneficial for me, to go down there and keep doing what I was doing, and not getting that extra rest — especially after the last two outings I had," Gonzalez said. "Im pretty happy about everything in general tonight. I gave us a chance to win a ballgame." Showalter added: "Thats as good as you can see a guy pitch, especially in a hostile environment against a really good team. Thats about as sharp as Ive seen Miggy in a while. He had everything working and everything at his disposal, and he had command of it." Tommy Hunter, making his 200th career appearance, retired Albert Pujols on a grounder for the final out of the eighth and Zach Britton pitched a perfect ninth for his 18th save in 21 chances. Hunter, who was converted into a full-time reliever by the Orioles last season, lost his closer role to Britton in mid-May after consecutive blown saves. Since then, Hunter has yielded three runs and struck out 11 in 18 1-3 spanning 17 appearances — and has not allowed an earned run in a career-best 12 straight outings. Cheap Authentic Jordans. Britton has allowed eight runs and fanned 27 in 29 1-3 innings over 29 appearances since taking over as closer. "So far, Zachs done a good job," Showalter said. "But who knows? We might need Tommy to go back there again. I dont know if anybodys smart enough to know exactly how things are going to turn out. But so far, so good." Angels left-hander Hector Santiago matched zeroes with Gonzalez through five innings, allowing just two hits before rookie Mike Morin took over in the sixth. "Early on I was just trying to battle a little fatigue," Santiago said. "I was kind of under the weather the last couple of days. I definitely felt the fatigue kind of like building up right there in that first two innings. Then I just had a high pitch count, so I had to maintain myself and control it." Morin (2-3) threw his second pitch into the dirt and to the backstop as his left knee appeared to buckle. Manager Mike Sciocsia went out with a trainer to check on him, and the right-hander made three warmup tosses before striking out Adam Jones and Nelson Cruz. But Chris Davis reached on an infield hit and came all the way around on Hardys double to right-centre. Schoop homered to left-centre two pitches later for his eighth homer — all on the road. Schoop was originally in the No. 9 spot in the order, but got bumped up to seventh after third baseman Manny Machado was scratched just before game time because of tightness in his lower back. "Ive never had something like this before. It just spazzed up on me," Machado said. "The trainers worked on it a little bit and I went back out there before the game, but it kept locking up on me. So I thought it was just better to sit it out and let someone else take my place and help the team win. Its still a little tight, but I got a shot and well see where we are tomorrow." Hardy drove in Baltimores final run in the eighth against Fernando Salas. NOTES: With the victory, the Orioles ended the Angels streak of 10 consecutive series won at home. RHP Chris Tillman puts his 6-0 road record on the line against Jered Weaver in Wednesday nights series finale. ... The Angels hadnt lost a series at the "Big A" since May 5-7, when the Yankees took two of three. ... The Orioles cleared a spot for Gonzalez on the 25-man roster by optioning RHP Preston Guilmet to Triple-A. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel