Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 13, 2020 10:41 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

o off his career high -- a

LOS ANGELES -- Doc Rivers push to transform DeAndre Jordan into a dominant interior defender is already paying dividends. Chiefs Super Bowl Jerseys . Challenged by Rivers before the season began to win the NBAs defensive player of the year award, Jordan is working toward the honour with the kind of performance he had against the Pelicans. Jordan had 14 points and 20 rebounds -- two off his career high -- and Blake Griffin had 21 points and 10 rebounds before fouling out with 4:05 left in the Los Angeles Clippers 108-95 victory Wednesday night. "Its fun to take on that challenge," Jordan said. "Its part of my job to be energetic. If Im not playing well I can still play with energy and that spark to get other guys going." Chris Paul added his own double-double against his former team, with 12 points and 11 assists in the Clippers third straight win. "Outstanding," Paul said of Jordans effort. "He had five blocks, too. He was MVP of the game. We were a little sluggish. D.J. kept telling us, Come on, fellas." Jared Dudley had 20 points, one of seven Clippers in double figures. Jamal Crawford scored 17 points, making 10 of 11 free throws, and Darren Collison added 14, hitting all nine of his free throws. "D.J. kept us in it with his defence and rebounding," Clippers coach Rivers said. "Hes just going after things. He accepts his role and hes become a star in it. Hes still going to score by doing all of that stuff." Anthony Davis led the Pelicans with 24 points and 12 rebounds in his return after missing seven games with a broken left hand. "Its great just to get back out there with my teammates, have fun and do the things that Im used to doing," he said. "Ive got to get back in a rhythm. You can work out for as much as you want and train as much as you want, but that game rhythm is a lot different. Hopefully it wont take me long to get my shot back and the plays I usually make and get back in the groove." Ryan Anderson added 17 points, Jrue Holiday had 13 points and 10 assists, and Tyreke Evans had a triple-double of 11 points, 13 rebounds and 10 assists after missing the past two games with a sprained left ankle. "When I got in and started running up and down the floor, it was a little tight. But coach kept me out there and it got looser," Evans said. "It was big (getting himself and Davis back), but were going to need everybody on this team. Everybodys a big key, but were still learning to play with each other." Austin Rivers, the 21-year-old son of Doc Rivers, had two points while playing 14 minutes in a reserve role. "Its my first time beating him so thats nice," said the elder Rivers, whose wife watched the game on TV. "She was cheering for Austin 100 per cent." New Orleans lost for the third straight game and fifth time in its past seven. The Clippers reserves carried them in the fourth when Griffin didnt score before fouling out. Willie Green hit two of their five 3-pointers in the quarter, with Dudley adding two of his four and Paul tossing one in, too. "We kept a double-digit lead but you never felt comfortable because we couldnt pull away," Rivers said. "We played pretty flat." The Clippers pulled away in the third after the Pelicans closed within four points. Crawford beat the shot clock with a 3-pointer, launching a 15-2 run that extended the Clippers lead to 70-53. Griffin scored six points. Davis scored the Pelicans final four points to get them to 78-65 heading into the fourth. NOTES: With no practice Thursday, comedy fan Griffin said he planned to see Will Ferrell in "Anchorman 2." ... Clippers F Matt Barnes dressed and was cleared to play, but didnt as he returns from surgery to repair a torn retina in his left eye. ... Former Clippers Eric Gordon (nine points) and Al-Farouq Aminu (six points) both started against their former team. Emmanuel Ogbah Super Bowl Jersey . So they rushed to re-sign the first baseman who general manager Ben Cherington described Friday as "a unique player." The World Series champions finalized a $32 million, two-year agreement Thursday with the slugging former catcher who turned into a surprisingly good defender. Tyreek Hill Super Bowl Jersey . Its great to be back for another season in Banditland, and Im looking forward to another competitive season with my teammates, said Tavares.GREENSBORO, N.C. - Ashley Wagner won her third U.S. title, bouncing back better than ever from last years miserable performance.Knowing she needed to up the difficulty of her jumps to compete with the worlds best, Wagner added two new combinations to her long program, and she landed both of them Saturday for a total of seven triples. Her 148.98 points for the free skate and 221.02 overall were U.S. Champiionships records, beating defending champ Gracie Gold by a whopping 15. Jordan Lucas Super Bowl Jersey. 48.When Wagner nailed her final triple lutz, she threw an arm in the air in celebration as her skate hit the ice.Wagner was the two-time defending champion coming into last years nationals. She fell twice in her free skate to finish a distant fourth, making the Olympic team only because of her past success. ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel