Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • December 13, 2018 8:01 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

who took the advantage in the early

LAS VEGAS -- He carried a two-fight losing streak into his bout with Gray Maynard, but Nate Diaz had a scintillating performance in a first-round TKO win. Wizards Jerseys China . The bout served as the featured matchup of Saturdays The Ultimate Fighter 18 Finale event, which took place at Las Vegas Mandalay Bay Events Center. It was Maynard (11-3-1) who took the advantage in the early going, scoring a takedown and looking to attack from top position. But Diaz (17-9-0) refused to stay on the floor and continually worked back to his feet, even after Maynard answered with a slam to the canvas. Once there, Diazs boxing did the rest. A stiff land hand started the assault, and as Maynard staggered against the cage Diaz unleashed a non-stop barrage of strikes. Dazed and bleeding, Maynard simply couldnt recover from the non-stop pressure. Referee Yves Lavigne gave him every chance to recover, but Diaz continued the onslaught until he earned the TKO finish, and Maynard stumbled to the canvas as the fight was waved off at the 2:38 mark of the first round. "I could tell he was out, but he wouldnt drop," Diaz said. "Ive got to keep throwing to drop these fools. Maybe the ref shouldve stopped it earlier, I dont know." In the nights co-feature, Team Tate fighter Julianna Pena overwhelmed former world boxing champion Jessica Rakoczy of Hamilton en route to claiming the womens bantamweight tournament title. Pena rushed forward at the opening bell, walking through Rakoczys punches to get into a clinch and bring the fight to the floor. Once there, a relentless attack saw her move quickly to mount and unleash a dizzying barrage of punches and elbows from the top. Rakoczy tried desperately to escape the position but Pena was simply too much. Referee Mario Yamasaki watched the action closely, offering warnings along the way, and eventually waved off the fight with one second left in the first round. With the victory, Pena became the first female winner in "The Ultimate Fighter" series history and earned a six-figure UFC contract. "I figured she would go to her strengths and use angles and try to box me, but I didnt give her any space. I was relentless," Pena said after the win. "I never thought there would be women in the UFC, so to be the first female The Ultimate Fighter winner is amazing." In the mens tournament final, Chris Holdsworth (5-0) impressed in a second-round submission win over Davey Grant (8-2), also scoring a six-figure UFC contract in the process. Grant looked to be the stronger fighter to open, rattling off powerful punches that just missed their target. But a wiry Holdsworth pushed forward with counters and constantly looked to take the fight to the floor. Hed get his chance in the second round. After avoiding a few more powerful punches, Holdsworth changed levels and brought the fight to the floor before moving swiftly to the back in a crafty transition. Once there, he made use of the opportunity, immediately working for a rear-naked choke. While the first effort failed, a second attempt saw the arm slip under the neck, and the tap came at the 2:10 mark of the second frame. "If you chase your dreams, they will come true," Holdsworth said after the fight. "Daveys a family man and a role model, but tonight was my night." In the evenings opening matchup contestants Jessamyn Duke (3-0) and Raquel Pennington (4-3) each picked up clear-cut decision wins. Duke out-struck fellow Team Rousey fighter Peggy Morgan (2-1) over the course of their three-round affair, utilizing a crisp left hand to batter her opponents face for the entirety of the matchup. Despite boasting a reach advantage, Morgan struggled to find the target and was out-struck 123-34 according to a FightMetric report, and Duke earned the fight with scores of 30-27 on all three judges cards. "Getting this fight is a huge weight off my shoulders, and Im honoured to fight in the UFC," Duke said after the win. "I can finally share everything about this life-changing experience of being on The Ultimate Fighter." Meanwhile, Pennington didnt necessarily look to be clicking on all cylinders during her three-round clash with Roxanne Modaferri (15-11), but still did enough to pick up a convincing victory. Modafferi moved well throughout the contest, looking to create angles and avoid her opponents power. And while she attempted 218 strikes to her opponents 86, she landed only 22 per cent of her blows as opposed to Penningtons 60 per cent. In short, when Pennington pulled the trigger, she was successful. Although shell need to be more active in future appearances, Penningtons effort was enough to score a win, 30-27, 30-27 and 29-28. "Im happy with the win, but knowing my capabilities I didnt fight my best fight," Pennington said after the win. "I wasnt happy because I have very fast hands, and I didnt really display those. Maybe it was because of my nerves." Cheap Wizards Jerseys Free Shipping . Smith, who raised eyebrows at the CFL combine in March with his ability on both sides of the ball, confirmed in a statement he tested positive for the anabolic steroid Stanozolol prior to auditioning for league officials. Wholesale Wizards Jerseys . -- Green Bay wide receiver Greg Jennings will be on the sideline as the Packers make their push for a perfect regular season.SAN DIEGO - Andrew Miller would have been happy to set up David Robertson with the Yankees. Now hell get a chance to take over as New Yorks closer.I would have absolutely zero qualms about him being in the mix, Miller said Monday before Robertson agreed to a $46 million, four-year contract with the Chicago White Sox. Honestly, I think hed make us better. Whatever it takes for us to win is what Im on board with.A 6-foot-7 left-hander who is 29, Miller agreed Friday to a $36 million, four-year contract and joins a bullpen that also includes All-Star Dellin Betances, Shawn Kelley and Adam Warren.Robertson saved 39 games in the first season after Mariano Riveras retirement, then left as a free agent after declining the Yankees $15.3 million qualifying offer. Miller or Betances figures to take over the ninth-inning role next season.Im pretty confident in myself. I think I can get three outs at any point in the game, wherever that may be, Miller said during a telephone call with New York reporters. Whatever it is, its fine with me. I want to win. I want to shake hands and high five at the end of the game. If have to get two outs in the sixth, theres value in that. Were starting to finally understand that theres outs in the game that may be more important than the last three outs in the game in the ninth inning.Miller told teams during negotiations that his exact role wouldnt be a factor in his decision.I have no ego and Im ready to fill whatever role is necessary or fits best for the team, he said. If Im hhanding the ball off to somebody, whoever that may be, I have no problem with that. Authentic Austin Rivers Jersey. Miller turned down a $40 million, four-year offer in favour of the New Yorks proposal. He lives in Tampa, Florida, where the Yankees hold spring training.Thats two months I get to spend at home that I wouldnt have otherwise, and thats one less move for my wife and my child to make, he said. So that certainly makes life easier. I dont know that thats the kind of thing that I can put a financial value on.Miller was 5-5 with a 2.02 ERA for Boston and Baltimore and held opponents to a .153 batting average this year. He averaged 14.87 strikeouts per nine innings, second in the major leagues behind Cincinnatis Aroldis Chapman (17.67) among pitchers who faced at least 50 batters.He made his big league debut at the original Yankee Stadium in August 2006, pitching a hitless eighth inning in Detroits 2-0 loss in the opener of a day-night doubleheader. Just 21 years old and only three months removed from college ball at North Carolina, Miller retired Melky Cabrera on a lineout to right, hit Craig Wilson with a pitch, got Johnny Damon to hit into a forceout and induced Derek Jeter to ground out.I think walking to that mound in that stadium is incredible, he said. Nothing could really compare to that old Yankee Stadium and how on top of you the upper deck was. ... To pitch against the Yankees, thats like doing something in the movies. Its hard to recreate or ask for, but its a pretty special experience. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel