Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 7, 2020 9:01 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

insists next

Toby Alderweireld has assured Tottenham fans that the side will be a wiser one next season - and better equiped for a title challenge. Laken Tomlinson Super Bowl Jersey . A superb run of form in the early spring propelled Tottenham right into title contention, their exhilarating brand of attacking football keeping them on the coat-tails of Leicester City.A stumble in the final furlong saw them fall short in agonising fashion but Belgium international Alderweireld insists next season can yield greater dividends. Tottenhams draw with West Brom was the first sign that their title challenge was faltering Reflecting on the final day defeat at Newcastle, he told Sky Sports News HQ: Of course we were very disappointed because all of Tottenham wanted to get second you know but overall at the end we have to think we had a good season. I think it was our worst game of the season and we didnt want that to happen so like I said next season is a new season.We have got guaranteed Champions League football which we have not had for a couple of years so it is the next step for the club. Thats important and next season we can come back stronger. Erik Lamela of Tottenham (centre) looks dejected after losing 5-1 to Newcastle We want to win it, and we will go for it. I think we now have a different mindset from the one we had at the beginning of this season. Then we were thinking the top four would be brilliant now we are thinking more than that, we want to go one better. Also See: Dembele vows to learn Ginola has heart surgery Spurs youth refusing new deal Kane relishing Rooney link-up Jerick McKinnon Super Bowl Jersey . Note: The Calgary Flames announced Tuesday that Sean Monahan would not be made available to Canadas World Junior team. Jerry Rice Super Bowl Jersey . Vettel was 0.168 seconds faster than Red Bull teammate Mark Webber around the Suzuka circuit. Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg was two tenths of a second off Vettel. "The car balance is decent, but I think we can still improve," Vettel said. https://www.49ersrookiestore.com/49ers-Ahkello-Witherspoon-Jersey/ . -- Nate Robinson has played for seven teams, so beating one of them is no longer a rare occurrence. CHICAGO -- Tommy La Stella wanted to share his story with teammates on the Chicago Cubs. From La Stellas perspective, they were the only people who needed to know more about why he refused to report to the minors when he was demoted in July.La Stella met with the team after he was recalled from Triple-A Iowa on Wednesday, providing his account of his time away from the organization. But other than that meeting before a game against the Pittsburgh Pirates, the infielder stayed mostly quietly about the circumstances surrounding his departure and eventual return.I understand that theres going to be people out there who kind of draw conclusions and stuff and thats fine, La Stella said. Im not necessarily out here to make anybody see anything or explain anything. As long as people understand that there are things out there that are kind of personal to me and Ive shared those with the guys. Its not necessarily going to be just like a cut-and-dry, black-and-white answer where everybody goes `Oh yeah, I get it now. That answer doesnt really exist.La Stella was the victim of a roster crunch when the loaded Cubs activated outfielder Chris Coghlan from the disabled list on July 29. The 27-year-old La Stella had options remaining, which left him vulnerable in a crowded infield.La Stella was hitting .295 with a .388 on-base percentage at the time, and did not take the news well, according to manager Joe Maddon. He went back home to New Jersey and the Cubs gave him some time to report to Iowa before placing him on the temporary inactive list on Aug. 10.La Stella said he understood why he was sent down, and that had nothing to do with his refusal to report to the minors. He chalked up his time away to personal baseball reasons and not necessarily personal issues with me or anything like that, more just personal stuff throughout my career.Asked if he missed the game while he was away, La Stella responnded I missed the guys. Mitch Wishnowsky Super Bowl Jersey. Like I said, man, the game to me, thats kind of just the avenue for the other type of enjoyment that I get through those guys and the stuff that we get to do together, he continued.After weeks of dialogue between the New Jersey native and the team, La Stella joined Double-A Tennessee in mid-August. He batted .296 (8 for 27) in eight games in the minors before returning to the big leagues.The Cubs could have waited until major league rosters expand on Thursday to make the move, but Maddon said they liked the matchup with Pirates right-hander Ryan Vogelsong on the mound for the series finale. La Stella started at second base, and reliever Spencer Patton was optioned to Iowa.La Stella was greeted with a warm round of cheers when he batted for the first time in the second inning.Hes been interacting with the guys, Maddon said. Theyve accepted him back, so its time to move forward.It was La Stellas 23rd start of the year, and he likely will remain in a mostly reserve role the rest of the way. But he could be a nice lefty bat off the bench in the playoffs for the major league leaders.Said it before. The guy could wake up in the middle of the night, hit a line drive on a 1-2 count, Maddon said.La Stella, who was acquired in a November 2014 trade with Atlanta, said he isnt sure if he will keep playing baseball beyond this year. He also praised Cubs president of baseball operations Theo Epstein for how he treated him during his time away.He understands people and he treats you like a person, La Stella said. This whole time, the dialogue, he was just talking to me as a guy and he wasnt talking to an employee, which I really, really appreciated throughout the whole process.---Jay Cohen can be reached at http://www.twitter.com/jcohenap ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel