Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 17, 2020 7:40 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

seasons in Indianapolis with

ALLEN PARK, Mich. Vapormax Sale Outlet . -- Detroit Lions head coach Jim Caldwell believes he absolutely got a fair shake from the Indianapolis Colts when he was fired after three seasons in January 2012.This comes as Caldwell prepares to take the Lions to Indianapolis on Sunday to face the Colts -- the first time hell coach a game inside Lucas Oil Stadium since he was let go after the 2011 season.Ill just tell you this and I think you know me from all these years that I believe that this is a game where you have to win football games, Caldwell said. You dont win football games, youre subject to be fired. Ive always believed that and not only that, you have a right to be. Ive always believed that and never will change in that regard. Dont back away from it. Thats the nature of our business. Since I started coaching years ago, I always believed that to be the case so we got to do our part.Caldwell spent 10 seasons in Indianapolis with Peyton Manning. He was Mannings quarterbacks coach and the Colts assistant head coach. He was elevated to head coach after Tony Dungy retired following the 2008 season. Caldwell led the Colts to a Super Bowl appearance in his first season, losing to the New Orleans Saints.The Colts won the AFC South again in 2010 and lost in the wild-card round to the Jets. In Caldwells third season, Indianapolis went 2-14 with Manning missing the entire season with a neck injury. Owner Jim Irsay cleaned house after the season, firing Bill Polian and then Caldwell. Caldwell finished his three seasons in Indianapolis with a 26-22 record and a 2-2 record in the playoffs.Positioned with the first pick in the 2012 draft, the Colts then took the quarterback who will face Caldwell on Sunday -- Andrew Luck. Caldwell, from afar, is impressed with Luck.What I know about what we scouted him when he was coming out, hes a third-story intellectual, Caldwell said. Hes big, strong, fast and he can throw the ball extremely well, make all the throws. Thats what I know about him from that standpoint. Nike Shox Mens Clearance . 1 position. The Mustangs (6-0), who beat Queens 50-31 last weekend, earned 17 first-place votes and 287 points in voting by the Football Reporters of Canada. Western was last ranked first in the country in October 2011. Air Force 1 Wholesale .C. -- Manny Malhotra had two goals and an assist, leading the Carolina Hurricanes to a 6-3 win over the Ottawa Senators on Saturday. http://www.nikeshoesoutletwholesale.com/nike-shox-sale.html . SIMONS ISLAND, Ga. Friday in Las Vegas provided a first look at Brandon Ingram, Jamal Murray and Buddy Hield, but it was No. 5 overall pick Kris Dunn who had the arena humming after a nasty double-crossover.Heres what else was buzzing around the UNLV campus on Day 1 of the Las Vegas Summer League:Pelicans Cheick Diallo: Hes a talkerEvery time [Hield] says, Cheick, you talk too much. Because Im trying to give him [defensive directions], like, OK, go right, go left. Im like, Bro, Im there behind. So when I say go right, I can see it. Because all defense, you have to trust each other.Sometimes he says, Cheick, tell me earlier. And I say, OK, I got you, boss. -- as told to Justin Verrier, ESPNExecs still processing free-agency dealsSurprised by the spending in NBA free agency this summer? So are team executives.Despite planning for the salary cap to jump from $70 million to $94 million, executives are still having a tough time understanding some of this summers most lavish deals. The profligate spending helps explain why the league is no longer planning for such a large shortfall in what players are owed this summer, causing a reduction in the projected 2017-18 salary cap. -- Kevin Pelton, ESPN InsiderTimberwolves Dunn impressive in debutDunn looks physically dominant. He has a great combination of strength and length.The Providence College product changes speeds well and his handle was tight. But I wasnt enamored with his after-the-play antics: staring down the Denver Nuggets bench after a made shot, flexing after another. And hes clearly pushing off before shooting.The adjustmments Dunn makes during the week will be interesting to observe. Air Max 270 Sale Outlet. -- David Thorpe, ESPN InsiderI love playing for LakersThis is Larry Nance Jr. on Lakers rookie center Ivica Zubac, who finished with 11 points, 5 rebounds and 3 blocks in his summer league debut: Even during the game, there was one point when [Zubac] came up to me and said, I love playing for Lakers. I was like, I know, man. Me, too. This is fun.Hes great to be around and hes going to be a great locker room guy. Like I said, we love having him around. -- as told to Baxter Holmes, ESPNYoung Nuggets take their talents to USA SelectThe Nuggets were the darlings of summer league last year, with Emmanuel Mudiay leading the way along with All-Rookie First Team selection Nikola Jokic. And the 2016 incarnation seems to be following in the same suit after strong performances by Mudiay and Gary Harris.The work doesnt stop after the tourney, as Mudiay and Harris head to USA Basketball camp as part of the Select Team scrimmaging against the mens Olympic team. Nuggets staffers are thrilled with their inclusion, and think it will be a rewarding experience for them, not only for skill development, but also for their growth as team leaders. Head coach Mike Malone said hes looking for Mudiay to take that next step as a leader on the floor, both in terms of his grasp of game management as a point guard and as an example for younger players. -- Amin Elhassan, ESPN Insider ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel