Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 23, 2020 6:24 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

t," said trainer Buddy McGirt, w

MONTREAL - Aging junior-middleweights Delvin Rodriguez and Joachim Alcine will get to fight again another day. Walt Merrill Jersey Retro . The pair battled to a draw over 10 clench-filled rounds on Friday night at Montreals Olympic Stadium. Judge Jack Woodburn saw things for the hometown fighter Alcine with a 96-94 scorecard while Benoit Roussel scored the action for the visiting Rodriguez, 97-93. Judge Pasquale Procopio scored things even at 95-95. "We upset the apple cart just a little bit," said trainer Buddy McGirt, who reunited with Alcine for the first time since 2009 when he guided the Haitian born fighter to a pair of victories. "Im happy with the draw, I dont think they could have called it any other way. It was close. All we had to do with this fight was keep it basic, use the jab" Rodriguez, who was coming off a three destruction at the hands of former champion Miguel Cotto, maintained he won the fight but thought that his own performance could have been better. "Coming back I was tight in there, really tight. I couldnt get my combinations going in there like I usually do. But I still believe I won the fight cleanly. He never caught me with a clean punch and was never able to hurt me." The bout often resembled exactly what was, two fighters on the back-nine of their careers, often sloppy, filled with lots of holding and ordered breaks from referee Michael Griffin. Alcine (35-7-2) was at his best when working his jab but only occasionally was he able to follow it up with anything significant. The former world champion was a long way from his glory days of 2007 where he held the WBA championship belt at 154 pounds. The Montreal fighter who now calls California home once again kept his best for the crowd of approximately 1,500 who were clearly on his side. It is the second time Alcine has been brought in as an opponent, and the second time he has surprised. In 2011 he was brought in as fodder for middleweight hopeful David Lemieux who was coming off his first career loss. Alcine shocked the Lemieux and the world with a majority decision in their 12 round bout. Instead of reviving his career, Alcine proceeded to lose his next five fights. At 38, Alcine was supposed to have been the perfect tonic for Rodriguez (28-7-4) who fallen against Cotto and in his shot at the 154-pound crown in 2012 versus Austin Trout. "We were brought in to lose," said McGirt, glad of the effort his fighter put in. "It was a frustrating fight, anytime I got close to the guy, he kept on grabbing me," said Rodriguez. "Im sure when I get back home and watch the fight, Ill see I clearly won it." Alcine predictably also thought he was on the winning side. "This was not the right decision for this fight, The guy is young," said the former champ of his 34 year-old opponent. All the eyes are on him and for them, Im old. I think for next time, there wont be any doubt, I will win by knockout. No doubt." Cheap Jerseys 2020 . Hargreaves began his career in 2008 with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and has played with the Edmonton Eskimos and last season with the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Ray Neal Jersey Retro . The 26-year-old slider from Calgary posted a time of 50.464 seconds, 0.573 seconds back of leader Natalie Geisenberger. The German led the overall World Cup womens standings this season and continued her dominance by putting down a track record time of 49.BOSTON -- Avery Bradley simply couldnt hold back that little smile. Bradley scored 24 points as the Boston Celtics beat the Orlando Magic for the second time in four days, 120-105 on Monday night. When asked if he was surprised the Magic kept leaving him open for mid-range jumpers, Bradley had a slight grin before saying, "A little. But once it started going, I was praying it would keep falling, and it did." Bradley hit 10 of 15 shots, pairing with Jordan Crawford to provide a solid backcourt duo that carried the Celtics to their fourth straight win after they opened the season with four losses under first-year coach Brad Stevens. Crawford, who took over the point when Stevens moved Bradley to the shooting guard spot, had 16 points and 10 assists with no turnovers in 32 1/2 minutes. "Yeah, theyre playing really well together," Stevens said. Kelly Olynyk and Jeff Green each also had 16 points for Boston. The Celtics shot 60 per cent (51 for 85) against an Orlando team that entered the night with the NBAs second-best field goal percentage defence. "One of those days," Stevens said. "You know youre going to get jump shots because thats what they force you into. Normally, those are inefficient shots." Arron Afflalo had 18 points and seven assists, Victor Oladipo scored 17 points and Nikola Vucevic had 15 points and 10 boards for Orlando, which dropped its 16th straight road game. "We did a poor job tonight," Magic forward Maurice Harkless said. "They just made shots tonight, so you have to give them credit. We just didnt find a way to stop them." It was Bostons 10th straight win in the series, dating back to the Magics victory at home on Christmas in 2010. The Celtics won 91-89 at Orlando on Friday night. The Magic never seemed to be able to slow down Bostons offence. "It was pretty much all game long," Afflalo said. "I really dontt feel like we were really in the game at any point just simply because we couldnt get stops. Randy Coffield Jersey Retro. . You know to win on the road you have to get stops." The Celtics led by nine at the half and took complete control early in the third behind Bradleys scoring. "Weve grown a lot offensively," Bradley said. "At the beginning of the year, it was stagnant. Now were moving the ball a lot." Bradley nailed his first four shots in the quarter to go along with two free throws, pushing Bostons lead to 75-64 midway into the third. The Celtics extended it to 87-72 on Courtney Lees 3-pointer from the left corner with 53 seconds left in the quarter and led by 13 heading to the fourth. They didnt let the Magic back into it in the final quarter, opening a 98-80 lead on Greens jumper from the left corner with 8 1/2 minutes to play. Lees putback gave Boston its first 20-point lead of the night, 104-84, with 6:35 left. The Magic got no closer than 12 points the rest of the way. Boston shot 62.5 per cent in the first half and held a 59-50 halftime edge. Behind a strong shooting start in the opening quarter, the Celtics led 31-25 at the end of one. Boston connected on 13 of 19 attempts in the quarter. After the Magic pulled to 39-37 midway into the second, the Celtics went on a 16-6 run over the ensuing 5 minutes en route to their halftime advantage. NOTES: Stevens didnt want to talk about how well his teams defence has been just yet before the game. "Im the wrong person to talk to about that," he said before saying, "it could be a lot better." The Celtics entered the night allowing the sixth-fewest points per game. ... The game was the nightcap of a NHL/NBA doubleheader in TD Garden. The Bruins beat Tampa Bay 3-0 in the afternoon. ... The Celtics held a moment of silence for victims of Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines. ... Orlando was holding teams to 40.3 per cent shooting before Monday. ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel