Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 12, 2018 9:16 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

It could be short passes to tight ends T

KANSAS CITY, Mo. Tracy Walker Jersey . - Alex Smith doesnt care how the Kansas City Chiefs score touchdowns.It could be on running plays with Jamaal Charles and Knile Davis. It could be short passes to tight ends Travis Kelce or Anthony Fasano. As long as they are putting up touchdowns, and the Chiefs are piling up wins, the veteran quarterback will be happy.Nope, it doesnt bother Smith at all that no wide receiver has a TD catch this season.The most important thing is that were scoring, Smith said after a 24-10 victory over the New York Jets on Sunday. I think that speaks to the guys we have — we dont have guys looking at their numbers and fantasy numbers every week.Besides, the Chiefs (5-3) have won three straight and five of six. Charles and Davis have become a potent one-two punch, and their stingy defence shut down the Jets (1-8) in a game that was never really in doubt after the Chiefs took a 14-0 lead by the end of the first quarter.So if the biggest quibble in Kansas City right now is the inability of wide receivers Dwayne Bowe and A.J. Jenkins to get into the end zone, so be it.Im proud of them for starting with two losses and then coming back, putting some things together, getting some wins together, Chiefs coach Andy Reid said.Meanwhile, the Jets slide continued with another lacklustre performance.Michael Vick, starting in place of the injured Geno Smith, threw for 196 yards and a touchdown, missing one series in the fourth quarter after taking a blow to the head. He played well enough that embattled coach Rex Ryan plans to stick with him next week against Pittsburgh, but not well enough that the Jets could avoid their eighth consecutive defeat.I know I can still start, said Vick, who went through the NFLs concussion protocol before he was cleared to finish the game. Ive played in this league a long time and I believe in what I can do. ... Ill do everything in my power to get this turned around.The Jets hadnt lost eight straight games since 1996, when they went 1-15 in their final year under Rich Kotite. The franchise has never lost nine in a row, an embarrassment the Jets will try to avoid Sunday against the Steelers.This team, I think, you misjudge the character if you think losses are the only thing that identify this team. Thats not the case, Ryan said, when asked about the seemingly endless string of losses. This team is made up off character and these are mighty men. I hope like hell we dont have to endure too many more but we will, if thats the case.HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM: Chiefs linebacker Justin Houston, who had an NFL-leading 10 sacks entering the game, had two more on Sunday. He also sacked Vick 4 1/2 times last year, when the Chiefs played the Eagles. Its a group effort, Houston said. Im receiving all the credit, but I cant do it without everybody else.SPEAKING OF SACKS: The Jets had 24 sacks coming into the game, tied with the Chiefs for fourth-most in the NFL. Jason Babin had their only sack Sunday, and it didnt happen until there was about 2 minutes left. Yeah, that was one I was just going to keep the clock rolling rather than throwing the ball away there, Smith said.CHIEFS CRY PERCY: Jets wide receiver Percy Harvin was the lone bright spot, catching 11 passes for 129 yards in his second game since getting traded from Seattle. Overall, execution of the offence was pretty good, he said, other than we couldnt punch the ball in.BOWE PLATEAU: Bowe may not have a TD catch this season, but he still managed to reach another milestone. With six catches for 55 yards, he surpassed 500 catches in his career. Tony Gonzalez holds the franchise record with 916.GOAL-LINE GATE: The Chiefs have been impenetrable at the goal line this season, the only team in the NFL that has not allowed a rushing touchdown. The Jets had a couple of chances from the 3, throwing a TD pass on one of them and an incompletion on fourth down on another.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL Marvin Jones Jr Jersey . In Europe, top teams seem to be largely happy with their squads after spending nearly $1 billion in the off-season. And although English league clubs are unlikely to splash cash in January, Arsenal and Chelsea could be tempted to strengthen their squads with new strikers. Matt Cassel Jersey . Despite Barcelona showing the same vulnerability in defence, Messis best performance since returning from a lengthy injury layoff ensured that his side bounced back from a defeat by Valencia in the previous round.Here are five thoughts on the Toronto Raptors seven-game loss to the Brooklyn Nets in the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs. 1. JOE JOHNSON (Nets): If I had to pick the guy that was the MVP on this Series, No doubt in my mind it was him. Forget his numbers for a second which were impressive to say the least. It had more to do with his presence and the inability for the Raptors to find a viable/consistent solution to overcome his vast talents. Bottom line, hes a very difficult cover and his strength, post skills, passing ability, creativity off the bounce and distance shooting make him a fascinating and gifted offensive player. Give him credit, He took on all the challenges and made the adjustments and was the difference in this series.                  2. STATEMENT: Thanks again!  You - the fans have made a wonderful statement across the North American sports landscape and in the NBA community that Toronto and the country of Canada is a growing and vibrant hoops hotbed and will be heard from for generations to come. Cant tell you the impression its made on folks all across the NBA. Utterly remarkable to say the least. Great Opportunity for Raptors President and GM, Masai Ujiri, to now build from a position of strength in his retention and recruitment efforts as he formulates his vision for the long term success of the franchise. A step forward. Long way to go though - yet you can start to see the light.         3. KYLE LOWRY: No idea what will happen with him regarding his future with the Raptors. Im hopeful they can work something out. Ill say this though, the man has really impressed me this season. Every day he left everything out there on the floor for you and competed like few players ever have in a Raptors uniform. For that, we should be grateful and impressed at the same time. Hes been a joy to watch this season and an inspiration to so many young players that can learn from his sheer will and effort that you can overcome a whole lot if you give it your all. He came up short but the man is a winner. Fingers crossed it all comes together and hes back in Toronto.               4. MARCUS THORNTON (Nets): In a Game 7, many times you need that guy that just comes out of left field that gets you over the hump particularly when youre the road team. Tyrell Crosby Jersey. Give coach Jason Kidd credit, he played a great hunch and it paid off huge dividends for him. His perimeter shooting, creativity, rebounding and overall explosiveness were the edge the Nets sorely needed to pull off the road win in a deciding game. He was lousy in the early part of the series after playing quite well since being acquired from Sacramento but Coach Kidd showed renewed faith in him and was justly rewarded for it. Joe Johnson was the MVP but he was the difference.                         5. DWANE CASEY: Actions speak louder than words. Three years and each year his teams have gotten better and he has grown each year as a head coach. As good a coach as he is - and hes a very good one - hes an even better man. Class act. He did an outstanding job this year and when I reflect over the three year period he has been consistent and stayed true to his core beliefs which I truly respect. He led a team this year that had many limitations (as we could all plainly see in this Series) to 48 wins, an Atlantic Division title and came up a bit short to a much more experienced, talented and deeper Nets team. Yes - Were all bitterly disappointed in the loss of this series yet when you take time to reflect, this organization has a true leader who is bright, steady and wont be out-worked by anyone. When I evaluate a coach, I always point to year three as my barometer of where you truly judge them. Theyve had more than enough time to get things the way they want and now you want to see that vision unfold before you. He has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt in my mind that hes more than deserving of being the head coach of the Raptors and when I evaluate him against his peers Im quite impressed. As a former coach, I think I have a pretty decent feel when I compare/contrast coaches strengths/weaknesses and when I look at coach Casey I see a man who has rolled up his sleeves, paid his dues and is truly a right fit for the task of the challenges that lie ahead for the organization. Hes a coachs coach and I can tell you flat out that the men in his profession not only truly like him but all respect him tremendously. Happy for his success. Good man. Good things do truly happen for good people. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China NCAA Jerseys CheapNike NHL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel