Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 18, 2020 7:54 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

get through my pitche

DENVER -- Tyler Chatwood returns to the Colorado Rockies rotation on Saturday, confident the back problems that twice forced him to the disabled list this season will not plague him in the final month of the season. Yeezy 500 Wholesale .Chatwood, who is 10-8 with a 3.75 ERA, was reinstated from the disabled list (mid-back strain) before Fridays game. He last started for the Rockies on Aug. 14 at Philadelphia and allowed six runs (four earned) in four innings.After the game, Chatwood said his back strain limited him to throwing to his arm side -- inside to a right-handed hitter and away to a lefty.My ball was flat, Chatwood said before Fridays game. Everything was up, not being able to extend and get through my pitches. So everything was flat and (I was) missing up.Chatwood made a rehab start for Double-A Hartford on Monday and threw 73 pitches in 4 1/3 innings while allowing two unearned runs.I feel like I have (downward) angle, and Im able to throw like I want to, Chatwood said.Chatwoods first trip to the disabled list came after a June 18 start at Miami where he lasted 1 2/3 innings before being forced out by back soreness. He was reinstated from the disabled list on July 5.Chatwood said his goal in the final month of the season is to just pitch like I was at the beginning before I got hurt, try to find that again. I think I created bad habits by my back (being strained). So just try to work through those, stay on target, help us win games.Chatwood has thrown 127 1/3 innings in 22 starts this season. He underwent his second Tommy John surgery in July 2014 after pitching 24 innings for the Rockies that year and didnt pitch for them last season.Hence, the Rockies were going to monitor Chatwoods innings this season, and his time on the disabled list essentially accomplished that objective. But Chatwood wasnt expecting to miss time because of back soreness.In the grand scheme of things, I dont know if they were going to let me throw a lot more innings than Im going to end up throwing anyway, Chatwood said. So I think itll work out the same. But its just frustrating going through what I did and having to be on the (disabled list) for a back issue.In seven career appearances (six starts) against the Diamondbacks, Chatwood is 4-1 with a 3.75 ERA. Three of those starts came at Coors Field, and Chatwood is 2-1 with a 5.93 ERA in those games.Chatwood is 2-1 with a 3.38 ERA in there starts this season against Arizona. He lost the last one on May 9 at Coors Field, allowing six runs and seven hits in six innings in Arizonas 10-5 win. Chatwood is 4-7 with a 5.83 ERA in 12 home starts this season and 6-1 with a 1.82 ERA in 10 starts on the road.Rookie Braden Shipley will oppose Chatwood. Hes 2/3 with a 4.75 ERA in seven starts. The last was Aug. 26 against Cincinnati, a no-decision in which Shipley gave up four hits and one run in seven innings with four walks and one strikeout in a game the Diamondbacks won 4-3 in 11 innings.Shipley made his major league debut on July 25 and has never faced the Rockies.Outfielder Socrates Brito is expected to start Saturday for the Diamondbacks. They recalled him from Trople-A Reno on Friday to take the roster spot of outfielder Michael Bourn, who was traded Wednesday to Baltimore for a minor league outfielder.Brito, who began his fourth stint with the Diamondbacks this season, hit .294 in 73 games at Reno with 10 doubles, eight triples, six homers and 39 RBI. He suffered a fractured right big toe when he fouled a ball off his foot on June 23 during Arizonas last visit to Coors Field but appeared in six games from Aug. 9 to Aug. 14 with the Diamondbacks before rejoining them Friday. In 19 games with them this season, Brito is hitting .185 (10-for-54) with two homers and five RBI.Were excited, Arizona manager Chip Hale said before Fridays game. He has gotten really hot down in Reno, so well get him in the game hopefully tomorrow and start him, get him going and keep him hot. In this (spacious) ballpark, hell be an integral part of the defense.Is he going to play every day here? Probably not. When the Triple-A season ends (Monday), well probaby get (Mitch) Hanigar back and Pete OBrien. Theres going to be a lot of at-bats to divide up in the outfield. Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Clay For Sale . They had already blown a double-digit lead, fans were hitting the exits, and a long seven-game road trip waited at the end. Fake Yeezy Boost 750 For Sale . Vancouver Whitecaps and Toronto FC failed to make the postseason while Montreal Impact fell at the first hurdle losing heavily to Houston Dynamo in the Eastern Conference Knockout Round. http://www.cheapyeezyswholesale.com/yeezy-boost-350-v2-for-sale/discount-yeezy-350-v2-turtle-dove.html . "I dont know that were close," said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "I just think, right now, the acquisition cost just doesnt work for us right now. I dont know if I can quantify how far off or things like that that they might be but I would say we continue to have dialogue. In a year that already has proved to be massive for the UFC, with one major card after another, UFC 205 on Nov. 12 at Madison Square Garden in New York looks to be the biggest and most important of them all. In honor of such a marquee event, ESPN.com is providing dedicated previews to all 13 bouts on the card, breaking down whats at stake and projecting who will win, along with quotes and statistics for each fighter.Womens bantamweights: Liz Carmouche (10-5) vs. Katlyn Chookagian (8-0)Odds as of Nov. 2: Carmouche +165; Chookagian -190Whats at stake?Carmouche ready to end unwanted layoffAfter her last fight in April 2015, Carmouche asked the UFC for a short break to get some personal affairs in order. The problem was, once she was ready to start up again, the promotion evidently wasnt on the same page.Feels like Ive been asking to fight for a full year now, Carmouche said. I honestly dont know what happened. I thought maybe Id made someone mad and got blacklisted. The only thing I can imagine is discussions for the purchase of the UFC put things on hold -- but if booking me to a huge card in New York was their way of saying, Sorry this took so long, Ill take it.Carmouche, 32, did participate in an Eddie Bravo Invitational grappling match in September, which was broadcast on UFC Fight Pass. Even with the time off, Carmouche wouldnt be far away from title contention if she were to get past the undefeated Chookagian.I believe I built momentum competing in jiu-jitsu, showcasing all the skill sets I have, Carmouche said. Winning this fight just progresses that momentum and gets me back in title contention.Chookagian: I think I represent the newer generationWhen UFC 205 was first announced, the 27-year-old Chookagian immediately pulled up the UFCs female roster and liked what she saw.The promotion is not flush with female talent based out of New York. Chookagian, a Philadelphia native who now fights out of New Jersey, figured she had a shot to make the card.Im pretty lucky to be on this card, considering this is only my second UFC fight, Chookagian said. But I also had a feeling Id be on the card. Im pretty much the only girl signed in either diviision who is from the East Coast, New York area. Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Discount. I was holding on to that, thinking maybe it would get me on here.In addition to her locale, Chookagian is also one of the better prospects in female MMA. She started taekwondo when she was 4, and got into karate a few years later. By the time she was 15, she had already won an amateur Golden Gloves boxing tournament. She trains her striking under standup coach Mark Henry, who will be in the corners of Eddie Alvarez and Frankie Edgar on Nov. 12.Currently, I think the womens side of the sport is where the men were a few years ago, Chookagian said. I feel like most of the women are only dominant in one area of MMA. Thats why youve seen, in the bantamweight division, there has been a different champion every fight lately. A lot of that has to do with matchups.I think I represent the newer generation. I have equal experience in different areas of fighting.Statistical comparisonCarmouche: 10-5 record (2-3 in UFC); past three fights have gone to decision (1-2 record)Carmouche: 11 takedowns landed in past four fightsChookagian: 8-0 record (1-0 in UFC); five of eight wins by decisionChookagian: Defended three of four takedowns in UFC debut (UD3 over Lauren Murphy)BreakdownThis bout sets up as a potential passing of the torch for contender status within the division -- unless its just too early for Chookagian.Carmouche will battle a size disadvantage, which could make things especially difficult as grappling is her clearest path to victory. Chookagian is a mobile, high-paced striker with a jab that is pretty efficient at maintaining the distance she wants.What Carmouche lacks in size at this weight, she makes up for in strength. Chookagian also doesnt carry a lot of knockout power, which means theres a solid chance Carmouche will get a full 15 minutes to work her takedowns. If you look over Carmouches record, her toughest foes mostly have been bigger grapplers. Chookagian is definitely bigger, but her grappling is less proven.PREDICTION: Chookagian by decision. ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel