Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 16, 2020 9:19 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Truex was challenging Denny

All in all, Furniture Row Racing had a solid weekend at Watkins Glen. Air Max 270 React Brown . The team announced a two-year extension for driver Martin Truex Jr. and the addition of a second car in 2017 for Erik Jones.About the only time things didnt go right came on the racetrack. After leading opening practice Friday and posting the second-fastest lap in final practice later that afternoon, Truex appeared to be one of the race favorites.But things started going south in qualifying Saturday. Truexs qualifying lap was messed up when Ricky Stenhouse Jr. accidentally blocked him, and Truex failed to advance to the final round of qualifying. Stenhouse indicated it was an honest mistake -- he thought Truex was on his cool-down lap.All probably would have been forgotten if the last lap of the Cheez-It 355 didnt end up the way it did. Truex was challenging Denny Hamlin for the win when his trophy hopes were abruptly spun out in the final turn by Brad Keselowski.Truex had to settle for a seventh-place finish and a damaged car, a car that even had more damage after he gave Keselowski a few not-so-love taps on the cool-down laps.He said it was his fault, Truex said after a brief conversation with Keselowski. I said I knew that. Its as simple as that.To be honest, Truex doesnt know whether he would have been able to beat Hamlin in a drag race to the finish line. He just wishes he would have had the chance.Brad was making big moves and screwing up about every restart there towards the end, driving over his head trying to make something happen, Truex said. We were kind of a victim of that.Truex knows the only thing he lost was a chance at possibly three bonus points for the first round of the Chase with the win. But a victory also would have capped off the weekend perfectly.After an awful first year at Furniture Row in 2014, Truex has had two incredible seasons driving the No. 78 car. He not only has one win each year and advanced to the championship round in 2015, he has led more laps and miles than any other driver in the series this year.The move to Toyota for 2016 sparked enough support that the team, as long as it could land enough sponsorship, wanted to start a second car. With Bass Pro Shops committed to 16 races for Truex next year and 5-Hour Energy committed to 22 races for Jones, that leaves Furniture Row to fill in the remaining 36-38 events with some of its other sponsors.It also can put Furniture Row or Toyota (a big player in the deal) on the hood for select events, meaning team owner Barney Visser should not be pouring in as much money as when it was a one-car organization just sponsored by Vissers Furniture Row company.So the future looks bright, and the 2016 Watkins Glen weekend will always be looked at as a potential turning point. Even if looking back on Sunday will be frustrating.It wont matter that Keselowski took the blame.I thought the 78 [of Truex] was going to get in behind and kind of rough up the 11 [of Hamlin], Keselowski said. I wanted to be outside and make a crossover [move] to see if I couldnt get both. At the last minute he came back up and I was already committed.I didnt think hed come back up. You make a commitment before you know exactly whats going to happen. I made a commitment and it just didnt work out. He got the bad end of it.Whats Truexs plan?I dont run over people all the time, Truex said. I dont pull out in front of people in qualifying. Race me like I race you is all that I ask.Xfinity Series: Dont worry, be happyJoey Logano won for the second consecutive year at Watkins Glen in a race pretty much dominated by Sprint Cup drivers.Several series regulars had bad days. But even those who struggled know that with the new elimination Chase system being used in the Xfinity Series, they dont have to wig out over every bad finish.Darrell Wallace Jr. finished 29th but remained ninth in the standings. With a 77-point edge on 13th-place driver Ross Chastain, Roush Fenway Racings Wallace driving his Ford is virtually assured a spot in the 12-driver Xfinity championship when the field is set after six more races.[The goal is] just to get on a consistent roll from here to Homestead, Wallace said prior to the Watkins Glen race. If we start knocking away top-10s and getting into the top five by the time the Chase rolls around [we can contend].A win is at the top of our list, but we definitely have to do some cleaning up -- show up at the track more prepared, more close to where we need to be, and well be OK.Wallace said he can look forward to the postseason -- sort of. While Loganos win was the first for the Ford stable this year, Wallace knows that the Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota cars are going to be tough to beat.Theres something to look forward to, Wallace said. At the end of the day, theres really not [in some ways] because when you go to the racetrack now youre fighting for fourth behind the JGR cars.-- John Oreovicz contributed to this story. Air Max 270 Mowabb . -- Patrick Reed got an early start in golf. Air Max 270 Purple . He said Tuesday thats a big reason why he is now the new coach of the Tennessee Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off quickly with Ruston Webster when interviewing for the job Friday night. http://www.cheapairmax270react.com/air-max-270-react-cream-fake.html . In what the team had called a retirement, Ryan said Thursday that he is resigning as chief executive of the Rangers in a move effective at the end of this month. The lowdown on American archer Mackenzie Brown: She knits, line dances, used to be a competitive swimmer -- backstroke was her specialty -- and shoots arrows while listening to country music to hone her concentration.Then theres this: The 21-year-old from Flint, Texas, may just be the archer to interrupt the dominance of South Korea, the nation that has captured seven of the last eight Olympic gold medals in the womens individual event heading into Rio.Brown certainly has the aim to pull off the feat -- the poise, too.If I go in with the right amount of confidence, Im usually going to do really well, said Brown, whos attempting to become the first U.S. woman to win Olympic gold since Luann Ryon in 1976. Im my biggest competitor when it comes to that.Brown took third at a Rio test event last September at the Sambadrome venue, the iconic stadium designed for the Samba Parade at Carnival. She finished behind winner Choi Misun of South Korea and runner-up Tan Ya-Ting of Taiwan.(The stadium) is really catching to the eye, Brown said. Its going to be a really good venue.Brown will be the lone American woman competing in Rio after teammates Khatuna Lorig and Hye Youn Park narrowly missed making the Olympic squad. Lorig is a big name in archery circles for whats shes accomplished -- she was trying to make her sixth Olympic team -- and for being the one who enhanced the archery skills of actor Jennifer Lawrence for her role as Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games.Im just going to do my best and feel like thats going to earn me a medal, Brown said.She grew up a swimmer before being introduced to archery in middle school. From the start, she was talented -- winning tournaments in divisions above her age.I grew up in deep Texas, where all I heard of was bow hunting. I had this image of the movie `Robin Hood: Men in Tights. Thats what I knew about archery, Brown said. Soon, I found out it was so much more. It was something I definitely have a passion for.Typically, she will train to music in order to work on tuning out distractions. When shes not listening to counttry stars like Garth Brooks or George Strait, shes jamming to Meghan Trainor. Air Max 270 Flight Gold. eing able to push that (noise) away and focus on what I need to focus on, it becomes a benefit, explained Brown, whose hobby is knitting and makes garments to protect her equipment while traveling. Im just really looking forward to how things turn out.The archery competition starts Aug. 5. Here are some things to know:INSIDE SCOOPArchery targets are set up 70 meters away -- about three-fourths of an American football field -- and feature 10 rings with different point values and colors. For scoring purposes, remember this: Gold is great. White, not as much, and missing altogether even worse.KOREAN COMMANDThe South Koreans have such a deep archery program that defending mens individual champion Oh Jin-Hyek didnt make the squad. Also missing from the team is visually impaired archer Im Dong-hyun, who helped the country to a bronze medal in the team event at the 2012 London Games. On the womens side, Ki Bo-Bae will defend her gold. The South Korean women have also won every gold in the team event since it was included in 1988.BRAZILIAN HOPETeenager Marcus DAlmeida of Brazil is sometimes referred to as Archerys Neymar, because his quick rise to stardom -- much like the soccer great. DAlmeida will be one of the host countrys top medal contenders. The 18-year-old captured a silver medal at the Nanjing Youth Olympic Games in 2014.AMERICAN MIGHTThe American men have a full team in Brady Ellison, Jake Kaminski and Zach Garrett. Ellison and Kaminski led the U.S. to a silver medal in the team competition at the London Olympics.QUITE AN ACHIEVEMENTZahra Nemati of Iran is scheduled to compete in both the Rio Olympics and Paralympics. The 31-year-old earned a black belt in taekwondo before she injured her spinal cord in an accident in 2004. She took up archery soon after and captured gold at the 2012 London Paralympics in the individual recurve W1/W2. ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel