Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • December 6, 2018 8:03 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Begium or Spains Roberto Carballes Baena

CASABLANCA, Morocco -- Fifth-seeded Joao Sousa of Portugal beat Igor Sijsling of the Netherlands 6-2, 6-4 on Monday to reach the second round of the Grand Prix Hassan II tournament. Authentic Mathieu Joseph Jersey . Sousa broke Sijsling twice in each set and won 81 per cent of his first-serve points and next plays against either David Goffin of Begium or Spains Roberto Carballes Baena. Carlos Berlocq of Argentina also advanced with a comfortable 6-4, 6-1 win against Teymuraz Gabashvili of Russia. Berlocq broke Gabashvilis serve four times. The Russian player struggled throughout on his serve, making eight double-faults and getting only 37 per cent of his first serves in. Berlocq next faces either eighth-seeded Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain or Mikhail Kukushkin, who played for Kazakhstan in its 3-2 loss to Switzerland in their Davis Cup quarterfinal last weekend. Tampa Bay Lightning Shop Free Shipping . Bookies were offering odds of 13/1 before kickoff that the home team Houston Dynamo would prevail by three goals to nil. Authentic Danick Martel Jersey . Simon (10-3) allowed three runs on five hits and three walks in 6 1-3 innings to break a tie with the Dodgers Zack Greinke and Cardinals Adam Wainwright for the NL lead in victories. Simon went to spring training as a relief pitcher and moved into the starting rotation when Mat Latos was recovering from elbow and knee surgeries.Sam Merson speaks to Sky Sports News HQ about St Albans Citys FA Cup first-round tie with Carlisle and following his father Pauls footsteps in the competition. Its a cold Thursday November evening in North London and a community artificial pitch, with dim lighting, is split into three.One third hosts some kind of boot camp fitness session, the middle section is a kids kick-about and then, in the third, is St Albans City, preparing for an FA Cup first-round match. The players are watched by manager Ian Allinson, part of the Luton team that reached the 1988 FA Cup semi-finals, but not before he battled with kids parents at pick-up time for a spot in the tight car park.Among those warming up is a striker with a familiar surname and a familiar squad number - the hero of the last round, a man who scored the winner to set up this weekends tie with League Twos Carlisle United.As he wheeled away to celebrate his first-half strike at Egham Town last month, all eyes were on Merson 10. Sam Merson, Paul Mersons son, is hoping to steal the FA Cup headlines on Sunday when St Albans plays Carlisle United Sam Mersons father, Paul, is no stranger to FA Cup success, having won the competition with Arsenal. He also played for Aston Villa in a narrow defeat against Chelsea in 2000.I wasnt born in 93 but I remember going to a few finals at Wembley, Sam told Sky Sports News HQ. Merse v Merse predictions Paul Merson and Sam Merson go head-to-head this week I ring him every Saturday before he goes on Sky and he gives me pointers. Ill always talk to him about football but theres never any pressure from him.Paul, the Arsenal legend, will put his allegiances to the Gunners to one side this weekend as he travels to St Albans for his sons game, meaning he will miss the North London derby.And the Magic Man, usually prevented from attending games due to his Soccer Saturday commitments, is relishing the opportunity to observe Sams ability in the air. Paul Merson was on tthe losing side as Chelsea beat Aston Villa in the 2000 FA Cup final I havent seen him yet this season because he always plays on a Saturday, he said. Authentic Louis Domingue Jersey. . With his jump, Id back him against anyone.Im not going to put him in the Cristiano Ronaldo category, but it would be interesting to see who could leap the highest.Sam takes the praise in stride.One game I went up for a header and it stuck with me, he said. Ive never worked on it. Paul Merson said Sams athleticism reminds him of Cristiano Ronaldo Sam, like many, has been inspired by the Jamie Vardy story. From non-league to the Ballon dOr shortlist via Premier League triumph, Vardy has given lower-league players hope.Theres a lot of talent at this level, Sam continued. Some of the players you play against and wonder why they arent playing at a higher level.Hopefully, more can progress through the ranks and go on and play for England.Its a view echoed by Paul Merson. Jamie Vardys rise should give non-league players hopes, according to Paul Merson After what happened with Vardy, youd think people would be down watching those leagues a lot, he said.Theres a lad at Maidenhead [David Tarpey] who has 20 goals in 15-odd games. Youd like to think people would be watching him.Carlisle, Sundays opponents, are unbeaten in English footballs fourth tier and currently sit second in the division. Paul is well aware that cup shocks can happen. I played in the lower leagues and what Carlisle have done so far this season in going unbeaten and scoring in every game is some going at that level, Paul said. Watch NOW TV Watch Sky Sports for just ?£6.99. No contract. It will be a tough game for St Albans but Ive played in some cup shocks. I was manager at Walsall when we got beaten at Slough and I played at Arsenal when we lost against Wrexham.Anything can happen on Cup days. I think the last 20 minutes will be the most important of part this match.Theres no pressure on us, Sam said. We just need to go out and give it our best shot.Can Sam call on any of his dads attributes as a player? Wrexham knocked Arsenal out of the FA Cup third round in 1992 No, Sam said. He was more of a creator and I like scoring the goals.Another winning FA Cup goal on Sunday will continue to help Sam Merson make a name for himself.  Also See: FA Cup news Fixtures Score Centre Get Sky Sports cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseyscheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel