Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • December 29, 2018 10:38 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

he grew up with in Hartsville

Canadas Mark Arendz battled through brutal race conditions to win the bronze medal in the mens 12. Authentic James Harden Jersey .5-kilometre standing category at the Paralympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia on Tuesday. With rain pelting down and dense fog socked into the Laura Nordic Stadium, the 24-year-old took advantage of the weather he grew up with in Hartsville, Prince Edward Island to grab his second medal of the week. Arendz clocked a time of 30:31.0. "To get a medal is awesome and that was the goal," said Arendz. "There were mistakes out there both in shooting and on the course so it was not a perfect race, but anytime you are on the podium I have to be happy because this is strong field." In a race that puts a premium on shooting, the soft-spoken Canuck rattled off 19 of 20 shots in his four rounds on the range. The miss in this third bout of shooting sent Arendz to do one150-metre penalty loop. "The warm up was tough today, and it was hard to see the targets early (because of the fog)," said Arendz. "It was the same conditions for everyone. I wasnt perfect in shooting so I know there are still mistakes that need to be cleaned up." Arendz was in a dogfight for the gold with two of his closest rivals, Russias Azat Karachurin and Norways Nils-Erik Ulset. Karachurin also missed just one target en route to winning the gold medal with a time of 29:30.0 (0+0+0+1). Missing two shots in his final stop at the range, Ulset hamered his way around the course on the skinny skis to edge Arendz for the silver medal with a time of 30:24.6. "I felt a little tired today, and I just didnt have quite the snap that I had on the first day," added Arendz, who had a lightening quick final lap. "The conditions stayed hard so I was able to put down the power I had. Everything is there. I just need to put it all together. Earlier this week, Arendz became the first Canadian ever to win a silver medal in biathlon at the Paralympic Winter Games. Brian McKeever, guided by his brother, Arendzs coach Robin, were the only other Canadians to win a para-biathlon medal when they captured the bronze in 2006.  The two-medal week now makes Arendz the most successful Canadian biathlete at the Paralympics. Recognizing the bright future ahead of him, four years ago the wide-eyed Canadian walked into his first Paralympic Stadium in 2010. His goal was take in the Paralympic experience. This time around things are different. "This time it is strictly business," said Arendz. "I have had four years of experience and feel that I am strong in all race distances. I want to be on the podium every time. It was not a perfect race today. I still havent been perfect shooting, and I dont want to leave Sochi until I do that." Earlier in the day, Ottawas Caroline Bisson suited up in the womens 10-kilometre standing race. Bisson finished in 11th spot with a time of 39:53.9 (2+0+1+0). Russias Alena Kaufman missed just one shot while posting the golden time at 29:57.1 (1+0+0+0). Authentic Clint Capela Jersey .  "For the past several weeks, Logan has been dealing and playing with an upper body injury," said general manager Doug Wilson in a statement. "Despite his efforts to play through it, the injury has not responded as we had hoped and Logan has made the decision to undergo a surgical procedure to repair the problem. Authentic Ryan Anderson Jersey . -- Wes Welker is unlikely to suit up for Denvers game Thursday against San Diego after leaving Sundays win over Tennessee with his second concussion in four games.PITTSBURGH, Pa. - Road games havent been much fun for the Carolina Hurricanes this season. Road games against the Pittsburgh Penguins, one of NHLs top teams in the league, have also proven difficult.That wasnt the case on Friday night.Nathan Gerbes power-play goal broke a third-period tie, helping the Hurricanes to a rare road win, 4-2 over the Penguins.Were striving to get some wins here, Hurricanes goalie Cam Ward said. To be able to beat the Penguins in their own building is a huge confidence builder.Gerbe scored his third goal of the season at 3:10, and Jiri Tlusty pushed the lead to two in the closing seconds with a power-play tally into an empty net for his 10th goal.Tlusty also scored in the first period and added an assist on Patrick Dwyers second of the season in the second for a three-point game. The Hurricanes had lost six of seven.Its always exciting to play against a high-skilled team like (the Penguins), Tlusty said. Were just trying to build our game, and I think we all bought in.Everyone was working hard and not giving them many chances or much space.The Hurricanes, who own the NHLs worst road record (3-9-2), finished their five-game trip with their second win of it. They had lost five of the previous six and eight of 10 against Pittsburgh.Ward, in his fifth straight start, made 20 saves.Winning is fun, Ward said. Unfortunately, we havent been winning too many hockey games, but to walk away with a win is huge.Patric Hornqvist scored his 11th, and Kris Letang had his fourth for the Penguins, who fell short of tying a team record for wins in November.Pittsburgh captain Sidney Crosby had two assists, extending his point streak against Carolina to 12, but took a goalie interference penalty that led to the winning goal.They just outworked us, Crosby said. Its not fun saying that after a game. Thats something that cant happen. We have to make sure we work harder.Marc-Andre Fleury made 31 saves on his 30th birthday, but took the loss.Carolina took a 3-2 lead when Gerbe received a cross-ice pass from Elias Lindholm and beat a standing Fleury with an under-the-crossbar wrist shot.Pittsburgh pushed for the tie with Crosby and Evgeni Malkin on the same line, but was forced to kill two penalties in the final five minutes.I thouught Carolina had more energy than us, for sure, Penguins coach Mike Johnston said. Cheap Rockets Jerseys. I give them credit for how they played with their speed and their quickness. We certainly werent on our game.The teams began a home-and-home set that will conclude on Saturday when Carolina returns home.We know theyre probably going to be much better, Ward said. We have to be ready for it.Ward was ready early, making a highlight-reel save to help the Hurricanes build momentum. Ward was beaten to the backhand, but recovered to make a diving desperation stick stop on Blake Comeau, who had a hat trick against Toronto on Wednesday.I didnt quite realize he was by himself, Ward said. He showed some good patience and had me sliding.Its just one of those things where you work your hand-eye co-ordination and throw the paddle up. I was fortunate to get a little lucky.The Hurricanes, who rank near the bottom of the NHL in first-period goal differential, built off the early momentum, outshooting Pittsburgh 17-9 in the frame and scoring the opening goal.Tlusty netted his first of the night at 15:47, throwing a shot from the left-wing boards that hit the skate of defenceman Olli Maatta and deflected over Fleurys shoulder.Letang tied it 43 seconds later when he pinched from the left point to tap the rebound of Nick Spalings shot into a partially empty net.Dwyer got it back at 2:54 of the second period when he unleashed a wrist shot over Fleurys shoulder.Hornqvist pulled the Penguins even at 2 at 15:52, taking a drop pass from Crosby and firing a wrist shot over Wards shoulder.But that was all Pittsburgh could manage as Carolina scored the final two goals in the third.The Penguins are an offensive team, but we were able to control our gaps and prevent them from getting some speed in the neutral zone, Ward said. It seemed to frustrate them a little bit.NOTES: Penguins C Marcel Goc (right leg) left in the first period after blocking a shot. ... Crosby tied Bob Errey for the ninth-most games played in Penguins history. ... Pittsburgh and Carolina will meet twice more this season after Saturdays matchup. ... The Penguins scratched RW Beau Bennett and D Robert Bortuzzo. LW Zach Boychuk, C Brad Malone, and LW Chris Terry sat out for Carolina. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays JerseysCheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel