Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 10, 2020 6:49 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

ve 3-pointers to lead S

GRANADA, Spain -- Pau Gasol scored 20 points as Spain routed Serbia 89-73 to finish the group phase of the Basketball World Cup undefeated on Thursday and remain the United States biggest challenger. Fake Jordan 1 Outlet . The new Chicago Bull centre helped to ensure the game was effectively over by halftime with 14 first-half points to power the hosts to an insurmountable 19-point lead. Spain drew the toughest group with European champion France, a Brazil with three NBA centres, and traditional power Serbia. But future rivals beware: Brazil fell by 19 points, France by 24, and Serbia was down by double digits after just eight minutes. Juan Carlos Navarro chipped 15 points for Spain, while substitute Nemanja Bjelica hit five 3-pointers to lead Serbia with 19 points. Spain is so finely tuned it didnt seem frivolous in the least when Ricky Rubio dribbled the ball between the legs of centre Miroslav Raduljica before assisting Jose Calderon on his second of consecutive 3-pointers to grow the lead to 48-33 late in the second quarter. The games end turned testy when Serbia coach Sasha Djordjevic was given two technical fouls and sent off under a minute left. Spain coach Juan Orenga and Rubio also got techinicals. Spain had already clinched first place in Group A, pairing it with Senegal in the round of 16 starting Saturday. "My players are prepared," said Orenga. "With Senegal begins the do-or-die." While Spain heads to Madrid, the U.S. trades Bilbao for Barcelona to play an elimination game with Mexico after James Harden scored 17 points in a 95-71 victory over Ukraine as the Americans also finished 5-0 to top Group C. In Seville, Greece hit the boards and beat Argentina 79-71 to win Group B with an immaculate record. The Greeks outrebounded Argentina 41-25 and never trailed after the opening stages as Memphis Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes scored 18 points. Greece will play Serbia next in Madrid, where Argentina (3-2) gets South American rival Brazil (4-1). Lithuania snatched away the top spot in Group D with a 67-64 win over Slovenia in Gran Canaria. Lithuania (4-1) held Slovenia (4-1) scoreless for the entire fourth quarter until Goran Dragic scored with 47 seconds to go. The Phoenix Sun guard went five-of-14 from the field, missing all five 3-pointers he took, to finish with 12 points. Lithuanias victory slotted it to play New Zealand and meant it will avoid a possible meeting with the U.S. until the semifinals. GROUP A BRAZIL 128, EGYPT 65 Leandrinho Barbosa scored 22 points to lead a Brazil team that had already advanced. Egypt finished winless. FRANCE 81, IRAN 76 France (3-2) withstood Irans late rally with the Spanish home crowd roaring for an upset to get a 81-76 win that it needed to move on and play Croatia next. Guard Thomas Heurtel paced the European champions with 15 points, while forward Samad Nikkhah Bahrami had 23 for Iran (1-4). GROUP B CROATIA 103, PUERTO RICO 82 With the groups final playoff spot at stake, Brooklyn Net guard Bojan Bogdanovic scored 23 points to help book Croatia (3-2) a place in Madrid and send Puerto Rico packing. J.J. Barea scored 20 for Puerto Rico (1-4). PHILIPPINES 81, SENEGAL 79, OT Philippines waited 40 years for this moment, and almost let it slip away. Senegals Maleye Ndoye made a 3-pointer to send the game to overtime at 64-64, but the Philippines (1-4) gritted out the extra period to record its first win at a world championship since 1974 and turn its exit from the tournament into a celebration. GROUP C NEW ZEALAND 67, FINLAND 65 New Zealand advanced and sent Finland and its raucous supporters home. Isaac Fotu scored 18 points for the Tall Blacks, while Gerald Lee had 18 points for Finland (1-4). TURKEY 77, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC 64 Oguz Savash scored 15 points for Turkey (3-2) as it claimed a date with Australia. Francisco Garcia had 18 points for the Dominican Republic (2-3), which will face Slovenia. GROUP D MEXICO 87, KOREA 71 Hector Hernandez scored 16 points as Mexico (2-3) secured a fourth-place finish in Group D. Taejong Moon scored 16 for winless Korea. ANGOLA 91, AUSTRALIA 83 Yanick Moreira poured in 38 points as Angola (2-3) made up a 15-point deficit but fell short of qualifying for the knockout phase. Guard Chris Goulding scored 22 points for Australia (3-2). Wholesale Yeezy 350 . People familiar with the case told The Associated Press on Friday that arbitrator Fredric Horowitz could issue his decision this weekend. Cheap Nike Cortez Shoes China . Goodell said in an ESPN Radio interview Monday (http://es.pn/1gkbauy ) that participants played harder and made the game very competitive. Goodell says he had fun watching the game Sunday and thinks fans did, too.LONDON -- Eugenie Bouchard and Milos Raonic set records as they became the fourth and fifth Canadians respectively to reach the fourth round of Wimbledon after straight-set wins on Saturday. Both had to wait out a rain interruption lasting nearly five hours before taking comprehensive third-round victories to join Carling Bassett-Seguso (1983, 1986), Patricia Hy-Boulais (1996-97) and Daniel Nestor (1999) as Canadians who made it into the second week of a major. Bouchard, semifinalist in Melbourne and Paris already this season, posted a 6-3, 6-4 defeat of German Andrea Petkovic. Raonic, from Thornhill, Ont., joined Bouchard in Wimbledons second week by beating Polands Lukasz Kubot in the third round 7-6 (2), 7-6(4), 6-2. He fired over 30 aces and 50 winners, breaking twice with just six unforced errors on the way to victory. "I was able to be dominant on my serve, I only lost nine points on it," said Raonic. "This definitely makes my life a lot easier and puts pressure on him. "But at the same time, I didnt really have my opportunities. I played a few good points in tiebreaks and he was able to of hold on." Raonic has won three straight Wimbledon grass matches for the first time, after doing the same at Halle, Germany in 2011 and 2012. "Im starting from very low comfort level on grass but now Im feeling pretty comfortable," said Raonic. "Ive made pretty significant progress on this surface this year." The 13th-seeded Bouchard, from Weestmount, Que. Cheap Nike Tn Shoes Wholesale. , started her match in the early afternoon but found herself in the locker-room for nearly five hours after 15 minutes of play as rain wrecked the schedule. But the weather cleared up in the early evening with Bouchard and Petkovic returning to the court with the Canadian leading 2-1. Bouchard picked up where she left off, putting the pressure on a player who had defeated her in three previous meetings including the Rogers Cup in Toronto three years ago. She took victory on her third match point when Petkovic hit the net with a return. Bouchard produced 30 winners and 14 unforced errors, breaking five time in the match lasting less than 90 minutes. She next plays Frances Alzie Cornet, who beat top seed and five-time champion Serena Williams for the second time this season, winning 1-6, 6-3, 6-4 in a stunning upset. Cornet won their previous meeting on clay at Strasbourg last year. "I played well, even though it was straight sets it was a battle," said Bouchard. "It was tough with the lone rain delay, but it was the same for both girls "Im happy I was able to close it out with any serve, being aggressive and taking the ball early. During the rain delay I tried to conserve energy -- I wanted to give it all on the court. Bouchard said she didnt actually mind the wait. "Rain is part of the Wimbledon experience," she said with a laugh. "Weve been lucky so far, you have to have some rain at Wimbledon." ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel