Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • December 24, 2018 8:44 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Wood claimed his second Europ

Chris Wood has attempted to downplay his chances as he prepares to defend his Lyoness Open title at Diamond Country Club, live on Sky Sports. Cheap Air Max Shoes China . Wood claimed his second European Tour title in Atzenbrugg 12 months ago, a closing 67 giving him a two-shot victory over Spains Rafael Cabrera-Bello.The world No 23 returns to Austria on a high after winning the BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth a fortnight ago to vault himself into contention for a Ryder Cup debut at Hazeltine in September. Of course I should probably feel unbeatable this week, after the win at Wentworth and coming back here as defending champion, said the 28-year-old from Bristol. Wood claimed more silverware at Wentworth last month But anyone who knows golf will know that its a game where everything can change week by week.You never feel like youre unbeatable, so youve always got to keep on top of things and not get ahead of yourself because golf will bite you back very quickly. Its a new week this week and Im here to compete and hopefully do well. Chris Wood helps us recap the best bits on and off the course from last week at the Nordea Masters Coming back as a defending champion is a great feeling and obviously you come back with great memories from last year. With that comes a little bit of added pressure but obviously I know I can play well around this course, so hopefully I can give it as good a run as I gave it last year.Ive got to beat some good players this week though. Obviously its hard to win any event on the European Tour. Its four days of golf against some great players. 2016 BMW PGA champion Chris Wood looks back on his tournament and says to win with his family there was amazing One of the Englishmans main rivals is likely to be  home favourite Bernd Wiesberger, who won the title in 2012 and was second in 2014, although the Austrian has yet to record a top-10 finish on the European Tour this season.I wanted to be fresh for my home event so I had a couple of days off in Vienna, the world No 47 said.I used the time to play 18 holes here on Tuesday and had a good look at the course and what its going to be like. I built that into my practice with my coach last week at home. Bernd Wiesberger is hoping for another home victory at the Lyoness Open Everybody - from the Swedish guys last week, the English guys at Wentworth - wants to play in front of their home crowds and also in front of family and friends. They will be here this week for me too in good numbers so that motivates you on top of the fact that its your home event.Im looking forward to it, hopefully the weather will be good for us and the course is in good shape so its all set for a good tournament.Even though my focus is on this week, its also great preparation for whats ahead in Oakmont [for next weeks US Open]. Im expecting a tough battle over there but thats also the kind of course for which my game is well-suited. Also See: Woods rise to the top WATCH: Wood presents season pass Nordea glory for Fitzpatrick Wood snatches Wentworth glory Cheap Air Max China Free Shipping . -- Detroit shortstop Jose Iglesias says he has stress fractures in both legs and isnt sure when hell be able to play again, leaving the Tigers two weeks to fill his spot for opening day and perhaps a lot longer. Cheap Air Max Shoes Online . The outdoor event will be played on Dec. 31 between alumni of the New York Rangers and Philadelphia Flyers at Citizens Bank Park, the home of the Philadelphia Phillies. TURIN, N.Y. -- Kevin Ward Jr.s friends, family and fellow racing enthusiasts overflowed a high school auditorium Thursday to grieve and share stories about the 20-year-old dirt-track racer whose car was hit by one driven by NASCAR champion Tony Stewart. With Ward lying in an open casket decorated with racing flags and piled with orange flowers, his familys team colours, mourners shed tears and laughed at favourite stories about the boy who began racing when he was barely more than a toddler. The 90-minute service was held at the South Lewis Senior High School auditorium to accommodate crowds of people from the close-knit central New York racing community. "Even if he had rough day, he always had a smile," a tearful Dylan Swiernick said of his best friend and car-obsessed buddy. "We were just two small-town boys trying to make it in the big world. He was always working on something. It was unbelievable how smart he was. He never got down on himself when things werent going his way." Ward, a 2012 South Lewis graduate, was buried in his nearby hometown of Port Leyden, 55 miles from Syracuse. "He was an amazing sprint car driver and had a family like no other," his cousin, Amanda Ward, said in a eulogy. "We used to tell him before every race, Drive it like you stole it. He never let us down." His sister, Kayla Herring, said the orange and white lapel ribbons worn by family and friends were to signify that the team colours would remain bright, even in the darkest times. There was barely a dry eye in the auditorium as a recording of the Dixie Chicks singing "Godspeed, little man, sweet dreams, little man," was played at the request of Wards mother. Wholesale Air Max China. After the service, as Wards casket was taken to the hearse for the short trip to the cemetery, mourners let loose helium balloons in orange, white and black. Ward died Saturday night at a track 140 miles away in Canandaigua, where Stewart was riding a day before the Sprint Cup race at Watkins Glen. The accident touched off debates as video of the crash circulated online, with fans questioning whether Stewart, known for his hot temper, tried to send his own message by buzzing Ward, or whether Ward recklessly stepped onto a dark track clad in black. Stewart was racing a day before the Sprint Cup event at Watkins Glen. After a bump from Stewart sent Wards winged car spinning into the wall, the young driver climbed out and walked onto the track in his black firesuit, gesturing angrily. Stewarts No. 14 car seemed to fishtail, and Ward was thrown through the air as his parents and fans watched in horror. No charges have been filed, but Ontario County Sheriffs deputies are still investigating. Ward grew up in a racing family and started racing go-carts at age 4. He moved on to sprint cars and was Empire Super Sprint racing rookie of the year in 2012. He was one of a small, tight group of drivers that travelled to various races around New York state, parts of Canada and Pennsylvania. Racing and working on cars in his fathers shop, Westward Painting Co. of Lyons Falls, were his "double love," Wards father told the Post-Standard of Syracuse this week. "His goal was ... the World of Outlaws," the top level for sprint cars, Ward said. Authentic Nike Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Tennessee Titans Jerseys CheapAuthentic Nike Washington Redskins Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Arizona Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Denver Broncos Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Green Bay Packers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike New England Patriots Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Oakland Raiders Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Seattle Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Carolina Panthers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Cleveland Browns Jerseys Cheap Cheap Throwback Baseball Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Atlanta Braves Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Baltimore Orioles Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Boston Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago Cubs Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago White Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cincinnati Reds Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cleveland Indians Jerseys ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel