Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 20, 2020 9:15 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Scotland.McIlroy

SAINT-QUENTIN-EN-YVELINES, France -- Four-time major winner Rory McIlroy roared back into contention at the French Open on Friday, sinking six birdies in a 5-under round of 66 to join a five-way share of the lead. Kendall Fuller Super Bowl Jersey .The Northern Irishman could have taken the overall lead at the Le Golf National course -- which is hosting the 2018 Ryder Cup -- but a poor tee shot on the 18th hole led to a bogey.South Koreas Wang Jeung-hun matched McIlroys 66, while Thongchai Jaidee of Thailand -- who was one stroke behind overnight leader Lucas Bjerregaard of Denmark -- posted a 1-under 70 for a share of the lead. The other co-leaders, Mikko Ilonen of Finland and South African Brandon Stone, had 68s.Bjerregaard is three shots behind after four bogeys in a 74.I played well. I kept the ball in play, I drove it well, hit fairways, hit a lot of greens. Thats sort of what you need to do around this golf course, McIlroy said.I felt like I putted nicely. There were still a couple of putts that didnt quite drop but it felt good out there. I need two more days like that over the weekend to have a chance.McIlroy was five shots off the lead overnight after an opening round where he struggled with his swing.In a way its nice to go into contention and not really be thinking about the result, said McIlroy, currently in the spotlight because of his decision to miss the Olympics over concerns about the Zika virus.He is using the tournament as a warmup for the British Open, starts July 14 at Royal Troon in western Scotland.McIlroy announced in April that he was skipping the Bridgestone Invitational to instead play at the French Open for the first time since 2010.While the five-man leading group has 28 European Tour wins between them, the chasing pack is strong.Defending champion Bernd Wiesberger of Austria was at four under alongside Nicolas Colsaerts and Anders Hansen, with Joost Luiten, Francesco Molinari, Thomas Pieters and Andy Sullivan a further shot back.Wiesberger had five birdies in his first eight holes but his momentum was ended by a triple-bogey and a bogey-bogey finish.There are four qualifying places for the British Open up for grabs They will go to the leading four players, not otherwise exempt, who finish in the top 12 and ties. Derrick Nnadi Super Bowl Jersey . Bryzgalov stopped 25 shots on Saturday in the Oklahoma City Barons 4-1 victory over the Abbotsford Heat. The Oilers signed Bryzgalov to a one-year $2 million contract last Friday after shedding payroll by dealing defenceman Ladislav Smid to the Flames. Darrel Williams Super Bowl Jersey . After a first half in which he thought "the lid was on the basket," the Toronto Raptors coach watched his squad mount a second half surge to defeat the Cleveland Cavaliers 98-91. http://www.officialkcchiefspro.com/Bashaud-breeland-chiefs-jersey/ .Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone has drawn on his Syracuse connections once again by hiring Rob Moore to take over as receivers coach. PITTSBURGH -- The scheduled starters for Saturdays Cincinnati-Pittsburgh game at PNC Park have had an eventful week, for different reasons.Reds right-hander Homer Bailey returned Sunday after 15 months between major league starts because of Tommy John surgery. Two days later, he was vocal in criticizing the club for trading slugger Jay Bruce.Pirates right-hander Ivan Nova, meanwhile, was directly part of the trade deadline flurry. Pittsburgh acquired him from the Yankees for two players to be named. He will be making his debut with his new team Saturday.The game will be the second of the series, after the Pirates won 3-2 on Friday.Nova joined the Pirates on the road and during his first pregame appearance in the Pittsburgh clubhouse, he was pulled in a few directions to tend to some equipment needs, publicity photos and such.But it sounded as if Nova would have some comfort level Saturday night.I have the advantage that the catcher who will probably be catching me is a guy that Ive known for a long time, he said of Francisco Cervelli. Hes a really good friend of mine. We have good history.In fact, Nova worked with Cervelli and another Pirates catcher, Chris Stewart, during his time with the Yankees. Stewart (knee) is on the disabled list.I came from the American League to the National League. Theres a lot of hitters I dont know, Nova said. They have an idea how to pitch to them.Nova was 7-6 with one save and a 4.90 ERA in 21 games with New York. He moved from the bullpen to the rotation in early May. In 15 starts, he is 6-5 with a 4.86 ERA.Nova doesnt plan on changing a lot and had not spoken with Pittsburgh pitching coach Ray Searage about his delivery.I dont think I have any mechanical probleems, Nova said. Darron Lee Super Bowl Jersey. My job is to go out there and execute my pitches.For hitters, that usually means a heavy diet of Novas sinker.The way I think is, if you dont show me you can hit my sinker, why (would) I stop throwing it? he said.Nova got some insight to life in the Pirates clubhouse from left-hander Francisco Liriano, a friend who was traded by Pittsburgh to Toronto on Monday.He also got the standard mantra from Pittsburgh manager Clint Hurdle: The organizational themes, to shrink-wrap it: You fear nothing. You respect everything. We hold ourselves to a very high level of execution in what we say and do. We dont make excuses. We play for the name on the front and represent the name on the back. If youre going to get your name in the paper, keep it in the sports page.Bailey, if he were under the Pirates watch, wouldnt have violated Hurdles mandates, but surely didnt get rave reviews from the Cincinnati management for questioning the motives behind the Bruce trade.I think I see the plan, Bailey told ESPN.com on Tuesday. They talked about us losing 100 games at the beginning of the year, and (expletive), were damn sure trying, arent we?Two days earlier, Bailey was basking in a successful return from his long injury absence. He allowed two runs, struck out six and walked three in 5 2/3 innings in a 3-2 victory against San Diego.He was sharper than I thought he would be, catcher Tucker Barnhart told Cincinnati.com. When Homers elevating and getting swings-and-misses on fastballs up, hes at his best. It just opens up his split and his breaking balls even more. ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel