Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • April 1, 2020 9:18 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

ouchdown on five

Nassau, Bahamas (SportsNetwork. Joe Montana Super Bowl Jersey .com) - Brandon Doughty threw for 483 yards and five first-half touchdowns as Western Kentucky rolled out to a huge lead then shook off a shocking final series of plays to a 49-48 victory over Central Michigan in the inaugural Bahamas Bowl. Doughty completed 31 of his 42 tries for the Hilltoppers (8-5), with Anthony Wales and Leon Allen adding a rushing score apiece. Willie McNeal led his club with 153 yards and a touchdown on five receptions, while Jared Dangerfield, Mitchell Henry Antwane Grant and Joel German each contributed a TD grab. Cooper Rush tossed seven TDs -- four of them to Titus Young including an improbable score with one second remaining -- and 497 yards on 28-of-45 attempts for the Chippewas (7-6). Davis ended up with seven catches for a game-high 202 yards, Courtney Williams recorded touchdowns on two of his three receptions and Anthony Garland added a scoring grab. Martez Walker totaled 69 yards on nine carries. Steve Young Super Bowl Jersey . -- Max Domi scored twice and set up two more as the London Knights toppled the visiting Kingston Frontenacs 6-4 on Sunday in Ontario Hockey League action. Dwight Clark Super Bowl Jersey . Playing in his 19th career final, the second-seeded Tsonga was favourite to win the Open 13 for the third time and to secure an 11th career title, but he struggled with Gulbis attacking approach.CLEVELAND -- Sitting on a stage last week alongside No. 1 overall draft pick Andrew Wiggins and new coach David Blatt, general manager David Griffin said he hoped this would be a monumental off-season for the Cavaliers. Its already been quite a summer. And LeBron James is still out there. Cleveland kept its momentum rolling early Tuesday by getting All-Star point guard Kyrie Irving to agree to a new, five-year, $90 million contract extension. Irvings deal, completed with a handshake in New York with owner Dan Gilbert, cements a commitment with Cleveland that wasnt always so strong. "Im here for the long haul Cleveland!!!! And Im ecstatic!!" Irving wrote on his Twitter account shortly after the agreement was reached. "Super excited and blessed to be here and a part of something special." For months, Irvings future with the Cavs seemed uncertain. There were reports he wasnt happy in Cleveland as well as speculation the Cavs didnt believe he was a cornerstone player. There were trade rumours and rumblings the team was not going to offer him the maximum extension. Whatever differences there may have been seem to have been worked out. Griffin, who likes to refer to his team as "family," has the Cavs united. James surely has noticed. The Cavs have waited four years for their chance to lure the four-time league MVP back home. This may be the perfect time. Because Irvings extension doesnt kick in until the 2015-16 season, the Cavs have room under the salary cap to pursue free agents. They would have to move some other contracts if the reports are accurate that James will only sign for a max deal. Griffin has said clearing space to accommodate a five-year, $120 million contract would be extremely easy. The hard part might be getting James to believe the Cavs, who have not made the playoffs since he left in 2010, are title contenders -- now. Theyve got some quality pieces for sure, but do they have enough? Irving, who played in a career-high 71 games this past season, has established himself as one of the NBAs elite point guards, and now that the contract situation is no longer an issue, it may unburden him to play the best basketball of his life. C. J. Beathard Super Bowl Jersey. The 6-foot-8 Wiggins would have been the top pick a year ago if he hadnt gone to college and James has long admired the 19-year-olds gifts. Its somewhat interesting that Griffin said Wiggins potential greatness would come at shooting guard, perhaps leaving an opening at small forward for a certain former Cavalier. To entice James, the Cavs may need to make a blockbuster move. Theyve got some assets to play with and a trade involving talented guard Dion Waiters could bring back a starter. Griffin hinted that he isnt done remodeling the Cavs. "We need to continue to work on the defensive side of the ball," he said at Wiggins introductory news conference. "We need to get better from a basketball IQ standpoint, from a shooting perspective. And all of those moves will be forthcoming." For several years, the Cavs have been involved in trade rumours involving Kevin Love, who has one year left on his deal with Minnesota. If Cleveland can package the right pieces together, they may be able to pry Love away from the Timberwolves. Love and James were teammates four years ago in the London Olympics, where they helped the U.S. win a gold medal. Back then, James said that when he won his first championship with Miami, his thoughts quickly shifted to Cleveland and what might have been. "I wish I could have won one there," he said before a practice. "I could only imagine how the parade would have been down East Ninth Street. Of course I thought about it because Cleveland helped me get to that point. The days that I spent there helped me get to the point where I was able to finally win one. Its just unfortunate I wasnt able to do it there." Its possible James will re-sign with the Heat and the Cavs will move on without him. But if they decide to pursue the two-time champion in the days ahead and get a meeting with James, the Cavs can sell their team and tug at his heart. James has never rejected the idea of a return to Cleveland. Maybe this is the summer to mend fences and start anew in a familiar place. ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel