Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 26, 2018 9:09 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

first. "At the end of the day,

BEREA, Ohio -- Like reading a blitz, Johnny Manziel knew the questions about his off-field wildness were coming. Desmond Trufant Jersey . So the Browns quarterback struck first. "At the end of the day," Manziel said, "Ive made some rookie mistakes." On the eve of Clevelands first training camp practice, Manziel offered some regret about his well-chronicled weekend partying over the past two months. But as he prepares to battle Brian Hoyer for a starting job, Manziel said hes in good standing with his bosses. Its time to get to work. From here on, hes Johnny All About Football. "Theres some things that I wish I couldve gone back and done a little differently," Manziel said. "But Im continuing to move forward and trying to represent this organization in a positive manner and a positive light, so just very excited to be back in camp and its football 24/7 and thats what I love doing. Thats what I live for and its what my job, so for me, Im very excited to be back and cant wait to get this underway." Manziel addressed his fraternity-guy-gone-wild behaviour, which included photos of him hanging out poolside in Las Vegas with Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski, swigging champagne on an inflatable swan pool raft in a Texas nightclub and a shot of him rolling a dollar bill in a bathroom. Manziel didnt say hell change completely, but vowed to be focused on football going forward. Manziel opened his news conference by discussing his off-field exploits, saying he has spoken to Browns coach Mike Pettine and general manager Ray Farmer. "For me, my main thing is, people within this building, my teammates, the coaching staff, the higher-ups in this organization weve all been on the same page," he said. "Weve all been good and very eager to be moving forward." For weeks, the Browns downplayed Manziels antics. But as his questionable conduct continued and after the startling photo surfaced of Manziel with the rolled-up bill, Pettine reached out to the 21-year-old while he was on vacation. "Ive talked about that with Coach Pettine," Manziel said. "Ive talked about it with Farmer and the people I needed to talk about that with. Moving forward, theyre good with everything. Ive told them everything that I need to, and everythings been good." While acknowledging he could have made better decisions, Manziel also defended his lifestyle. "I dont think theres anything wrong with me going out and having a night life, having a social life," he said. "I mean I am 21 years old and I do like going out and it was the off-season. Its free time for us and if I want to go out and hang out with my friends or go to nightclubs or do things like that then I think thats within my rights to be doing that. "I think theres other guys throughout the league that are doing that and Im not trying to compare myself to anybody else but I think thats within my rights to be doing that." Manziel doesnt think his busy social calendar will hurt his chances to beat out Hoyer. "I dont believe so," he said. "I think there are definitely things moving forward to help better act as a professional. At the same time, Im still learning how to do that. Im still getting used to this role, still getting used to this league, still getting used to being a pro football player. "Im not in college anymore. Theres things I need to do better, and thats just part of being a professional. Hopefully with time and going through this season and as time goes on, Ill get better at doing that." The former Texas A&M star enters his first camp as Clevelands No. 2 quarterback behind Hoyer, who will get all the reps with Clevelands starting offence during the first few days of camp. Pettine, who earlier this week said he wants to name his starter "pretty quickly" believes Manziel enters camp well prepared to compete with Hoyer. The continuous controversy surrounding Manziel has somewhat overshadowed Hoyer, who has worked his way back after suffering a season-ending knee injury in his third start last season. The homegrown Hoyer is certain hell hang on to his starting job and be behind centre when the Browns open at Pittsburgh on Sept. 7. "Im confident I am that guy, but in the same sense I know if it comes down to the fact Johnny does beat me out I will have given everything I can and he will have totally earned it," Hoyer said. "Thats what you want. All I ask is the opportunity and a chance to earn the job, and thats what Ive been given. For me its about going out every day and proving I can be that guy I believe I am." Falcons Jerseys China .  A question that was repeatedly posed last season, and the season before that and in the 2011 campaign before that. Brooks Reed Jersey .  Osmond, of Marystown, N.L., fell in the middle of her routine and placed fifth in the ladies free skate at Iceberg Skating Palace (110.73 points), but that was all the Canadians needed after a strong performance by Kevin Reynolds in the mens free earlier Sunday. Those 36-year-old legs of Manu Ginobilis have been feeling pretty spry this season. That spring in his step that had been missing for so much of last season was back, helping the Argentine magician become a game-changer again for the San Antonio Spurs. So when the lane opened up in the third quarter Tuesday night against the Houston Rockets, Ginobili decided to go for it. He rose up, cradled the ball in his left hand and threw down a solid, one-handed dunk. And with that, Ginobili joined the growing list of injured Spurs. The team said Wednesday that Ginobili strained his left hamstring on the dunk and will miss the next three to four weeks. Ginobili joins Danny Green (broken finger), Kawhi Leonard (broken left hand) and Tiago Splitter (sprained right shoulder) on the teams injured list, a run of bad luck that has torn apart the teams depth, particularly on the wing. "You play the guys on the bench," San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich said. "We cant play the guys on the other team. I know that." The team is hopeful Splitter, who hasnt played since Jan. 4, will return in time for the teams annual rodeo road trip, a 10-game stint that begins Monday in New Orleans. That would help out Tim Duncan and the big men up front, but the problems on the perimeter remain. After struggling for much of last season, Ginobili signed a two-year contract to remain in San Antonio. He has rebounded this season to resume his role as the Spurs playmaker off the bench, averaging 12.1 points, 4.5 assists and shooting 52 per cent on his 2-point shots. During a monthlong stretch from the middle of December to the middle of January, Ginobili scored at least 20 points five times in a 16-game span to help the Spurs once again establish themselves among the NBAs elite teams. Hes been pretty healthy as well, missing two games earlier in January because of a sore left hamstring before injuring it more severely on Tuesday night. Wes Schweitzer Jersey. Ginobili, who has long been the emotional centre of this close-knit team, was dejected as he limped off the court. His injury puts even more responsibility on the shoulders of veteran Marco Belinelli, who has been a reliable shooter in a supporting role after coming over in free agency from the Chicago Bulls. Belinelli is averaging 10.9 points and shooting 46.7 per cent from 3-point range for the Spurs. With the injuries to Leonard and Green, Belinelli had become a starter on the wing and seen his playing time steadily increase. Belinelli played 38 minutes in the loss to Houston, and the Spurs recently signed NBDL standout Othyus Jeffers to a 10-day contract to give them another warm body on the perimeter. Thanks in large part to Ginobilis return to form, the Spurs entered Wednesdays game against the Bulls at 33-12, good for second place in the hyper-competitive Western Conference. But theyve lost three of their last four games, are 1-11 against the top seven teams in the league and now face the daunting challenge of that long road trip without Ginobili, and with Portland (33-13) and the Clippers (32-15) right on their heels. Chicago is facing its own injuries woes. All-Star point guard Derrick Rose was lost for the season with a knee injury for the second consecutive year and starting centre Joakim Noah (illness) and guard Kirk Hinrich (right hamstring) are game-time decisions for tonights game against San Antonio. So, Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau said he has little empathy for the Spurs, not because Chicago is also battling injuries, but because of how deep San Antonio is. "Its the nature of the league. Its the grind of an 82-game season. Youre going to take injuries on. Its how you respond and the Spurs have always done a good job with that. Its the way the Spurs are built." Cheap Nike Chiefs Jerseys Chargers Jerseys China Wholesale Raiders Jerseys China Cowboys Jerseys China Cheap Giants Jerseys Hoodies Cheap Eagles Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike Redskins Jerseys Lions Jerseys China Green Bay Packers Jerseys For Sale Wholesale Vikings Jerseys China Panthers Jerseys China Saints Jerseys China Cheap Buccaneers Jerseys Free ShippingWholesale Cardinals Jerseys China Cheap Nike Rams Jerseys 49ers Jerseys China Wholesale Seahawks Jerseys China Cheap Nike Bears Jerseys Bills Jerseys China Cheap Nike Ravens Jerseys Cheap Falcons Jerseys Hoodies ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel