Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 6, 2020 9:20 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

shoulder pads on and went out

BEREA, Ohio -- Robert Griffins day of thanks came a little early. Cheap Jerseys From China .For the first time since breaking a bone in his left shoulder in Clevelands season opener, Griffin practiced on Wednesday, a significant step for the quarterback whose career has been undermined by injuries and whose future remains unclear.Griffin arrived at the teams facility not knowing if he had been formally designated for return by the team. Once he received news he was going to practice, RG3 could hardly contain himself.I put my shoulder pads on and went out and ran around like a little kid, he said.On the field, an energized Griffin slapped hands with teammates during drills, and at one point ran and jumped on offensive coach Pep Hamiltons back.His wait was over, and Griffin celebrated.Griffins return is a much-needed dose of positive news for the winless Browns (0-11) , whose season took the first of many downward turns when he got hurt late in the fourth quarter of his Cleveland debut.His injury changed the direction of Clevelands season. It not only sidelined him for 10 weeks, but his latest medical setback prevented the Browns -- who signed him to a two-year, $15 million in March -- from being able to assess the 26-year-old as their franchise quarterback, a position that has remained both baffling and vacant over the past 17 seasons.While theres no guarantee Griffin will play again this season, he believes he can be Clevelands starter for seasons to come.No doubt, he said. I have the confidence in that. I cant speak for coach or anyone else, but theyve expressed that to me. I still feel I can be the guy for this team, for this organization, and I look forward to going out and proving it.First, he has to prove he can take contact, and the way Browns quarterbacks have been getting pummeled lately, that test could include being run over by a truck.Griffin is scheduled to undergo another medical test to determine if the bone in his shoulder has healed completely. If hes cleared, theres a strong chance hell play in one of Clevelands final four games after the Dec. 4 bye.Until then, Griffin can continue practicing as the Browns have 21 days to decide whether to activate him or keep him on injured reserve. Griffin made it clear he wants to play.Hes only made one start in 30 months, and questions about his durability followed Griffin from Washington to Cleveland. Griffin, though, maintains hes far from finished.Im 26 years old, man, Im not 45, he said. Ive got a lot of years of football left and Im real grateful. Its Thanksgiving, time to give thanks, and Im thankful for the ability to have so much experience in the league, good and bad to this point at 26 years old, being in multiple offensive systems. Its all a learning process. Im still young, Im still a kid and I look forward to having a long career. I know its going to take a lot of hard work and Im willing to do it.Im not afraid of hard work.Griffin impressed Clevelands coaches and his teammates with his willingness to help while he was sidelined. He stayed engaged in meetings, doing all he could to help the Browns snap a losing streak now at 14 over two seasons.He wants it badly, to be out there with his teammates, coach Hue Jackson said. He wants to do the work and be a part of it and help us get to where we want to go. I have a great respect for that. He has been part of the grind the whole time. It is a good showing by him to show that he wants to be out there. Obviously, he could have kind of fallen off totally, but he didnt. That is a plus for him.The Browns have two first-round draft picks next year and may use one on a quarterback. Griffin might be able to alter those plans, but its not his motivation.I can go out and play or not play and they can make that decision, he said. I want to be here. I want to play. I want to help this team win. Whatever they do next year, thats up to them and I cant focus on that because I cant control that.Game notes QB Josh McCown will start Sunday against the Giants, returning to the lineup after rookie Cody Kessler sustained his second concussion last week. Jackson said Kevin Hogan will back up McCown, who took a devastating hit from Steelers defensive tackle Stephon Tuitt after replacing Kessler. Josh thought he was Barry Sanders for a second there, Griffin joked. ... Browns LT Joe Thomas was given Wednesday off to rest his knee.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Wholesale NFL Jerseys . The 18th player to shoot 60 on the tour, Jamieson settled for par on the final hole when his 15-foot birdie chip grazed the edge of the hole and stayed out. After opening with rounds of 66 and 73 to make the cut by a stroke, he had 11 birdies in the bogey-free round. Cheap Jerseys .Y. -- Marcell Dareus and the Buffalo Bills defence made life miserable for Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco. https://www.wholesalejerseysaaa.com/ . Cuban testified Thursday that he was upset when the companys CEO told him news that would reduce the value of his shares, for which hed paid $7.5 million. But he said he did nothing improper when he sold those shares over the next two days. RIO DE JANEIRO -- Jeff Henderson had an Olympic gold medal in his grasp. Just not one he could call his own.With a pressure-packed jump on his last try of the night, the American long jumper changed all that. He won his own gold medal in Rio de Janeiro on Saturday and returned the one he carried for motivation to its rightful owner.And now both Henderson and his coach, 1984 triple jump champ Al Joyner, really have something to celebrate.He said, `I want you to give me back my gold medal and keep your gold medal, Henderson recounted. I gave it back before I went out there. I knew I was going to win.He was clutch on his last attempt. Its becoming an American trend. The night before, Michelle Carter won the shot put on her final attempt.Henderson rocked back and forth before starting down the runway. He flew into the air and when he landed in the sand, he instantly knew that was good enough for gold. His jump of 8.38 meters surpassed South Africas Luvo Manyonga, who finished with silver. Defending champion Greg Rutherford of Britain was left with the bronze.I came here to win, Rutherford said. Im going away disappointed.Just imagine how Jarrion Lawson feels. The American had the last jump of the evening and thought his was well out there -- maybe even gold-medal worthy -- but he dragged his left hand in the sand before landing.That was the spot to where officials measured. He finished in fourth place.I still think I had it. Maybe I hit my hand, maybe I didnt, said Lawson, who was an All-American at the University of Arkansas. Wholesale Jerseys China. Just cant argue with technology.But I think that was a No. 1 jump.History will reflect Henderson as the winner, though. He said Joyner had used a similar ploy as motivation before -- with his late wife, Florence Griffith-Joyner.It certainly got Hendersons attention.Hes always like, `Youre a champion. Believe in yourself, explained the 27-year-old Henderson, whos from McAlmont, Arkansas. The last jump I was just like, `OK, just keep everything the same, dont change nothing.I knew it was the winning jump after I saw it.Hows this for a little more history: Henderson captured gold medal No. 999 for the United States in the Summer Olympics. He was about 30 minutes shy of winning the magical 1,000th, but it went to the womens 4x100-meter medley relay swim team.Feels amazing, Henderson said. To be in that group and that category is awesome. To have that, 999, I didnt know that. It feels like Im in a dream, honestly.Still think the long jump is boring, Carl Lewis? The track icon recently took issue with his former event and the lack of more star power. Henderson has no issues with Lewis sentiment.Although, he will give his good friend some good-natured ribbing.I know Carl Lewis, hes biting his tongue right now, Henderson said. I have nothing against Carl. Wait to see what he says after this. ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel