Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 19, 2020 7:52 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

that will keep the coach in

MIAMI -- Pat Rileys pitch to Miami Heat free-agent targets will include an optimistic view of Chris Boshs potential return to the court next season and the long-term stability of coach Erik Spoelstra, league sources have told ESPN. Jimmy Smith Jersey .com.Bosh is making progress in his recovery from recurring blood clots that have cut short each of his past two seasons, according to a source with knowledge of Boshs condition. Both Bosh and the Heat continue to work toward the goal of having the perennial All-Star power forward available for the start of training camp, sources said.Neither Bosh nor the Heat have said publicly where Bosh is in his recovery or whether the 13-year veteran has continued a regimen of blood-thinning medication. Bosh was the Heats leading scorer and best 3-point shooter when he was sidelined at the February All-Star break and went on to miss the final 29 games of the regular season as well as Miamis playoff run into the second round.Boshs $23 million salary due next season will count against the Heats salary cap regardless of whether he plays, but that salary would come off the books in February if he is unable to play in a game next season and retires because of the medical condition. Last month, Riley said Boshs status was the X factor in determining where the Heat stood entering free agency.That is the difficult thing for me in evaluating how far weve come and how good we are, Riley said entering the summer. It really cant be answered. It can only be answered hypothetically if Chris was healthy. Then you would have a real idea, probably, about how everything would fit.Meanwhile, the Heat have determined that Spoelstra will be a long-term fit with the roster as the two sides finalize a contract extension that will keep the coach in place for at least the next three seasons. Spoelstra, 45, was set to enter the final season on his contract, but the team had always planned to extend a deal that would grant him a pay raise and increased role in personnel matters, sources said.Miami has roughly $42 million in salary-cap space, nine free agents to address and a Sunday meeting in New York scheduled in an effort to woo marquee target Kevin Durant to South Florida. Before then, the Heat must determine whether to offer center Hassan Whiteside a contract of $98 million over four years or let the top big man on the market bolt for another team eager extend him a max deal.Whitesides journey has been well-chronicled during his two seasons in Miami, where the former second-round pick of the Sacramento Kings landed after he initially washed out of the league and toiled through stints in Lebanon and China.Riley recently met with Whiteside to set the course for free agency, but the NBAs leading shot-blocker has lined up sessions with the Dallas Mavericks, Portland Trail Blazers and Los Angeles Lakers in the initial hours of free agency. Keeping Whiteside remains among the top goals for the Heat, but Riley is also prepared to pursue secondary options among a group of available centers that include Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol, Joakim Noah, Al Horford, Al Jefferson, Bismack Biyombo and Roy Hibbert.Whiteside, 27, said last week that loyalty to the Heat wouldnt be a major tipping point in a decision on his future he hopes will crystalize by Friday night. After earning the league minimum of $990,000 last season, Whiteside could command as much as $22 million in first-year salary on his next contract.I hope its an easy decision, said Whiteside, who finished third in NBA Defensive Player of the Year voting and ranked in the top five in blocks, rebounds and field goal percentage last season. I find it flattering because in my past I was trying to call teams [for tryouts]. Now its the other way around.Franchise pillar Dwyane Wade, 34, has privately warned against taking him for granted and has not ruled out exploring opportunities with other playoff teams.Wade, who has spent all 13 seasons of his career with the Heat, has said for months that his hope is to remain in Miami his entire career. Wade also said he didnt foresee going through another difficult negotiation similar to the one last summer, when his agent and Riley eventually stepped aside as Wade and Heat owner Micky Arison met at Wades home to hammer out a one-year, $20 million deal.But I dont pay myself, Wade said last month after having played in 74 games, his most in five seasons.This offseason shapes up as the biggest free-agency period Riley and the Heat have faced since James left to return to Cleveland in 2014. Riley insists hes ready for another major offseason challenge, one that includes making the last currently scheduled recruiting pitch to Durant this weekend.Why wouldnt I be optimistic? Riley said recently of Miamis general free agency plans. Plus we have flexibility this year and next year. To me, the only way you can make a dramatic change in your team is to get a proven superstar, if you can, some way, through free agency. Every now and then, it happens. I think you have to look at it and you have to keep yourself a little bit of flexibility for that to happen. Brandon Carr Jersey .com) - The Chicago Blackhawks aim for their third three-game winning streak of the season when they host the struggling Edmonton Oilers in Sundays battle at the United Center. Jason Brookins Jersey . -- When the Florida Panthers fell behind by two goals in the first period to the top team in the NHL, it appeared they were on their way to yet another loss. http://www.customravensjersey.com/custom-brynden-trawick-jersey-large-1453d.html .J. -- Marty Brodeur beat the Pittsburgh Penguins yet again. Its easy to get overwhelmed amid the 41 bowl games that will be played between Dec. 17 and Jan. 2. But fear not, Insider is here to help.Weve asked our experienced group of gambling experts -- Phil Steele, Will Harris, Stanford Steve Coughlin, Chris Fallica and Rufus Peabody -- to provide a bet on every bowl game.If youre going to bet on a bowl game this season, this is the file you need to read. It will be continuously updated throughout bowl season with fresh information.All game times listed are Eastern. Lines are from Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook, as of Wed. Dec. 14.Note: College Football Playoff semifinals will be addressed in a separate file.?Dec. 21San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia BowlBYU?(-9) vs. Wyoming 9 p.m., ESPN Quaalcomm Stadium, San DiegoPickCenter consensus: 53 percent BYUPhil Steele: Although this is the first bowl game for Wyoming head coach Craig Bohl, he had great success in the FCS playoffs, in which he guided North Dakota State to three national championships. DeAnthony Thomas Jersey. Kalani Sitake is in his first FBS postseason as a head coach at BYU as well, and his squad has a big edge on defense and special teams, making it the stronger team overall. Wyoming has competed well against the top teams on its schedule, though, including beating Boise State, Air Force and San Diego State outright as a double-digit underdog. ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel