Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 7, 2020 12:55 PM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

proved to 3-0. But still,

LOS ANGELES -- Before a high-profile reunion with old running mate Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and the Oklahoma City Thunder face the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday night. Cheap Air Force 1 Wholesale .Westbrook is off to an incredible start for Thunder (3-0), who play the first of back-to-back contests at Staples Center before heading to Oakland, Calif., to clash with the Golden State Warriors and Durant for the first time Thursday. Westbrook is averaging an NBA-high 38.7 points along with 11.7 assists (second in the league) and 12.3 rebounds (tied for sixth).He is shooting 45.3 percent from the floor and 44.3 percent from 3-point range for Oklahoma City, which beat the Clippers in two of three meetings last season. In his last outing Sunday, Westbrook earned his second straight triple-double in a 113-96 win over the Los Angeles Lakers, finishing with 33 points, 16 assists and 12 rebounds.Westbrook is the first player in NBA history to record 100 points, 30 rebounds and 30 assists in a clubs first three games.Theyre a great team, so its always a fun matchup even though they look different this year, said Clippers forward Blake Griffin, who collected 21 points, 11 rebounds and five assists in a 116-98 victory over the Phoenix Suns on Monday as Los Angeles improved to 3-0. But still, you see what Russ is doing and you see they have guys who are very capable, so I think for that part you look forward to a game like that.(Westbrook is) an unbelievable player. Just the impact he has on the game in so many different areas and just the pressure he puts on defenses just alone is crazy. But you kind of know thats his personality, to just go and destroy and take over. But it will be a fun challenge.Thunder coach Billy Donovan is anticipating the two-game road trip providing a compass on his team.This gives us an opportunity really early in the season -- in the fourth game and the fifth game -- to find out really more about ourselves against two outstanding teams, Donovan said, according to NewsOK.com.The Clippers relied on defense to roll past the Utah Jazz 88-75 in their home opener Sunday. That followed a 114-106 road triumph over the Portland Trail Blazers last Thursday.Trust has been a big point for us, and talking, said Griffin, who is putting up 22 points and 11.3 rebounds per game. We have been eliminating small mistakes by communicating more. (Defense) has been our main focus in practice. We have been communicating and calling for each other, and everybody has a pretty good trust. We have to make some adjustments, but it has been a good start.On Tuesday, the Thunder acquired forward Jerami Grant and a trade exception from the Philadelphia 76ers in exchange for forward Ersan Ilyasova and a protected draft pick. Ilyasova was traded to Oklahoma City with guard Victor Oladipo in an offseason deal with the Orlando Magic for forward Serge Ibaka.The 6-foot-8, 210-pound Grant averages eight points, 3.5 rebounds and two blocks per game. For his career, Grant has posted averages of 8.2 points, 3.9 rebounds and 1.38 blocks in 144 games (63 starts). Shoes Outlet Store . -- Playing time has been limited for Maxim Tissot this season, so the Montreal Impact defender made the most of his first scoring opportunity on Saturday. Air Force 1 Store Near Me . Their 38th instalment is arguably their biggest fight card to date, including three-title fights and a main event which was selected by the fans.  The promotion boasts 14-straight years of business and is operated by MFC president Mark Pavelich, who is often overlooked in this country for the foundation hes established for MMA in Canada. http://www.cheapshoesstorewholesale.com/stan-smith-online-outlet.html . LOUIS -- Theres no telling how these wacky World Series games will end. Thilan Samaraweera reunited with an old friend on his first day as Bangladeshs batting consultant. I divide my career into two, he said. First it is from 2001 to 2006 when I was dropped. I became a totally different player when I met Chandika [Hathurusingha].Samaraweera began with a century on Test debut in 2001 but suffered a drastic dip in form five years later. When he returned to the Sri Lankan side, he averaged over 72 in 2007 and 2008 and peaked with 114.25 from six matches in 2010. Speaking to the media in Mirpur, he said he was looking forward to working with Hathrusingha, who is the Bangladesh head coach, again.I know what he is capable of and I would love to work with him. He gave me the freedom to express myself. He focused on the technique and mindset, the key to international cricket. I became a totally different cricketer. I think my average was close to between 50 or 60.Samaraweera was hired by the BCB for the series against England and Afghanistan. His tenure would last 45 days and in that time he has to make sure the Bangladesh batsmen do not feel the drawbacks of not playing international cricket since the World T20 in March.On the first day I am a bit quiet as I want to get to know the players. There are a few newcomers. I know four to fiive players as I played against them. Nike Cortez Wholesale. Just had a few chats here and there. After another day I will be more comfortable working with this group.My first priority is the Afghanistan series because I know that when you are not playing for four to five months, the international arena seems totally different than practice. I think the key is to get into the groove of international cricket. I am not worried about talent as the talent is there.Samaraweera, who had previously worked as a batting consultant for Cricket Australia, was pleased with the amount of progress made by Bangladesh over the last year and a half.I think the freedom that the coaching staff led by Chandi gave to the Bangladesh players made them believe they could fight against the top teams. You can see in the last 18 months they beat Pakistan, India and South Africa and they also did well in the World Cup in different conditions. More freedom, belief and support from senior to younger players are what a team requires.I think more about the mental toughness and I can see how much they have changed over the last 18 months in terms of the technical aspects. ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel