Xchange (Forums) Xchange (Forums) Art/Creativity
  • Topic: How do I stop my subwoofer from humming.

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • May 16, 2022 3:22 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

How do I stop my subwoofer from humming.

The humminess that your subwoofer emits can be very annoying and can be hard to detect. The good news is that the subwoofer's hum can be fixed without filtering out the audio signal or changing the power connection. To solve the problem, you can try the following solutions:

You may be experiencing a ground loop, which is a problem where a ground-current is introduced to the subwoofer. If you've tried switching to a different electrical outlet, the hum may go away. If not, it's best to check your subwoofer's cables or replace them. This might be necessary depending on the location of the humming subwoofer.

The problem could be the power source. It could be plugged in the wrong way. If it's the power source, you can switch to an AC ground adapter. Make sure to choose one that has a uniform-sized set of prongs. If you're unsure of the proper size of the AC plug, you can look for them in home improvement stores. If none of these steps work, you can try reversing the polarity.

The hum can also be caused by an unfavourably located cable. It could also be caused by electromagnetic interference signals that affect the subwoofer's output. These noises vary in intensity based on the volume and power level of the device. Another possible cause is a humming loop. If this is the case, the next step is to fix the humming loop. Then, you can start enjoying the music that your subwoofer has been causing.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel