Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 16, 2020 10:55 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

we had a really slow

COLLEGE PARK, Md. Kyler Fackrell Super Bowl Jersey . -- Maryland coach Brenda Frese wondered if her players were fully awake for their late morning tip-off against in-state foe Mount St. Marys.They had turnovers, breakdowns on defense and uncharacteristically missed open shots. However, it didnt take long for the No. 6 Terrapins to fix the problem. Brionna Jones finished with 18 points and 10 rebounds to help No. 6 Maryland rout the Mountaineers 106-42 on Friday.Ieshia Small had 14 points off the bench for Maryland (3-0). Shatori Walker-Kimbrough, Kaila Charles and Jenna Staiti added 10 points apiece for the Terrapins, who shot 58 percent from the field.I thought we had a really slow, sluggish start, Frese said. Our shots werent falling and we werent as crisp as we usually are. The second half was a much better indicator of how we want to play for 40 minutes.The Mountaineers (1-2) trailed only 18-13 at the end of the first quarter. But the Terrapins used their size to take control. The 6-foot-3 Jones scored 12 points to boost the lead to 34-18 with 3:37 left in the second quarter.We have a lot of weapons on our team, Jones said. Anybody can come off the bench and score. Were just going to keep playing our brand of basketball.The Mountaineers tried to stay in the game by hoisting three-pointers, but they went 3 of 21 and trailed 37-20 at the break. They finished 7 of 32 from behind the arc.A pair of free throws and layup by freshman Destiny Slocum boosted the margin to 57-25 midway through the third quarter, and the only uncertainty was whether Maryland would score 100 or more points for the third straight game.A 3-pointer by Sarah Myers gave Maryland a 100-39 lead late in the fourth quarter.Katrice Dickson led Mount St. Marys with 12 points.I thought we played really well in the first quarter, Mountaineers coach Bryan Whitten. We became very undisciplined on the offensive side in the second quarter. You give up 37 points in the first half, you think youre in a good spot.BIG PICTUREMount St. Marys: The Mountaineers started four guards to play uptempo and put their best shooters in the floor. The strategy worked early before the Terrapins did a better job protecting the ball and wearing them down.Maryland: Frese is pleased with the quick start of her team, which has averaged 104 points in three games against much weaker programs. Her deep roster will help create matchup problems for most opponents this season.FAB FRESHMANMaryland freshmen Destiny Slocum and Kaila Charles were in the starting lineup for the third consecutive game. Both played well enough to maintain those spots. Charles scored in double figures for the third time, and Slocum has seamlessly run the plays at point guard.FINDING A HOMEThe Mountaineers Mikal Johnson, a graduate transfer, is playing for her third college program. Johnson played two seasons at Rider, where she was a MAAC All-Rookie Team selection, and then one year at Liberty. After scoring in double figures in each of the first two games, Johnson had three points against Maryland.UP NEXTMt. St. Marys: The Mountaineers host Fairfield on Sunday.Maryland: The Terrapins play at Niagara on Sunday in their first road trip. Ray Nitschke Super Bowl Jersey . Pedro scored from a pass by Lionel Messi in the 33rd minute and added two more goals in the 47th and 72nd after Valdes saved his second penalty in four days following his stop in Wednesdays 4-0 over Ajax in the Champions League. Kenny Clark Super Bowl Jersey . -- Kyrie Irvings last-minute 3-pointer helped seal another victory for Cleveland -- and the Cavaliers longest winning streak since LeBron James left. https://www.packersrookiestore.com/Packers-Rashan-Gary-Jersey/ . According to a report from the Winnipeg Free Press, the Bombers will name Acting GM Kyle Walters to the post full time. Kadeena Cox was overcome with emotion after defying the doubters by winning Paralympic cycling gold, 24 hours after taking bronze in athletics and two years after being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.The 25-year-old from Leeds won a sensational gold in the womens C4/C5 500 metres time-trial on Saturday to become the first Briton in 28 years to win medals in two sports at the same Paralympics.It was one of three gold medals for Britain on day three of the Games as ParalympicsGBs tally moved to 35, 15 of them gold.Andy Lewis won PT2 triathlon gold as the sport made its Paralympic debut at Copacabana beach, while Hannah Cockrofts T34 100m gold was one of four British athletics medals in six minutes at the Olympic Stadium.But the days undoubted British highlight was Cox, who claimed T38 100m bronze on the athletics track on Friday and emulated Isabel Barrs success from 1988 in Seoul.Cox was tearful on the podium, recalling her two-year journey from stroke symptoms in May 2014 which were later diagnosed as MS, a progressive disease which made her determined to compete in two sports in Rio.Im just so happy that Ive finally done it and Ive got so far -- this time two years ago I was at home, about to go into hospital to get my MS diagnosis, she said.To have come this far in such a short pperiod of time is just a relief. Preston Smith Super Bowl Jersey. Im glad that Ive done it. A lot of people thought I wouldnt be able to and there were moments when I doubted myself.I knew when the classification got changed it was going to be the point where I worked my hardest. I absolutely dug in and gave it everything. I knew on my day Id be good enough to beat anyone and Ive done it.World champion Cox won gold in a world record of 35.716 seconds. The event was factored in her favour, so her time was rounded down to 34.598 seconds, but she was quicker than everyone else regardless.Cox was elated after her athletics bronze behind teammate Sophie Hahn on Friday, but had immediately jumped on a bike to begin the transition for the velodrome.I didnt come down as quickly as I wanted to -- I was on a high, she added. I jumped on my bike as soon as I got off the athletics track, just to get back into bike mode.Today I was plaiting peoples hair and watching [film] Coach Carter.Cox is scheduled to return to the athletics track in the T36-38 4x100m relay and T38 400m, while she is also entered in cyclings road race on the penultimate day of the Games. It will be her first road race. ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel