Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 4, 2020 8:47 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

riding it out now, I am in tr

IBF world heavyweight champion Charles Martin has told Sky Sports News HQ that he is in the best shape of his career ahead of his title defence against Anthony Joshua on April 9. Wholesale Jerseys . The American (23-0-1-KO21) arrived in London on Monday as prepares to make the first defence of his IBF strap against Joshua (15-0-KO15) at The O2 Arena in London - live on Sky Sports Box Office. When asked about how his training camp had gone, Martin said: Perfect, the best camp Ive ever had. I feel in the best shape Ive ever been in. So, we good. He added: I am peaked right now, we are just maintaining right now. All the hard work has been done. I am not going to wait to come over here to try and switch up anything. We are just riding it out now, I am in tremendous shape. Charles Martin v Anthony Joshua Martin, who was crowned IBF champion in January, will be fighting outside of the United States for the first time in his career when he takes on Joshua, but the 29-year-old says a partisan home crowd will not affect him.This is my back yard. Wherever I go, I feel at home. I dont feel that I am coming into his den, wherever I take myself on this Earth is mine, I make it mine, he said.  Martin v Joshua Book the Sky Sports Box office event online Let them be fans of Joshua because when I knock him out on April 9 they are going to be Prince Charles Martin fans.Charles Martin vs Anthony Joshua, live on Sky Sports Box Office on April 9, is available to order online. Also See: Martin: AJ no hype job WATCH: The Gloves Are Off AJ plans to rattle Martin Book Martin vs Joshua now! Cheap Jerseys . On Saturday night, the normally free throw-challenged centre did just that. Howard scored 18 of his 25 points in the fourth quarter, including 13 of 19 free throws in a 2 1/2-minute stretch, and the Houston Rockets beat the Denver Nuggets 122-111. Cheap Jerseys From China . Tracey comes to the Blue Bombers after spending over a decade with Queens University. Most recently he was the schools assistant football coach. https://www.wholesalejerseysaaa.com/ . But Bourque, who has missed three games with a lower-body injury, wont be in the lineup when the Habs travel to Buffalo to take on the Sabres on Wednesday. LAKE PLACID, N.Y. -- Tucker West and his sled were too heavy last week.This week, they were too good.West won his second career World Cup luge gold medal Friday, edging Russias Semen Pavlichenko by the smallest margin of victory on the circuit in nearly four years. West finished two runs on his home Mount Van Hoevenberg track in 1 minute, 43.088 seconds -- a mere 0.006 seconds faster than Pavlichenko, who was in position to win until the last curve of the competition.Luckily, I showed up today, West said.His win was part of a big day for USA Luge. Earlier Friday, Toni Eggert and Sascha Benecken of Germany won the doubles race, narrowly beating Matt Mortensen and Jayson Terdiman -- the first American doubles sled to medal in a World Cup since 2010.Put another way, Germany went five days without winning a World Cup doubles medal. The U.S. went six years without one.Its been a long journey, for sure, Terdiman said.It was a long week for West, who was in second place at the midpoint of last weekends season opener in Winterberg when he was disqualified for being overweight.He more than atoned for that Friday, adding this gold to the one he won at Lake Placid in 2014.It was disappointing last week, sitting in second and having that taken away from you by a technicality, West said. Obviously, thats going to be disappointing. But I saw the speed was there and I was looking forward to this week, being on home ice and in front of friends and family. I was angry. I was determined to do better and I was hungry to do it.Wolfgang Kindl of Austria was third, 0.094 seconds behind West. Chris Mazdzer of the U.S. took fourth.In the doubles race, Eggert and Benecken finished their two runs in 1:28.382. Mortensen and TTerdiman took the silver in 1:28. Wholesale Jerseys 2021. .545, and Robin Johannes Geueke and David Gamm of Germany were third in 1:28.726.Eggert and Benecken are now 3-for-3 this season, having swept the doubles season openers at Winterberg last weekend.The last U.S. World Cup doubles medal was a bronze for Terdiman and Christian Niccum on Dec. 4, 2010. American doubles teams had not reached the podium in 60 World Cup races since, including sprint competitions.This one will taste better, I think, Terdiman said.The Americans didnt even have to wait to see the scoreboard at the finish line. From the roar of the crowd as they made their way out of the final turn, they knew a medal was theirs.Im really hoping this is the stepping stone for a brighter future, Mortensen said. This shows we can get in there. This was part of our four-year plan, to get a medal this season, and now weve done it early and this is fantastic.U.S. womens luge star Erin Hamlin said Mortensen and Terdiman knew after last weekends World Cup opener, where they finished fourth in the sprint race and sixth in the doubles, they were sliding well enough to compete.Coming to home ice apparently was the final piece of the puzzle.This years been really good for them, Hamlin said. Theyve had really solid training. I think theyre finally at a point where theyre pretty comfortable on their sled, really enjoying sliding and feeling good about sliding. So I think its exciting to see.The World Cup resumes Saturday with the womens race and team relay. USA Luge swept the podium in the womens race at Mount Van Hoevenberg last year. ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel