Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 26, 2020 7:34 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Baptist on Saturday night.

HOUSTON -- Colter Lasher tied his career-best with 28 points and Reveal Chukwujekwu added 21 as Houston Baptist dominated the second half to take a 103-77 win over Arlington Baptist on Saturday night. Thomas Steen Jersey .Lasher made 12 of 18 field goal attempts. Chukwujekwu grabbed 14 rebounds for the Huskies (4-5).Houston Baptist was up 47-44 at the half. Arlington Baptist had a hot first half, making 18 of 26 (68 percent) from the floor but that fell off considerably in the second period, finishing with 31-of-60 (51.7 percent) shooting. The Huskies shot 50 percent in the first half but got even better, making 43 of 71 (60.6 percent) for the game.Houston Baptist slowly pulled away in the second half, going up 78-65 midway in the final period. The Huskies finished the game on a 28-12 run.Cedric Carson led Arlington Baptist with 27 points and Kel Wallace added 12. Daniel Carcillo Jersey .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Ray Whitney Jersey . Ryan Garbutt had a goal and two assists as Dallas snapped a six-game losing streak with a 5-2 victory over the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night. https://www.cheapcoyotes.com/538z-martin-hanzal-jersey-coyotes.html . Carey Price didnt, but he still came out on top against one of his rivals for the No. 1 job at the Sochi Games. The Anahim Lake, B.C., native was stellar in making 39 saves in his home province and Lars Eller got credit for a bizarre short-handed winner as the Canadiens defeated the Canucks 4-1. LINCOLN, Neb. -- Nebraska ran on 51 of its 64 plays from scrimmage against Fresno State in a performance reminiscent of Tom Osbornes pound-the-ground teams of yesteryear.Only Air Force, Army and Navy -- all triple-option teams -- attempted fewer passes than the Cornhuskers the first weekend of the season.On Monday, Mike Riley couldnt remember a game hes coached where his team threw so little. He joked that he would have to go back to his playing days when he was the quarterback at Corvallis (Oregon) High to find a game where his team attempted only 13 passes.The coach was smart. I couldnt throw very well, Riley said, laughing.The Huskers (1-0) generated 292 of their 406 yards on the ground in their 43-10 win over Fresno State on Saturday. Dont expect the same run-pass breakdown this week against Wyoming (1-0).We liked the rushing yards, he said, but we didnt have anywhere near the balance we need as we go forward in the passing game.Tommy Armstrong Jr. threw a beautiful 57-yard touchdown pass to Alonzo Moore off play-action in the second half. That play accounted for half of the Huskers passing yards. Armstrong wasnt sharp otherwise, completing only 5 of 10 passes. Backup Ryker Fyfle was 1 for 3.I thought we could run, but I didnt envision that at all, offensive coordinator Danny Langsdorf said. I think its good for our team, but we have to be able to hit some more throws. The way we were throwing wasnt giving me much confidence to throw it all.Devine Ozigbo had 17 carries for 103 yards, Terrell Newby 11 for 56 and Armstrong 11 for 42. The HHuskers ran for five of their six touchdowns against an opponent that ranked 117th against the run in 2015. Dale Hawerchuk Jersey. ebraska passed only once in its first 21 plays, and its 13 total attempts were the fewest since the Huskers had the same number in a 41-31 win over Miami two years ago.Riley, who came to Lincoln last year with a reputation for developing passers, will be able to implement more of his pro-style offense once four-year starter Armstrong leaves. Riley recognizes Armstrongs running ability and has said he plans to incorporate it into the offense more than he did last year.But Riley also knows that leaning so much on the running game wont fly against the stout rushing defenses in the Big Ten.The Huskers were celebrated for being run-heavy in their 37-29 Foster Farms Bowl victory over UCLA last December. Nebraska ran on 62 of its 81 plays for a season-high 326 yards against the 98th-ranked rushing defense.Riley said the difference between the bowl game and the Fresno State game was that Armstrong was an efficient 12 of 19 passing for 174 yards against the Bruins.Had we looked sharper, I might be all right with how many times we threw (against Fresno State), Riley said. When we threw against UCLA, it was pretty effective, good percentages. It felt a lot better even though there were only six more attempts, I suppose. It just felt better.---Online: AP college football website: http://collegefootball.ap.org ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel