Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 2, 2020 8:56 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

s going to be a tough day,

BLOOMFIELD HILLS, Mich. Custom Packers Jerseys . -- Qualifying medalist Alex Smalley rallied to beat Scott Harvey 2 and 1 on Wednesday in the first round of the U.S. Amateur at Oakland Hills.Smalley, the Duke sophomore from Wake Forest, North Carolina, finished off Harvey with a halve for par on the par-3 17th on the Donald Ross-designed South Course that Ben Hogan dubbed the The Monster in his 1951 U.S. Open victory.I played with Scott earlier this summer at the North Carolina Am, so Im familiar with him, Smalley said. I knew it was going to be a tough day, and it was. Im just glad I got out of there with the win.Smalley pulled even with the 38-year-old Harvey with a birdie on the par-4 11th and won the par-4 14th and 16th with pars in the match that was interrupted for more than an hour because of rain.Its basically another tournament, a brand-new tournament, Smalley said. Its a new day. Seeds dont really matter in match play. It was nice getting medalist. It was an honor, but I just had to start right all over again.Harvey, from Greensboro, North Carolina, got the last of the 64 match-play spots Wednesday morning, playing seven extra holes in a 23-man playoff for eight positions.I was OK for a couple holes, and then its like it just caught right back up to me, Harvey said. Its just the longest -- one of the longest days -- on the golf course Ive ever had.Smalley will face Illinois junior Dylan Meyer in the second round. Meyer, from Evansville, Indiana, beat Scotlands Connor Syme 2 up.Second-seeded Dawson Armstrong, a Lipscomb junior from Brentwood, Tennessee, also advanced, beating Englands Bradley Moore 1 up. Armstrong won the 17th with a par and ended it with a bogey halve on the par-4 18th.I now know that not only can I play well in match play, I can play well in match play under stressful situations, Armstrong said. Even when my game isnt at its best, I feel like I can do whatever it takes to make sure I get through.British Amateur champion Scott Gregory of England had the most-lopsided victory, routing Raymond Knoll of Naperville, Illinois, 7 and 5. Gregory is trying to become the first player to sweep the British and U.S. Amateur titles since Bob Dickson in 1967.In the only match to go to extra holes, Alabama sophomore Davis Riley of Hattiesburg, Mississippi, beat high school senior Matthew Wolff of Agoura Hills, California, with a par on the 19th.Ive played a lot of match play and anything can happen, Riley said. You never have a match won, no matter how many up you are. So, I just told myself to stick to my routine.Three LSU players advanced. Tigers senior Brandon Pierce of Covington, Louisiana, edged Austrias Matthias Schwab 1 up; sophomore Sam Burns of Shreveport, Louisiana, topped Colombias Santiago Gomez 3 and 1; and sophomore Luis Gagne of Orlando, Florida, beat Paul Pastore of Greenwich, Connecticut, 5 and 3.Oklahoma sophomore Brad Dalke of Norman, Oklahoma, knocked off Wake Forest junior William Zalatoris of Plano, Texas, 1 up.Maverick McNealy, the Stanford senior ranked No. 1 in the world amateur ranking, failed to advance to match play. He was eliminated in the morning in the playoff for the final spots. Custom Rashan Gary Jersey .Y. -- Injured Buffalo Sabres forward Marcus Foligno did not practice with the team Monday and head coach Ron Rolston said its unlikely hell play in Wednesdays season opener in Detroit. Rashan Gary Jersey Large .Y. -- Syracuse has turned up the defence at the right time all season, and when High Point threatened to pull off a monumental upset the second-ranked Orange did what they do best with their quick hands and savvy play. http://www.custompackersjersey.com/ . For the Wild it was their first win of the season and they now have a record of 1-1-2 while the Jets fall to 2-2. Jets start a six game home stand Friday with another divisional game, home to the Dallas Stars. R Ashwin produced a devastating seven-wicket display that helped India thrash New Zealand by a massive 321-run margin in the third and final Test, to complete a 3-0 whitewash, in Indore on Tuesday.Ashwins figures of 7 for 59 were his best in Test cricket, as were his match figures of 13 for 140. The 13.5 overs he delivered in the second innings left New Zealand in tatters as they chased an improbable 475-run target. Stability was the need of the hour but New Zealands struggling top-order failed to provide that, as Umesh Yadav provided the initial breakthrough in the second over of the innings and dismissed opener Tom Latham for just six.After an eight-over burst from the seamers, Virat Kohli introduced Ashwin into the attack. Kane Williamson, who had fallen to the spinner on three occasions in the series, decided to attack him and thumped him for three fours in two overs. Ashwin in reply produced a faster, flatter trajectory to Williamson and trapped him lbw for 27. With their Captain dismissed, New Zealand looked to Ross Taylor to bail them out of trouble.Taylor, like Williamson, attacked Ashwin and dispatched him for a four and a six in his first over. He raced to 32 off 24 balls before he attempted to sweep a full-length Ashwin delivery that sneaked through under his bat and rattled the stumps. With their most accomplished batsmen dismissed, the chances of New Zealand winning or even saving the Test appeared bleak.The tourists then lost three-more wickets in tthe next seven overs. Wholesale Custom Packers Shirts. Ashwin first accounted for Luke Ronchi and Ravindra Jadeja uprooted Guptill and James Neesham. They stood at 112 for six at that stage.Mitchell Santner and BJ Watling added 24 for the seventh wicket before Ashwin induced an inside edge from Santner that ricochet onto the stumps. The tail faced an uphill task in their bid to counter Ashwin. The spinner proved too much for Jeetan Patel, Matt Henry and Trent Boult to handle and he dismissed them without much fuss. New Zealand managed just 153 in reply.The 321-run winning margin is the second-biggest for India in terms of runs. The 27 wickets Ashwin claimed in the series is the second-most by any Indian bowler in a three-match series, behind Harbhajan Singhs 32 wickets in the Border-Gavaskar Trophy in 2000-01. Ashwins tally is also the second-most by any bowler in a three-match series against New Zealand. Waqar Younis had taken 29 scalps in a 1990-91 series. He also won his seventh Man of the Series award in 14 series.It was a wicket where you had to work hard, be patient. There was a little bit of help outside the off stump, in terms of footmarks, Ashwin said. I have to give special mention to Shami, Bhuvi and Umesh, they got us a lot of wickets with reverse swing and Jaddu is a perfect foil. I feel really good about myself and my confidence is sky high. ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel